Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Old Mar 24, 20, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*



For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Old Jul 20, 21, 1:50 am
  #4756  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: PNS
Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Posts: 682
With the stock market having a huge drawback today (because of the Delta variant of covid); mostly from the travel sector (Airlines, Cruise Lines, and Hotels) I don't see any of this getting better in the near future. Lost a good chunk of change today in the market (not from travel stocks) but it brought the whole market down.
AeRoSpaceman is offline  
Old Jul 20, 21, 9:23 pm
  #4757  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Posts: 1,730
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman View Post
With the stock market having a huge drawback today (because of the Delta variant of covid); mostly from the travel sector (Airlines, Cruise Lines, and Hotels) I don't see any of this getting better in the near future. Lost a good chunk of change today in the market (not from travel stocks) but it brought the whole market down.
Ah, but a whole bunch of folks bought into airline stocks today at the bottom, betting that this forum's members will still be traveling tomorrow
Lomapaseo is offline  
Old Jul 20, 21, 9:50 pm
  #4758  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MCO
Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Posts: 12,809
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo View Post
Ah, but a whole bunch of folks bought into airline stocks today at the bottom, betting that this forum's members will still be traveling tomorrow
Good luck to them. Today was nowhere near the bottom
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
cmd320 is offline  
Old Jul 21, 21, 2:15 am
  #4759  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East Coast
Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Posts: 11,289
Everyone should check their itineraries. DL just removed the meal designation for flights over 1,500 miles so at this rate it may be closer to the end of the year when they actually decide to bring back meals. I just had one trip scheduled with DL and will cancel it now.
cmd320 likes this.
fly747first is offline  
Old Jul 21, 21, 4:51 am
  #4760  
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: NY
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 92
Originally Posted by fly747first View Post
Everyone should check their itineraries. DL just removed the meal designation for flights over 1,500 miles so at this rate it may be closer to the end of the year when they actually decide to bring back meals. I just had one trip scheduled with DL and will cancel it now.

I can confirm. Lunch was removed from my flight for this Friday.
JetOutTonight is offline  
Old Jul 21, 21, 5:14 am
  #4761  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 20,170
7/28 looks to be the revised target date for meals with a limited rollout (SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC). No meals listed to/from DEN/PDX/LAS/PHX/TUS/SMF/SAN/SNA/MIA/ANC/FAI among others on 7/28 even on flights over 1500 miles. Target start dates for these other stations look to be 8/17 and 8/24.

Also, hub-to-hub/focus city routes over 900 miles showing meals during meal times starting 8/24 (MSP-SEA/SLC/RDU/ATL/BOS/LGA/JFK, DTW-AUS/SLC, ATL-MSP/BOS/MEX, RDU-AUS, etc). Although AUS-MSP flights currently have empty Meal Services field.

Searching further out, it looks like old meal service standards are restored on 8/31 with all flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals during meal windows.
kyushuman likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 21, 21 at 8:35 am
xliioper is offline  
Old Jul 21, 21, 5:46 am
  #4762  
pjs
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA
Posts: 760
Originally Posted by fly747first View Post
Everyone should check their itineraries. DL just removed the meal designation for flights over 1,500 miles so at this rate it may be closer to the end of the year when they actually decide to bring back meals. I just had one trip scheduled with DL and will cancel it now.
Yup - MSP-FAI and FAI-SEA-ATL in mid-August all removed for now.
pjs is offline  
Old Jul 21, 21, 5:50 am
  #4763  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Programs: Clan Loganair
Posts: 71
sold put at 35. Would not mind owning there
diniasi likes this.
LordJohn is offline  
Old Jul 21, 21, 5:53 am
  #4764  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 20,170
Originally Posted by pjs View Post
Yup - MSP-FAI and FAI-SEA-ATL in mid-August all removed for now.
FAI and ANC meals currently listed to start on 8/24. SEA-ATL has meals listed starting on 7/28 (perhaps you are on the red-eye as FC departures after 9PM don't get meals).

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 21, 21 at 6:06 am
xliioper is offline  
Old Jul 21, 21, 7:09 am
  #4765  
pjs
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA
Posts: 760
Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
FAI and ANC meals currently listed to start on 8/24. SEA-ATL has meals listed starting on 7/28 (perhaps you are on the red-eye as FC departures after 9PM don't get meals).
yup redeye. Also flying back from FAI 8/23 😂
pjs is offline  
Old Jul 21, 21, 7:52 am
  #4766  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: MCO
Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Posts: 3,939
Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
FAI and ANC meals currently listed to start on 8/24. SEA-ATL has meals listed starting on 7/28 (perhaps you are on the red-eye as FC departures after 9PM don't get meals).
Yikes not even ATL-ANC is getting meals 7/28. Absolutely pathetic for a 7+ hour flight! Why does ATL-SEA get meals before ATL-ANC?
AeRoSpaceman and cmd320 like this.
MCO Flyer is offline  
Old Jul 21, 21, 10:21 am
  #4767  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 149
ATL <-> LAX flights are still showing meals. Anyone know if they're actually serving a real meal?
atldiamond is offline  
Old Jul 21, 21, 10:26 am
  #4768  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MCO
Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Posts: 12,809
Originally Posted by atldiamond View Post
ATL <-> LAX flights are still showing meals. Anyone know if they're actually serving a real meal?
It seems as though the only flights that are actually serving meals are D1 flights presently. Despite a number of longer flights marketing meals as being a part of the product, Delta is currently failing to deliver on this.
cmd320 is offline  
Old Jul 21, 21, 10:43 am
  #4769  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 149
Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
It seems as though the only flights that are actually serving meals are D1 flights presently. Despite a number of longer flights marketing meals as being a part of the product, Delta is currently failing to deliver on this.
Maybe. The website and app are showing dinner on ATL LAX but not ATL ANC. So maybe they've started on LAX flights >1500 miles. MSP/DTW<-> LAX also shows meals.
atldiamond is offline  
Old Jul 21, 21, 10:55 am
  #4770  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: MCO
Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Posts: 3,939
Originally Posted by atldiamond View Post
Maybe. The website and app are showing dinner on ATL LAX but not ATL ANC. So maybe they've started on LAX flights >1500 miles. MSP/DTW<-> LAX also shows meals.
As someone else posted upthread, meals on select transcon flights will start July 28th. ATL-LAX is one of those flights. From now-July 28th, its just showing snacks.
MCO Flyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread