Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2021, 6:40 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
I hear there is a new snack box coming based on positive customer feedback...
Old Mar 1, 2021, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I'd suggest looking at JetBlue that offers a WAY better product in Mint Class
cmd320 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 10:57 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
Despite 6 AM flight the FAs did offer wine and beer to the zero takers in F.
I'll take it regardless the hours, and a refill for sure. Not an alcoholic.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 12:24 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
A 4-, 5-, or 6- hour plus flight is a really long one without any ice, or refreshments besides water, wine or beer! It is unbelievable this is going on now in to March !
Old Mar 1, 2021, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
My first flight in over a year is in late march and would love to have at least OJ returned since this is an early morning flight or to have a coffee and baileys Not holding my breath until Delta stops blocking seats.

I think Delta will have to return to full beverage and meals once they stop blocking seats or lower their prices from the competition since they can't say no food and drinks is due to safety issues if they are allowing strangers in the seat next to you
Buy a coffee in the airport and add as many bailey minis as you want to it before boarding.
The private family restrooms work great for this. 😉
jamesteroh and sassybritches like this.

Last edited by apodo77; Mar 2, 2021 at 12:25 pm
Old Mar 1, 2021, 7:07 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
I hear there is a new snack box coming based on positive customer feedback...

is that just the box or the food as well?
DLASflyer and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
I'd suggest looking at JetBlue that offers a WAY better product in Mint Class
Honestly this is the best advice for the OP, not only from a cabin service point of view but also from a seating point of view. I certainly wouldn’t want to be stuck in Delta F on one of the longest transcon flights out there.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by apodo77
Buy a coffee in the airport and add as many baileys as you want to it before boarding.
The private family restrooms work great for this. 😉
LOL too bad DTW still didn't have a self-service bar. I did do that a couple times when I knew I wasn't getting upgraded, fill my travel cup with coffee and then put some bailey's from the bar in it
Old Mar 2, 2021, 12:46 pm

Programs: n/a
Any recent menus or reviews of transcon D1 meal options? Particularly westbound red eye. Thanks

Are they only doing pre-packaged things?
Old Mar 2, 2021, 12:50 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by itslit509
Any recent menus or reviews of transcon D1 meal options? Particularly westbound red eye. Thanks

Are they only doing pre-packaged things?
no meals on any transcon D1. Only the snack boxes.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 12:54 pm

Programs: n/a
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
no meals on any transcon D1. Only the snack boxes.
Thank you for the response. Do you know on a red-eye is the snack box at least geared towards breakfast items? or is it just like chips and water?
Old Mar 2, 2021, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by itslit509
Thank you for the response. Do you know on a red-eye is the snack box at least geared towards breakfast items? or is it just like chips and water?
Same items regardless if time if day.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 1:54 pm

Programs: Delta Sky Miles (Platinum), Hertz Gold, Hilton HHonors Silver, Hotel Tonight Level 10 Statuses.
Originally Posted by msp727
Pre-Departure Travel Kits & Earbuds

Cucumber, tomato, and red onion Italian salad

Entree choices were Cheese Ravioli or Chicken Marsala (pictured) w/ garlic mashed potatoes, French green beans, and California bias cut carrots.

Ben & Jerry’s Cookie Dough ice cream.

[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/858afd7a-03a8-4cff-9fb5-51e67429fc05[/img]
This is what I don't understand - Why, why, why does HNL flights get meals but JFK-LAX only get snack boxes in J? And I had to ask for another when I got hungry again and (to be honest) they're not great either. DL has to get over the "Double Standard COVID Crutch." If the Sky Clubs at JFK and LAX can be open, what's stopping me from shoving packaged food in my carry-on before the flight? (Truth be told, I almost did this before my flight in J.)
Old Mar 2, 2021, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by N590UA
This is what I don't understand - Why, why, why does HNL flights get meals but JFK-LAX only get snack boxes in J? And I had to ask for another when I got hungry again and (to be honest) they're not great either. DL has to get over the "Double Standard COVID Crutch." If the Sky Clubs at JFK and LAX can be open, what's stopping me from shoving packaged food in my carry-on before the flight? (Truth be told, I almost did this before my flight in J.)
2,500 mile flight vs. 4,000 mile flight. There's more of a need to eat on a 9 hour flight than a 6 hour flight.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
2,500 mile flight vs. 4,000 mile flight. There's more of a need to eat on a 9 hour flight than a 6 hour flight.
Even SLC-HNL/OGG at 3,000 miles and 7+ hours doesn’t get any meals/drinks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.