Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2021, 11:55 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Upgrade clear for my flight Weds DTW/LAS and see there is no mention of a meal service Glad I didn't take them up on their generous FC buy up offer of $750 a few weeks ago LOL.
What time is your flight?
Old Jun 29, 2021, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dcadwell
It's not relevant as his flight is before July 13th. The only FC/D1 flights getting meals right now are JFK/BOS - SEA/SFO/LAX as covered in the Wiki entry.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by dcadwell
6:59 PM which should still be in the meal service time. My flight home is around 4 p.m. and I did use an RUC on that since there was inventory and the first aisle available was towards the back of the bus and that is also showing no meal service.

6:59 pm
DTW
Detroit, MI
journey duration4H17M
LAS
Las Vegas, NV
8:16 pm
Boeing 757
First
Meal Services
Snacks, Drinks
Old Jun 29, 2021, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
6:59 PM which should still be in the meal service time. My flight home is around 4 p.m. and I did use an RUC on that since there was inventory and the first aisle available was towards the back of the bus and that is also showing no meal service.

6:59 pm
DTW
Detroit, MI
journey duration4H17M
LAS
Las Vegas, NV
8:16 pm
Boeing 757
First
Meal Services
Snacks, Drinks
Okay, but it's before July 13th. We've known for a month now that only BOS/JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX routes would be getting meal service starting on June 15th and remaining FC/D1 routes (over 1500 miles) would not get it until July 13th. The exception will only be for flights that depart after 9PM as those still do not show meals on/after 7/13.

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 29, 2021 at 2:24 pm
Old Jun 29, 2021, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
This is probably an aside, but I've never really understood why Delta kept MSP. Other than a few EAS flights, are there any MSP unique routes?

It has a very strong economy and many large corporations. This means tons of O/D traffic, lots of corporate contracts, and a healthy amount of people able to afford leisure travel.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is this true with no printed menus? That's ridiculous. The one-tray D1 service is awful, too, or are they back to multiple courses yet? Is dessert still a tub of ice cream for a $5,000 ticket?
Most international carriers are still serving their main meal on one tray in Business

BA LHR-LAX June 2021

Swiss JFK-ZRH May 2021

Lufthansa FRA-SFO May 2021

Delta AMS-JFK June 2021
Old Jun 29, 2021, 7:17 pm
pjs

Originally Posted by pjs
What are they doing on late redeyes? We have a 12:45am SEA-ATL in F in August (over 1500 miles). Would they serve super late dinner that no-one wants or breakfast prior to landing?
No one responded. I’m guessing we don’t know yet, but in the app it says LUNCH so we’ll see what that means. Hopefully it’s breakfast.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by pjs
No one responded. I’m guessing we don’t know yet, but in the app it says LUNCH so we’ll see what that means. Hopefully it’s breakfast.
You’re likely going to be getting a snack box from Y. This time doesn’t qualify for meal service normally.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pjs
The website lists nothing for this flight in First. Even before Covid, I don't recall any meals in FC on red-eye's (other than D1 flights which had some sort of light meal offerings) and I believe the best you might get is a granola bar or other snack on arrival. Definitely nothing in terms of plated meal service.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Delta would do better to just give F passengers a $25 voucher for a to-go order from an airport restaurant. Current D1 is what you would have gotten on LGA-ATL pre-covid.

Last edited by readywhenyouare; Jun 29, 2021 at 8:02 pm
Old Jun 29, 2021, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Delta would do better to just give F passengers a $25 voucher for a to-go order from an airport restaurant. Current D1 is what time would have gotten on LGA-ATL pre-covid.
Yeah honestly it’s sad when Doug Parker’s offering exceeds yours on a transcon…
Old Jun 29, 2021, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by xliioper
The website lists nothing for this flight in First. Even before Covid, I don't recall any meals in FC on red-eye's (other than D1 flights which had some sort of light meal offerings) and I believe the best you might get is a granola bar or other snack on arrival. Definitely nothing in terms of plated meal service.
I have flown to DTW from Sea, LAS, LAX and SFO on red eyes many times and have never received any type of meal service, it's just the snack basket and beverage service, no different than you'd get on a short daytime flight like DTW/NYC. I wish they would serve breakfast before arrival. Or at least have the snack boxes available.

Delta used to do a full D1 service in J on redeye. I flew to Lima in 2015 and they did a full D! service on the LIM/ATL redeye. Flew that route again in 2018 and it was only a couple choices and everything came out on one tray. I think they did have a selection of wine but it came out with your meal. I think the prearrival meal was similar to a breakfast you would get in domestic F if even that.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:29 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
What’s the meal service now in “delta one” [tray] on HNL-ATL, HNl-MSP? It’s rather long “double trans” (Pac and Con) flights that DL charges for a lot, and claims include dinner, snacks and breakfast. Is that all still just the “flight fuel” boxes of junk? Any recent first hand reports?
Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:50 am

Programs: DM Delta; VS Gold; HA Platinum; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by RealHJ
What’s the meal service now in “delta one” [tray] on HNL-ATL, HNl-MSP? It’s rather long “double trans” (Pac and Con) flights that DL charges for a lot, and claims include dinner, snacks and breakfast. Is that all still just the “flight fuel” boxes of junk? Any recent first hand reports?
I took the HNL-ATL/MSP flight in D1 about 6 or 7 times in the last two months. No flight fuel boxes. Instead, there is a lunch/dinner service after take off and a breakfast/snack service before landing, depending on the direction. The choices have been remarkably similar irrespective of the station out of which you're flying: beef tenderloin, chicken medallions, or a pasta dish for the main meal. For breakfast, they have been serving the overnight oats with fresh fruits and a croissant. For the snack, a turkey sandwich and one other choice. The desserts have varied from flight to flight. Full beverage service is available on this flight absent the new TipTop cocktails. They apparently don't cater those drinks on these flights. The only other noticeable difference is that there are more wine choices and the prosecco is served from a full bottle, not the individual self-serve ones. Picture below.

Old Jun 30, 2021, 6:00 am
pjs

Originally Posted by xliioper
App shows this:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.