Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Old Mar 24, 20, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*



For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Old Jun 25, 21, 7:31 am
  #4516  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: North Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 44
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
FC no longer gets the flight fuel boxes either. As apart of the June 15th service changes, the flight fuel boxes went back to BOB only that’s offered to Y and FC now only gets access to a selection from a new snack basket.
We got FF boxes on 6/19 from ATL to PHX in FC.
BenC2000 is offline  
Old Jun 25, 21, 8:51 am
  #4517  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 25,747
Originally Posted by BenC2000
We got FF boxes on 6/19 from ATL to PHX in FC.
Agree. The FF boxes only went away on routes that now get meals.
flyerCO is offline  
Old Jun 25, 21, 8:23 pm
  #4518  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: COS
Programs: DL Platinum+1MM, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 19
I returned this week from a DEN-ATH trip, domestic F/transoceanic Delta One and a KLM Europe Business leg. JFK-ATH Delta One offered the beef medallion/chicken thigh/veg pasta option for preselect; AMS-SEA on the return swapped a beef filet for the medallion. I pre-ordered beef both ways; the AMS-SEA meal was more substantial. For the prearrival meals, I forgot the other choices but I had an egg dish JFK-ATH and a cheeseburger AMS-SEA; both were good.
The 3+ hour ATH-AMS in KLM Europe Business had a chilled box meal of fresh pastries, yogurt and fruit with a decent beverage selection. Interestingly, KLM used their Delft ceramic coffee cups and real glasses for drinks and Delta is still sticking with paper and plastic cups while plating the meals on ceramic dinnerware.
Colomike is offline  
Old Jun 26, 21, 5:29 am
  #4519  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Posts: 441
Originally Posted by Colomike
I returned this week from a DEN-ATH trip, domestic F/transoceanic Delta One and a KLM Europe Business leg. JFK-ATH Delta One offered the beef medallion/chicken thigh/veg pasta option for preselect; AMS-SEA on the return swapped a beef filet for the medallion. I pre-ordered beef both ways; the AMS-SEA meal was more substantial. For the prearrival meals, I forgot the other choices but I had an egg dish JFK-ATH and a cheeseburger AMS-SEA; both were good.
The 3+ hour ATH-AMS in KLM Europe Business had a chilled box meal of fresh pastries, yogurt and fruit with a decent beverage selection. Interestingly, KLM used their Delft ceramic coffee cups and real glasses for drinks and Delta is still sticking with paper and plastic cups while plating the meals on ceramic dinnerware.
How was the beverage service JFK-ATH. More specifically, how was the wine selection?
buckeye91 is offline  
Old Jun 26, 21, 6:35 am
  #4520  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Programs: Delta Gold, United Gold, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 72
Originally Posted by buckeye91
How was the beverage service JFK-ATH. More specifically, how was the wine selection?
Can't speak for JFK-ATH, but ATH-JFK earlier this week for red was bordeaux or Pinot.
goyankees32790 is offline  
Old Jun 26, 21, 7:35 am
  #4521  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 52
Anyone have experience recently with US->Caribbean in FC? Trying to figure out if it’s just snacks or meal? Both legs are early July.
strickerj likes this.
ems717 is offline  
Old Jun 26, 21, 7:53 am
  #4522  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 20,981
Originally Posted by ems717
Anyone have experience recently with US->Caribbean in FC? Trying to figure out if it’s just snacks or meal? Both legs are early July.
Snacks only until July 13th and then flights over 1500 miles should start getting boxed meals. You can find out whether or not there is meal service with a "Flight Status" lookup and then selecting "See Flight Details" link, or by doing a booking lookup for a flight in FC. Or, you can just use gcmap.com to check if flight distance is over 1500 miles or not for flights on/after July 13th as that has consistently correlated with FC meal service listings on delta.com



From Flight Status lookup for same flight (note meal service under "Mid-Flight Refreshment") --

ems717 and ConnieDee like this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 26, 21 at 9:49 am
xliioper is online now  
Old Jun 26, 21, 10:36 am
  #4523  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 100,081
Originally Posted by goyankees32790
Can't speak for JFK-ATH, but ATH-JFK earlier this week for red was bordeaux or Pinot.
Were these individual-sized little bottles of wine or was it poured by a FA from a full-sized bottle?
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Jun 26, 21, 10:48 am
  #4524  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 14,312
Originally Posted by ems717
Anyone have experience recently with US->Caribbean in FC? Trying to figure out if it’s just snacks or meal? Both legs are early July.
Yes I flew US to Caribbean a few weeks ago and its just beverage service and the choice of flight fuel box... so same as domestic routes.
ems717 likes this.
rylan is offline  
Old Jun 26, 21, 11:38 am
  #4525  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Programs: Delta Gold, United Gold, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 72
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Were these individual-sized little bottles of wine or was it poured by a FA from a full-sized bottle?
poured from a real bottle that required a corkscrew to open (at least for the Bordeaux)
MSPeconomist likes this.
goyankees32790 is offline  
Old Jun 26, 21, 3:29 pm
  #4526  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: MCO
Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Posts: 4,063
Originally Posted by xliioper
Snacks only until July 13th and then flights over 1500 miles should start getting boxed meals. You can find out whether or not there is meal service with a "Flight Status" lookup and then selecting "See Flight Details" link, or by doing a booking lookup for a flight in FC. Or, you can just use gcmap.com to check if flight distance is over 1500 miles or not for flights on/after July 13th as that has consistently correlated with FC meal service listings on delta.com



From Flight Status lookup for same flight (note meal service under "Mid-Flight Refreshment") --

Lol that’s quite the deceptive description on the meal service for that flight. DL has already described in their press release that all other FC/D1 flights that don’t have meal service now over 1,500 miles will only be served a single serve cold entree. A far cry from “full meal service.”
cmd320 and ems717 like this.
MCO Flyer is offline  
Old Jun 26, 21, 3:35 pm
  #4527  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 471
Why can’t Delta start offering real D1 service on transatlantic flights like all of their competitors?

It reminds me of how fully sold -out, full-service Marriott properties continue to not offer housekeeping, keep their lounges closed and deny elites free breakfast (and force them to take points) because of “COVID” and “health” while no employees are required to wear masks and breakfast is served to paying customers in the packed hotel restaurants with no social distancing. It’s all a money grab. And it’s getting old, quick.
SudOvest is offline  
Old Jun 26, 21, 3:37 pm
  #4528  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 471
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer;[url=tel:33359766
33359766]Lol that’s quite the deceptive description on the meal service for that flight. DL has already described in their press release that all other FC/D1 flights that don’t have meal service now over 1,500 miles will only be served a single serve cold entree. A far cry from “full meal service.”
can someone explain how this has anything to do with protecting health? All the other airlines have essentially returned to full-service. Delta is being extremely cheap after their billion dollar bailout and it’s very annoying
SkyTeam777 likes this.
SudOvest is offline  
Old Jun 26, 21, 3:59 pm
  #4529  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: MCO
Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Posts: 4,063
Originally Posted by googs185
can someone explain how this has anything to do with protecting health? All the other airlines have essentially returned to full-service. Delta is being extremely cheap after their billion dollar bailout and it’s very annoying
It has nothing to do with it and DL is using the “health and safety BS” to have an excuse for their poor onboard offerings so they can cut cost. It also seems to be working because as it seems like every other post on the DL apologist r/Delta subreddit is always about “how can I pay to UG to FC” right now. If people are willing to continue paying for FC, why should DL bother even improving the offerings while they can save money in the process?
MCO Flyer is offline  
Old Jun 26, 21, 7:22 pm
  #4530  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 471
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer;[url=tel:33359830
33359830[/url]]It has nothing to do with it and DL is using the “health and safety BS” to have an excuse for their poor onboard offerings so they can cut cost. It also seems to be working because as it seems like every other post on the DL apologist r/Delta subreddit is always about “how can I pay to UG to FC” right now. If people are willing to continue paying for FC, why should DL bother even improving the offerings while they can save money in the process?
yes, exactly! This is also exactly what Marriott is doing to their elites, not offering anything at all and people continue to pack their hotels.
kyushuman, rylan and cmd320 like this.
SudOvest is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread