Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2021, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
It has nothing to do with it and DL is using the “health and safety BS” to have an excuse for their poor onboard offerings so they can cut cost. It also seems to be working because as it seems like every other post on the DL apologist r/Delta subreddit is always about “how can I pay to UG to FC” right now. If people are willing to continue paying for FC, why should DL bother even improving the offerings while they can save money in the process?
Agreed. Unless you are too large to fit in a coach seat then there is zero reason to pay anything be it miles or cash to sit in F on Delta. A complete joke.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by googs185
It’s all a money grab. And it’s getting old, quick.
I think I'm staying home for the rest of the summer vacation wise. Going to enjoy the Tejas heat, work on my tan from the convenience of the pool one 777 wingspan away, and take back to travelling once this vaccine, summer fueled insanity subsides. Fares are absurdly expensive, service sucks (for the most part), and I have the luxury of taking PTO whenever I want so I'm just gonna sit the next 8 weeks out I think. My two tentative trips between now and Labor Day, one work and one to go visit my Mom and work from FL, will be on SW and UA. DL fares aren't competitive.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I think I'm staying home for the rest of the summer vacation wise. Going to enjoy the Tejas heat, work on my tan from the convenience of the pool one 777 wingspan away, and take back to travelling once this vaccine, summer fueled insanity subsides. Fares are absurdly expensive, service sucks (for the most part), and I have the luxury of taking PTO whenever I want so I'm just gonna sit the next 8 weeks out I think. My two tentative trips between now and Labor Day, one work and one to go visit my Mom and work from FL, will be on SW and UA. DL fares aren't competitive.
DL is definitely charging some ridiculous rates the next 1 and 1/2 months. I’d definitely expect rates to be higher right now but DL is not even close to being competitive with AA, UA, or WN and is charging the highest rates by far out of the 4. I have 1 flight with DL flight within the next 8 weeks and it’s a short haul I booked over a month ago, but I’m essentially in the same boat as you.
krazykanuck and arunhn like this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 6:00 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Had dinner last night with a friend who’s a SFO based UA 1K. She was shocked when I told her DL hasn’t been serving food in domestic First. She told me about her trancon that not only had a meal, but also a snack before landing with fresh cheese and fruit. I know it’s hub to hub, but she said even her SFO to Hawaii routes have had food. DL is definitely gambling on passengers not caring.
SFO777, cmd320, Kacee and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
DL is definitely gambling on passengers not caring.
Or being too ignorant to know that there is better service on almost every other airline.
cmd320, Kacee and gt5889a like this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by SFO777
Or being too ignorant to know that there is better service on almost every other airline.
Or in my case having passengers like me who are hub captives where they have no competition and stuck using them unless I want to connect. If I were using an airport like JFK, ORD, LAX or LAS and had a lot of choices I would using another airline

Unfortunately DTW doesn't have a lot of options for a lot of the cities I go to for either work or fun.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Or in my case having passengers like me who are hub captives where they have no competition and stuck using them unless I want to connect. If I were using an airport like JFK, ORD, LAX or LAS and had a lot of choices I would using another airline

Unfortunately DTW doesn't have a lot of options for a lot of the cities I go to for either work or fun.
Exactly! And DTW is better off than MSP - we are being downgraded to a minor hub it seems with less and less non-stop routes and virtually no international ones anymore. Was scheduled for London-MSP in September, that just got rerouted to London-Boston, then BOS-MSP. Boston? Sad what has happened to MSP.
kyushuman and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 9:38 am

Programs: DL Platinum+1MM, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by buckeye91
How was the beverage service JFK-ATH. More specifically, how was the wine selection?
DL One both ways (JFK-ATH and AMS-SEA) isn't using any kind of printed or IFE system menu for food or drinks. The only thing remotely resembling a menu is the meal preselection email/app option before the flight. I don't remember the specific Red wines, it was seat side delivery with no beverage trolley so no looking at the bottle without getting up and going to the galley. I had a Bordeaux both ways; selection was limited. I did ask specifically for a Port (to have with the small ice cream that was dessert) and the Purser said that hadn't returned yet.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 10:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by xiphoid76
Exactly! And DTW is better off than MSP - we are being downgraded to a minor hub it seems with less and less non-stop routes and virtually no international ones anymore. Was scheduled for London-MSP in September, that just got rerouted to London-Boston, then BOS-MSP. Boston? Sad what has happened to MSP.
Can you reroute through some other airport? BOS-LHR is too short for sleeping.
rylan and cmd320 like this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 1:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Yesterday I took my first two Delta flights since April

6/27 DL 2669 GPT-ATL 0600-0818 737-800: Drink service in F along with either Goldfish or Clif Bars. The FA served the snacks on a tray and was great about offering refills and more snacks. No PDB sadly and they have cranberry juice now not Cranapple but oh well

6/27 DL 2330 ATL-CLT 1214-1324 717-200: No snacks on this flight just drinks. Also Y didn't get anything which is a shame.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by xiphoid76
Wonder if MSP/LHR wasn't a popular route. I used to go to london once or twice a year precovid and would fly DTW/LHR. A lot of the times if I wanted to use a GUC the non-stops were never available but they never had an issue using them flying DTW/MSP/LHR or DTW/BOS/LHR
Old Jun 29, 2021, 9:35 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Any recent experiences with international special meals in PS/Y?
Old Jun 29, 2021, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Colomike
DL One both ways (JFK-ATH and AMS-SEA) isn't using any kind of printed or IFE system menu for food or drinks. The only thing remotely resembling a menu is the meal preselection email/app option before the flight. I don't remember the specific Red wines, it was seat side delivery with no beverage trolley so no looking at the bottle without getting up and going to the galley. I had a Bordeaux both ways; selection was limited. I did ask specifically for a Port (to have with the small ice cream that was dessert) and the Purser said that hadn't returned yet.
Is this true with no printed menus? That's ridiculous. The one-tray D1 service is awful, too, or are they back to multiple courses yet? Is dessert still a tub of ice cream for a $5,000 ticket?
Old Jun 29, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
This is probably an aside, but I've never really understood why Delta kept MSP. Other than a few EAS flights, are there any MSP unique routes?
Old Jun 29, 2021, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Upgrade clear for my flight Weds DTW/LAS and see there is no mention of a meal service Glad I didn't take them up on their generous FC buy up offer of $750 a few weeks ago LOL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.