Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Old Mar 24, 20, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Old Jul 6, 21, 11:16 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta View Post
This is the chicken roulade on a recent transatlantic flight..it was quite tasty and the chicken was tender and moist. The portion size was fine for me but some folks may think it’s on the small side. The soup is a corn chowder eastbound and a Thai coconut soup westbound.

The OP was talking about Hawai D1 meals which is different/more limited than TATL right now. There is no soup being served in transcon/Hawaii D1 and the pre arrival meal was a cold sandwhich vs INTL which usually gets a heated sandwhich.
Old Jul 6, 21, 11:21 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer View Post
The OP was talking about Hawai D1 meals which is different/more limited than TATL right now. There is no soup being served in transcon/Hawaii D1 and the pre arrival meal was a cold sandwhich vs INTL which usually gets a heated sandwhich.
I was mainly referring to the chicken roulade main dish which the OP said he was unfamiliar with; the three main course selections appear to be the same for both TATL and Hawaii long-haul.
Old Jul 6, 21, 11:25 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta View Post
I was mainly referring to the chicken roulade main dish which the OP said he was unfamiliar with; the three main course selections appear to be the same for both TATL and Hawaii long-haul.
The main courses appear to be nearly identical with only the soup being omitted from Hawaii flights for unknown reasons. I guess this is DLs response to Hawaii D1 pax

demkr, krazykanuck, cmd320 and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 7, 21, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ckx2 View Post
Ricotta Tortellini. Not too bad.
I keep seeing these meals and think to myself, wow they finally brought back service in domestic F... then I see the captions and realize these are supposed to be D1 meals...
Old Jul 7, 21, 12:37 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
I keep seeing these meals and think to myself, wow they finally brought back service in domestic F... then I see the captions and realize these are supposed to be D1 meals...
My wife and I sprung for F once on a weekend getaway DTW-ATL, during Thanksgiving week when they put 744s on that route just before their retirement. Needless to say we didn't expect any meal service on those flights; we just wanted to experience the D1 seat in the nose cone and upper deck.

Now, I do hope some semblance of food returns in time for our JFK-CUN flight though, or she'll really question my sanity in springing for F on a 739.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 21, 12:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyjfk View Post
I just booked JFK-SFO for August but I can't select a meal. The reservation shows Snacks & Drinks as the meal option. I thought the meals were back on JFK-SFO, is that not correct?
Are you flying at a time when meals are served?
Old Jul 7, 21, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
Rumor on the street is that Covid made DL allergic to good food... LOL
Old Jul 7, 21, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
There's no meal windows on these flights. All JFK-SFO flights get meals in D1.
Old Jul 7, 21, 1:30 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I'm departing at 8:54 pm. I'll wait until we're closer to the actual date, but hopefully it won't be a bag of snacks only.
Old Jul 7, 21, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyjfk View Post
I'm departing at 8:54 pm. I'll wait until we're closer to the actual date, but hopefully it won't be a bag of snacks only.
Both a sample booking and Flight Status listing show this flight as having a meal (Dinner). It would be helpful if you could provide a screenshot.

Old Jul 7, 21, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
Both a sample booking and Flight Status listing show this flight as having a meal (Dinner). It would be helpful if you could provide a screenshot.

the Snacks listed twice thing is funny. Come on IT people, lol
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 7, 21, 4:02 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by demkr View Post
the Snacks listed twice thing is funny. Come on IT people, lol
I'm interpreting that as two snacks, and I'd raise hell if I don't get both!
Old Jul 7, 21, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by strickerj View Post
I'm interpreting that as two snacks, and I'd raise hell if I don't get both!

Me too! I've got identical double snack flights coming up soon!
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 7, 21, 6:20 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by fly747first View Post
Rumor on the street is that Covid made DL allergic to good food... LOL
covid made DL lose their sense of taste...so now, they just put out anything without knowing if it tastes any good!
fly747first, cmd320 and strickerj like this.
Old Jul 7, 21, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by p100a View Post
JFK CDG. AF... Gasp....real service. Real food. Real glassware. The horror.
​​​
Hope you made it out safely… this looks extremely dangerous, according to Delta and the Mayo Clinic at least…
krazykanuck and truncated like this.

Search this Thread