Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N639DL
Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2016, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by kmersh
ex-EWR catering seems to be better than other stations, not sure why.

I have consistently had good food ex-EWR, the Salmon plate is one of my favorites, the terminal is depressing, but that is not DELTA's fault.
I second that. SC was also pretty groddy. I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw the award for 'most improved sky club customer service.' What the present condition of the facility was an improvement on must have been scary! LOL
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
DEN-SLC-LHR

I flew an award trip in Delta One last month; here are some photos.

DEN-SLC
CR9
Refreshments

SLC-LHR
767-300
Dinner, Breakfast

Farro Guacamole

Spring Mix Salad/Corn and Green Chile Bisque/pretzel roll

Grilled Beef Tenderloin with fontina polenta cake, grilled artichoke and smoked tomato onion salad

Vanilla Ice Cream Sundae with chocolate sauce, nuts and wafer cookie

Southwestern Frittata with warm pico de gallo and chicken apple sausage (and cinnamon roll and fruit)

Last edited by Kurt; Aug 22, 2016 at 6:55 pm
Old Aug 22, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
MSPSAN
MD90
Dinner

They delayed boarding for 30 mins waiting on pilots, then boarded us, then we waited another 30 mins. PDBs but can't recall multiple runs.

Choice of stuffed chicken breast or (I think) salmon. Orders taken front to back. Drink choice, hot towels, but no offer of snack basket. Meal delivered....I would say it was meh. Chicken breast was ok but the potatoes were rather...uninspired. They were just some fingerling potatoes that seem thrown in at the last minute and no real flavor. Trays collected and was expecting them to offer dessert. Finally they offered coffee and I finally just straight out asked and was told dessert was loaded but it had melted....ok that's a new one.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 3:20 pm

LHR-ATL-BWI

The return flight (I see a similar meal ex-CDG, but I had the chicken; LHR catering was very good on this flight; the chicken was one of the best in-flight meals I've ever enjoyed).

LHR-ATL
767-300
Dinner, Snack

Asian beef

Thai curry soup/salad

Corn-fed chicken with mushroom/cream sauce, potatoes, spinach and cherry tomatoes

Cheese/port

Strawberry sundae (yes I was greedy and had cheese and ice cream)

Pre-arrival hot roast-beef sandwich with salad and a chocolate

Goodbye chocolate

ATL-BWI
MD90
Refreshments

I overnighted in ATL as DL31 didn't legally connect to any ATL-BWI flight that evening.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 3:23 pm

ATL-DEN
737-900
Breakfast

Short-haul breakfast
Old Aug 22, 2016, 3:24 pm

SLC-DCA
757-200
Breakfast

Medium-haul breakfast
Old Aug 22, 2016, 3:25 pm

ATL-DEN
737-900
Breakfast

Short-haul breakfast (August 2016 version)
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:17 pm

Is it unusual not to have the snack basket offered? I was on a mainline flight that was 250-750 miles long. FAs were great with keeping drinks filled the whole flight, but no snacks. Common occurrence, or just bad catering?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Widgets
Is it unusual not to have the snack basket offered? I was on a mainline flight that was 250-750 miles long. FAs were great with keeping drinks filled the whole flight, but no snacks. Common occurrence, or just bad catering?
Definitely not the norm. If you say F/As kept glasses full I'd infer that means it was a catering mishap.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Can anyone update the service flow for First ATL-HNL? Are there no nuts or snack before the meal? Just a drink before meal and they plop everything on one tray down and there is just the pre-arrival snack with the snack basket in between? Thanks!!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Widgets
I'm beginning to wonder if DL has significantly cut back on snack basket catering. None of my recent meal flights have had a snack basket it FC. There was one for C+, but I was told that it wasn't for FC (really??).

Other flights, there hasn't been one at all.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
I'm beginning to wonder if DL has significantly cut back on snack basket catering. None of my recent meal flights have had a snack basket it FC. There was one for C+, but I was told that it wasn't for FC (really??).

My recent JFK-RDU-JFK C+ flights have not had the snack basket but first class did. The FA just gave C+ passengers Biscoff without a choice and pretzels and peanuts on the other flight also without a choice. I thought the snack basket should be passed if F has it. I wish DL/DCI service would be more consistent.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:04 pm

Last two DELTA First Class Flights both had the snack basket but both times items ran out and the FA was unable to refill the the basket.

She said that usually she was catered with extra snacks to refill the basket with, but her last 5 flights she was given exactly x baskets per segment and she no longer had a way to refill the basket without potentially taking snacks from the return leg.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:24 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC

When they added snack basket for C+, they took it away for F flights less than 1500 miles.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by jrkmsp
When they added snack basket for C+, they took it away for F flights less than 1500 miles.
To be fair, it was always stipulated only flights 1500+ miles, were to receive a meal and snack basket. It was always nice when you got both on sub 1500 flights but it was never a guarantee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.