Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2021, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I just had one of the orange Sad Boxes for dinner on the ground. Perils of being single, and it was there, I have a whole stack of them in my pantry. They're no better on the ground than they are in the air.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Lft Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
International Meals in Business Class

I thought in the past that there was a location on the Delta website where I could find what the international meal choices would be for a given month. We are flying to/from ATL-ATH in August and trying to find out what the meal selections will be.

Can you direct me to the location on the website to find this information if it is still post by Delta?

Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2021, 8:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In the past, D1 TATL and TPAC meals tended to be the same for three months. There was usually a beef choice, a fish choice, chicken or something else, and vegetarian (but not vegan) pasta. Now the reports say that it's only three choices, with no fish.
lc412000 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 12:05 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
Are you flying Delta One? I would not rely on any 'older' website date for current meals. D1 intl meals are still paired down from 2019 service levels. You will get an option to 'pre-select' your meals 3-5 days before departure (either via an email or in your trip page on the Delta App). That is the only reliable method these days.
cmd320 likes this.

Last edited by arunhn; Jul 6, 2021 at 12:07 am Reason: Accidental submission
Old Jul 6, 2021, 12:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The thread title says business class and this is the DL forum, so I would assume that the ATL-ATH flight is D1. For a nonstop on this route, this would be the only possibility.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 12:14 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
Will stick with what I know!

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I flew this same route back in May and the choices were the exact same. I went with the Beef Tenderloin and it was pretty good (photo below).
Thanks! I just pre-selected the beef as well. I have no clue what a Chicken Roulade is.... I'll stick with the chewy, well done beef I am familiar with :-p
Old Jul 6, 2021, 12:36 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
My recent PS (MSP-KEF) and D1 (KEF-JFK) were beef "tenderloin," chicken and cheese lasagne as the 3 choices. With the MSP originating flight, I was able to pre-select meals 72 hours prior.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 2:43 am

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I just had one of the orange Sad Boxes for dinner on the ground. Perils of being single, and it was there, I have a whole stack of them in my pantry. They're no better on the ground than they are in the air.
I probably have a matching number of Biscoffs you could have paired with it for dessert!
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's a link to the menu selections from a recent post in the Inflight Service Changes thread -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33381255-post4546.html
lc412000 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:20 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
I just booked JFK-SFO for August but I can't select a meal. The reservation shows Snacks & Drinks as the meal option. I thought the meals were back on JFK-SFO, is that not correct?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyjfk
I just booked JFK-SFO for August but I can't select a meal. The reservation shows Snacks & Drinks as the meal option. I thought the meals were back on JFK-SFO, is that not correct?
Both Booking and Flight Status lookups on delta.com list meals on all JFK-SFO flights. Meals will show as Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner.

Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
This is the chicken roulade on a recent transatlantic flight..it was quite tasty and the chicken was tender and moist. The portion size was fine for me but some folks may think it’s on the small side. The soup is a corn chowder eastbound and a Thai coconut soup westbound.

Was there a printed menu? Has anyone ordered AVML ex-CDG? Trying to decide if I should do it both directions or just one. Anyone tried it? Thoughts on what the second meal might be (hot/cold)?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by flyjfk
You will be able to pre-select your meal in the app or through an email link they send you 7 days before the flight. Yes, meals are back on JFK-SFO and v.v. (have flown this route with meals already) - choice of three items.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 10:02 am

Programs: Delta
Duplicate

Last edited by CalebMCO; Jul 6, 2021 at 10:07 am Reason: Duplicate
Old Jul 6, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Was there a printed menu? Has anyone ordered AVML ex-CDG? Trying to decide if I should do it both directions or just one. Anyone tried it? Thoughts on what the second meal might be (hot/cold)?
No printed menu, but you can pre-order. Second meals in international D1 are more-or-less identical to those served pre-covid. Choice of salad or hot sandwich ( or hot / cold breakfast). Whilst not excusing Delta's lackluster offering, it is more-or-less identical to that offered by UA, AA and VS, all of which I have flown in the last 2 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.