Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
I flew JFK-LAX last week. There was no "beverage service" - we were just asked what beverage we would like with our meal. I asked for a screwdriver and some water. Both were delivered with the meal tray. That was disappointing because I like to start the cocktail before starting dinner. Whatever.

While there was no printed menu, the flight attendant explained each dish to each passenger verbally. The choice was basically beef, chicken, or pasta. Aside from the entree, potato, and vegetable it came with a (nothing) salad, roll, and cheesecake-type dessert. There was no additional food throughout the flight, unless they came by when I was asleep.

As an aside, the lady across the aisle from me did not wear a mask throughout the flight and only once was she told to do so. She did for a couple of minutes and then it was gone again. Delta One privilege?
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by nrr
I'm flying D1 7-4-7/7 JFK-LAS-JFK, I just received an email from DL noting safety concerns and the email also notes:
[Treat yourself to a taste of local favorites when you fly in Delta One, compliments of our side-by-side collaborations with culinary experts who serve up the best and freshest examples of their region’s cuisine.

[color=#081649]NYC CULINARY PARTNERSOn flights from New York to Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle enjoy cuisine created by chefs from Union Square Hospitality Group.]
My bolding, there is an associated picture--much nicer looking than the "gourmet" boxes they've been dumping on pax lately....I'll report what they really serve on 7/8
Thats actually false advertising on DLs part. JFK-LAS (even the D1 marketed flights) wasn’t one of the initial “premium transcon” routes to get hot meals so it’s still snack boxes until 7/13 when the cold boxed meals will be substituted in its place.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Delta would do better to just give F passengers a $25 voucher for a to-go order from an airport restaurant. Current D1 is what you would have gotten on LGA-ATL pre-covid.
LOL

you think Delta spends that much on food?
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
LOL

you think Delta spends that much on food?
Of course not, but that's what it would realistically cost to buy something marginally passable in the terminal.
readywhenyouare likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 7:37 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by cmd320
I'd be a bit worried about the safety concerns part of the email, what exactly are they concerned about?
loosing money
jamesteroh and cmd320 like this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 10:47 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Friday 02 Jul 2021 DL1722 SFO-JFK 11:47 departure

Pre-order was available in the app. I would normally lean towards a meat entree, but the cauliflower cakes sounded interesting, and this way I can pretend I'm being healthier...

A beverage cart pass was made first. The Elevated Hazy exists! Finally successful at finding it after several attempts. The FA didn't even think they had it until they pulled it out of the drink cart. I thought it was decent, and rank them Elevated > 420 >>> yellow-can hazy

Field green salad, so slightly bitter (which is fine by me but not to everyone's liking I know) but offset well by the dressing which wasn't as heavy as it looked. Cauliflower cakes themselves were a bit bland (but it's cauliflower), made up for by the spinach/orzo underneath it. Good cheesecake.

All in all I enjoyed this and would not hesitate to order it again.

pjs, Carfield, krazykanuck and 6 others like this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Zorak
Friday 02 Jul 2021 DL1722 SFO-JFK 11:47 departure

Pre-order was available in the app. I would normally lean towards a meat entree, but the cauliflower cakes sounded interesting, and this way I can pretend I'm being healthier...

A beverage cart pass was made first. The Elevated Hazy exists! Finally successful at finding it after several attempts. The FA didn't even think they had it until they pulled it out of the drink cart. I thought it was decent, and rank them Elevated > 420 >>> yellow-can hazy
Approximately how far out did you receive the menu availability? I've got some flights later this month (SFO/JFK) and so far, nada. Where did it appear on the app?
Old Jul 3, 2021, 12:18 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Approximately how far out did you receive the menu availability? I've got some flights later this month (SFO/JFK) and so far, nada. Where did it appear on the app?
I booked 6 days out and it was immediately available. I forget where exactly in the app, but there was a large button saying something like "select your entree" (and after selecting, "change your entree") so should be easy to find once it's available.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I didn't get an email but saw "Select your Entree" in the app 4 days before departure for a D1 Hawaii flight.

I had to close and reopen the app to be able to click it
Old Jul 3, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I am flying LAX-JFK on July 9. On July 2 I received an email from Delta offering the opportunity to select my meal. I did so on the computer (not the app) and received an email confirming my selection.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 2:22 pm

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
I've been a diamond for many years. I have two International flights scheduled for 3rd quarter but none of them are on DL. Why? Because the prices were totally out of the ballpark compared to the competition and there is no comparison as to what DL is "serving" compared to AA and UA. So DL lost out on a party of 3 to AA and UA in business class. It is high past time to return to NORMAL service, Ed. You might be "woke" but you aren't awake to what's happening to your airline.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Mai tais back on D1 Hawaii flights?

The meals to Hawaii look....unappetizing. It's sad. The service used to be so good.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by demkr
Mai tais back on D1 Hawaii flights?

The meals to Hawaii look....unappetizing. It's sad. The service used to be so good.
I don’t think Mai Tai’s are back to Hawaii yet (even pre-COVID they were hit or miss as to if they would be catered or not). Also note that meals aren’t fully back on all Hawaii flights just yet. Only ATL/MSP-HNL are getting meals right now. Starting July 13th, the rest of the Hawaii flights from SEA, SLC, or LAX will start getting cold boxed meals.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 3:56 pm

This is what UA is serving on a flight under 1000 miles. Yet we'll be getting cold oatmeal on 1500+ flights. Just sad.

Never thought I'd want to switch back to UA...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33357234-post565.html
Old Jul 3, 2021, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by demkr
This is what UA is serving on a flight under 1000 miles. Yet we'll be getting cold oatmeal on 1500+ flights. Just sad.

Never thought I'd want to switch back to UA...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33357234-post565.html
I am not making any long term decisions on anything because of CCCP (Current Covid Catering Protocols - read into my acronym as you will or won't - but I will make short term decisions on the current state of affairs. I've been to HNL 3 times this year, and without the wristband program, I'd hesitate taking DL or any other non-participant. I recently flew HA outbound and AS return, and had lovely crews serving me decent hot meals. On the one hand, I didn't have any lounge access in either direction. On the other hand, when I departed HNL (on AS) and saw the line to get out of the terminal - it went back to pretty much the end of the E gates, and getting through it to get to the AS gate was no easy feat. I have no doubt that the premium DL pax were delighted to wait in that line after 5+ hours of SkySnackboxService.
RealHJ, cmd320 and HaleiwaFlyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.