Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N639DL
Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
ATL-LAS on Tuesday in a 737-900:

Choice of "steak and potatoes or fish and rice" was the exact wording from the FA. The fish looked to be salmon and had noodles with it and not rice IMO. Ate the steak and it was actually cooked well and tender.

LAS-ATL on Thursday in a 737-900"

Otameal or quiche. Neither sounded appetizing at all and passed.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by apodo77

Choice of "steak and potatoes or fish and rice" was the exact wording from the FA. The fish looked to be salmon and had noodles with it and not rice IMO. Ate the steak and it was actually cooked well and tender.

Was it a filet and fingerling potatoes? Haven't seen that in almost a year. Has to be DL's best domestic FC meal.

(The calzone and DL burger tie for second).
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:19 am

The quiche actually isn't bad, as far as Delta's egg dishes go, as long as it is not overcooked.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Recently flew AMS-SEA-SFO. The D1 meals were the same summer menu pics others have posted so not going to report. I will say that I liked my meals in both directions TATL (I had the chicken dish both times, BBQ SEA-AMS and ricotta AMS-SEA).

However, this one was new for me on the SEA-SFO run and wanted to post. Described as a chicken & noodle dish. I guess it is something like chicken lo mein. Not terrible but also not great as the primary flavor was just salt. It was served hot (a/c was E-170).
Attached Images  
Old Aug 27, 2016, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
However, this one was new for me on the SEA-SFO run and wanted to post. Described as a chicken & noodle dish. I guess it is something like chicken lo mein. Not terrible but also not great as the primary flavor was just salt. It was served hot (a/c was E-170).
I had this back in January. I thought the chicken was pretty good but the rest was a bit bland. It would be nice if they provided some soy, Sriracha, and/or some kind of sauce to put on it.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by WWads
Was it a filet and fingerling potatoes? Haven't seen that in almost a year. Has to be DL's best domestic FC meal.

(The calzone and DL burger tie for second).
That's exactly what it was and a very nice portion as well. One of the best meals I have had in a long time on DL.

Maybe lucky but back in April had the same dish MSP-MCO.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by nystateofmind
The quiche actually isn't bad, as far as Delta's egg dishes go, as long as it is not overcooked.
I'll keep that in mind for next time. After partaking in LAS the previous night nothing sounded very appetizing except a bloody mary.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:38 am

Last week, 1000 mile flights, breakfast on E175 was a choice of a egg/bacon/smoked gouda crossaint or Cheerios. I had the croissant and it was pretty good. Odd numbered flight on Compass, took orders from front. Return was on 717 and the choice was either meatballs and spinach or chicken salad. Despite the odd combo of the meatballs, that's what I chose and was happy with my selection. Got two racquet ball sized meatballs on a bed of spinach covered in sauce and ricotta with a slice of bread. A bit salty but not bad. Odd numbered flight, took orders from back. The non-rev next to me asked for whatever was left^^. No SHENA, not enough medallions to fill F.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: Delta DDM 720, SPG Unobtainium, CC Adamantium, can I keep bragging now?
(Vent time)

So today on ATL - LAX (767 with lie flats) my choices up front were...

Salmon salad
Salmon salad
Or salmon salad.

Kinda pissed. Stupid me grabbing 1A and getting to pick almost last. Late lunch time, too, so snacked on some cheese and grapes.

Made it clear (nicely) that airline fish is not something I'm going to eat and wasn't offered any alternatives (snack basket, choices from in back, etc).

Excuse me while I gnaw on this seat cushion. Should have stopped at Chik Fil A.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 4:18 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
New JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO menu on Sep 1 (finally):
http://news.delta.com/ny-s-north-end...ght-delta-fall

Being brought into line with the premium TATL routes from JFK. I assume the menu linked in the article is only for the TATL flights since the TCON routes have, at least until now, had a slightly less elaborate meal service.

I am flying D1 JFK-SFO on Saturday and will report back on the new menu.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Gold; Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by bgriff
New JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO menu on Sep 1 (finally):
http://news.delta.com/ny-s-north-end...ght-delta-fall

Being brought into line with the premium TATL routes from JFK. I assume the menu linked in the article is only for the TATL flights since the TCON routes have, at least until now, had a slightly less elaborate meal service.

I am flying D1 JFK-SFO on Saturday and will report back on the new menu.
Will this also be on SFO - JFK routing? I'm flying that routing on Friday (Sept 2) in D1 and would be nice to have a different dining option from last week's SFO - JFK flight!
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by SFCav
Will this also be on SFO - JFK routing? I'm flying that routing on Friday (Sept 2) in D1 and would be nice to have a different dining option from last week's SFO - JFK flight!
My guess it will be hit or miss:

customers flying in the Delta One cabin on select trans-Atlantic and transcontinental flights
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:19 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by SFCav
Language in the article suggests it is only ex-JFK, like the European menus. Will be interesting to see if they refresh the menus ex-CA too though. If nothing else you should have a different menu from last week due to the change of month anyway.

My guess it will be hit or miss:

customers flying in the Delta One cabin on select trans-Atlantic and transcontinental flights
Pretty sure that just means it is not on JFK-SEA and other non-SFO/LAX routes transcontinentally, and that it is only on the same European routes that have always had the Danny Meyer menus (so not BCN, MAD, MXP, FCO, and a few others).
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by HonoraryOrange
(Vent time)

So today on ATL - LAX (767 with lie flats) my choices up front were...

Salmon salad
Salmon salad
Or salmon salad.

Kinda pissed. Stupid me grabbing 1A and getting to pick almost last. Late lunch time, too, so snacked on some cheese and grapes.

Made it clear (nicely) that airline fish is not something I'm going to eat and wasn't offered any alternatives (snack basket, choices from in back, etc).

Excuse me while I gnaw on this seat cushion. Should have stopped at Chik Fil A.
This is one of my favorite meals. But if you did not want to eat the fish, you still could have had the salad without the fish plus the sides.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WWads
I'm beginning to wonder if DL has significantly cut back on snack basket catering. None of my recent meal flights have had a snack basket it FC. There was one for C+, but I was told that it wasn't for FC (really??).

Other flights, there hasn't been one at all.
an FA said that DL is catering 1 snack basket for 2 flights w/ some replenishment. after she came around with a handful of pretzel packets and a banana!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.