Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2021, 5:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by richarddd
If food is essential, I'd bring my own rather than rely on an airline.
That should be considered anytime a person flys, even during a "normal" flight. In the event there's some kind of issue that requires the plane to be diverted and held on the tarmac, like the good ole days, at least some nuts, beef jerky etc, and your own water will hold you over. I remember when flights would run out of water and food on the tarmac for 3+ hours. But, rather be safe than sorry.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 7:45 pm

got a preorder email for MSP-CDG next week with the same 3 options posted above
Old Jun 23, 2021, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ConnieDee
Okay, so what about boarding and itinerary documents? I decided not to bring mega-food on board for DL 320 BOS-SEA on 6/16 because when I checked in, my boarding pass (?) or some other recent document showed "Snack,Drinks,Dinner,Snack" in column format. Can anyone else testify to the accuracy of these little service lists, wherever they actually appear?

I can't remember which document or page had this information: whether it was on a browser-based itinerary or on the print-format boarding pass. I only had my iPad and iPhone with me and I couldn't figure out how to make a .pdf in iOS. The iPhone boarding pass is just a QR code and minimal information. I threw away the boarding pass that I printed out at the airport.
If you use the website, you just need to click on the "Details" link for your flights on the "My Trips" page. If you are using the app, you need to select the "View More" pull-down after selecting an itin under "My Trips".
Old Jun 24, 2021, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by arkangel;[url=tel:33350581
33350581[/url]]Well, despite what I reported upthread about preselection being unavailable for any regular meals, but only for special meals, I also received an email inviting me to preselect entrees for my ATL-CDG D1 flight June 28. My choices included these same three options, but also offered two additional choices: Roasted Chilean Sea Bass, and Lamb & Mushroom Stuffed Piquillo Peppers. I selected the latter. Now I'm wondering if everything will plated all at once or service will be like it was precovid.
Please report back. We’re flying JFK-MXP on D1 for the first time on July 6 and hope to have good meals and service
Old Jun 24, 2021, 7:14 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
On recent D1 flights between JFK and LAS on the in seat monitor, selecting "drinks" they show a can of Heineken beer as an option--there are NONE.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:46 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by nrr
On recent D1 flights between JFK and LAS on the in seat monitor, selecting "drinks" they show a can of Heineken beer as an option--there are NONE.
Must be old. I can't remember where I saw it, but I was under the impression the beer selection is now limited to Sweetwater 420, Hazy IPA, and Miller Lite.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerWx
Must be old. I can't remember where I saw it, but I was under the impression the beer selection is now limited to Sweetwater 420, Hazy IPA, and Miller Lite.
There's a graphic showing alcohol choices is in the Wiki article at the top of this thread (the beer choices you mention are the ones shown).

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 24, 2021 at 10:15 am
Old Jun 24, 2021, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Is that new beer they worked with Sweetwater on available on most flights, or only a select few?
Old Jun 24, 2021, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by FlyDeltaMD88
Is that new beer they worked with Sweetwater on available on most flights, or only a select few?
Iit was not on any of my flights around Memorial Day, but was on 3 out of 4 flights 2 weeks later. Even the CRJ700 flight had it catered. Must have taken a while to cycle in the rotation.
FlyDeltaMD88 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 7:06 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
I asked for it on both my flights from ATL -PHX (6/4) and DEN - ATL (6/16) and they only had the regular Hazy IPA. I was in Y tho so maybe FC/C+ had it.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:06 pm

Programs: LH HON
So right now Premium Select gets the same meal as economy? Quite dissapointingl
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaMD88
I had it on CUN-BOS back on Saturday. I never specifically asked for it - just was given to me (albeit my third round haha) - but I was excited to have it - another Check in on Untappd for me!
FlyDeltaMD88 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:59 pm
formerly willbbiddy

Anyone flown to Brazil in D1 lately? What's the food looking like?
Old Jun 24, 2021, 9:03 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
I flew in D1 on 6/11 and 6/15, on the in seat monitor there is a "drink" listing, it showed a nice can of Heineken, I asked the FA but had to settle for "sparkling stuff",
Old Jun 25, 2021, 7:16 am

Did plated (hot) meals return to D1 between JFK-LAS? It wasn’t listed on the sticky above.

Originally Posted by nrr

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.