Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N639DL
Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2016, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
ORD-LGA
E175
Lunch

PDB....yea right.

Choice of ham and Swiss sandwich or another (but different from my outbound) Asian chicken salad.

The salad was really good and came with wonton chips and a delicious miso dressing.

FA service didn't start until well after 30 mins after take off due to "turbulence". Cabin check ins were better than my last flight but am still not loving Shuttle America....they are not good representatives of the Delta brand (obviously I know they are not employees like Endeavor but Deltas goal is to make the experience seem the same between mainline and regional).
Republic and its subsidiaries are often subpar. That company is going through chapter 11 currently, so it's not surprising that there are issues.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 1:58 pm

DL427 (JFK-LAX) Delta One Meal Service?

Hi all - Flying DL427 this week at 9:40pm from JFK to LAX in Delta One. Will there be meal service on this flight?

Currently my app says no meal service but when I pull my reservation up on the website, it says Dinner.

Anyone flown this flight and know if there is meal service? If not going to eat at airport. Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2016, 4:16 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by oconnotj900
Hi all - Flying DL427 this week at 9:40pm from JFK to LAX in Delta One. Will there be meal service on this flight?

Currently my app says no meal service but when I pull my reservation up on the website, it says Dinner.

Anyone flown this flight and know if there is meal service? If not going to eat at airport. Thanks!
There seems to be a bug in the app: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l-service.html

D1 TCON always has a meal service. On late evening departures it's a one-course hot entree of some type, usually a burger/sandwich.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 8:07 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Had choice of cereal or a sausage, egg, and cheese panini from MSP-ATL yesterday morning. Sandwich was pretty good, but the FA was truly outstanding. Email already sent to DL.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum
I've got BOS-LHR on a 763 coming up in two weeks in J. What's the menu like these days? I haven't crossed the pond in about six months.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL PM
August 12, 2016 J / D1 From HKG -> SEA

Menu BE-HKG-SEA 08/16

I pre-ordered the Chinese Meal. Very glad I did; this one was really good all around!!

Menu:
Name:  menu1.jpg
Views: 1528
Size:  291.6 KB
Name:  menu2.jpg
Views: 1435
Size:  556.1 KB
Name:  menu3.jpg
Views: 1532
Size:  608.1 KB

Settling in: Beef with Lo Sui Sauce

This was OK. Presentation suffered because we hit some turbulence right before service. Served cold; sauce was interesting. Nothing particularly memorable.
Name:  01app.jpg
Views: 1510
Size:  493.0 KB

Starters: Prawn Salad with Chili Sauce, Chinese Pickles. Was offered the tomato soup; I accepted. Both were good. Shrimp were served cold; not overdone and very flavorful.
Name:  02-app.jpg
Views: 1538
Size:  477.3 KB

Main Course: Lo Sui Duck with asian plum sauce, vegetables, steamed rice. This was VERY good. Ate this with the provided plastic chopsticks. Throughly enjoyed it.
Name:  03-duck.jpg
Views: 1463
Size:  456.6 KB

Dessert: I got my usual ice cream sundae. Their lemon cakes looked really tempting though!
Name:  04 - dessert.jpg
Views: 1466
Size:  401.3 KB

Sky break basket: Had some Dove Chocolate in it, which went fast!

Mid Flight Snack: Dim Sum. Came with crappy wooden chopsticks. These were ALL really good. Shumai pork dumpling, Lo mai gai (Sticky rice in a lotus leaf with some yummy pork inside), scallop dumpling (I think mine was actually shrimp? Was delicious)
Name:  05 - dim sum.jpg
Views: 1484
Size:  433.6 KB

Almost there: Ginger Honey Chicken with Egg Fried Rice, carrots, bok choy.
Name:  06 - almost there.jpg
Views: 1448
Size:  511.7 KB

Some lindt chocolate passed out just before landing:
Name:  07 - lindt.jpg
Views: 1449
Size:  355.0 KB
Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by mikehillwig
I've got BOS-LHR on a 763 coming up in two weeks in J. What's the menu like these days? I haven't crossed the pond in about six months.
Are you flying in August or September?

If it's August then here is what the menu should be, however the appetizer/soup/salad may have changed. Most cities on the east coast not being JFK or ATL share the same menu for most TATL flights.

If it's in September, it should be a totally different menu.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
iirc flights to/from LHR have slighly different (wine) choices then those to AMS
Old Aug 17, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Does anyone know what's being served up on JFK-MSP dinner flights these days? It's mainline (a 777, actually) — so it won't be only cold options.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Does anyone know what's being served up on JFK-MSP dinner flights these days? It's mainline (a 777, actually) — so it won't be only cold options.
Hard to predict what will be served in domestic first. Could be anything from a salad to a ham sandwich. It's a sub 1400 mile flight, so you're unlikely to see the fabled calzone or burger.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:57 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WWads
Hard to predict what will be served in domestic first. Could be anything from a salad to a ham sandwich. It's a sub 1400 mile flight, so you're unlikely to see the fabled calzone or burger.
Yeah, I've had such a wide range of options in this distance. I got a literal ham sandwich on BOS-ATL, cheese ravioli with chicken on ATL-MSP and crab cakes with soup on BOS-MSP. All mainline, all dinner. Hence the question. Oh well. Will find out and report back.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Alaska MVP Gold 75K
August 17, 2016
DL 615 MSP-NRT
Pre-ordered the Japanese selection; chicken and eel dishes in the main were fantastic. Cold soba noodles mid-flight, no picture of that, and the Kung Pao chicken before landing. All really great (except the noodles, which oddly had chunks of ice clumping half the noodles together, though the non-frozen bits were decent).
Flying back to the US next week via DTW - very excited for my first time on the upper deck!
Attached Images   
Old Aug 19, 2016, 4:03 am

LIH-LAX last night in F had to have been the strangest meal I've had. Wasn't expecting anything as it was a 9:01pm departure, but knew it would be odd when the flight attendant said "Would you like dinner? It looks like it might be a chicken sandwich..." Alas it was, but the chicken was barely chicken and it was covered with cheese + lots of capers and olives. People picked at it but nearly every one was almost returned half eaten. The local Hawaiian cookies were great, though.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 7:32 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
EWR -> ATL
DL 807
Departure: 0800

Already sent the tweet to DL for the FA because she was brilliant; up and about the entire flight. Despite the short flight time, choice of monte-christo sandwich or 'fruit plate'. Monte-Christo seemed very popular and looked decent. I went with the fruit plate and was surprised to see that it was more a lox plate. Salmon was actually pretty decent and went well with the capers and red onions.

Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:09 pm

ex-EWR catering seems to be better than other stations, not sure why.

I have consistently had good food ex-EWR, the Salmon plate is one of my favorites, the terminal is depressing, but that is not DELTA's fault.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.