Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N639DL
Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
SFO-MSP
12/20 afternoon flight
First Class A320

This was our first trip on the newer (I know it's not that new) A320 configurations. One word: TIGHT!. Flew this out and the 737-900 back, and all I could think about was how much I will miss the 757's as they go away.

On the plus side, this was one of the better domestic meals I've had in a long time:

BBQ Chicken and sweet potato over rice, served with a vinaigrette cole-slaw, and the typical domestic long haul fruit/cheese/crackers & dessert plate. Prior to meal service the new 4 coach snacks were offered with cocktails, and later in the flight the full F snack basket.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 30, 2016, 9:34 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
29 Dec 2016 DL 0211 DTW-SFO (dinner)

PDB: yes, although it took a while to get started because catering showed up relatively late in the boarding process so kudos to the FAs

FEBO: yes -- bad news because I was in 1D but I still got my choice of either a stuffed chicken breast or Thai-style salmon with bok choy and mushrooms. While describing the choices the FA showed us pictures of the dishes on the red tablet gizmo which I thought was a nice touch.

The salad was still frozen in parts (insert something about "iceberg lettuce" ). I had the chicken, which was merely adequate. Kinda bland (not sure I could identify any component of the stuffing) and the chicken was dry. The sauce helped somewhat. Fries were decent.

Dessert was the amaretto chocolate gelato in a cup.

Sorry for the graininess (the picture came out pretty dark, this is "auto" enhanced from the Android photo app), and the finger in the upper left corner

Name:  picsay-1483063143.jpg
Views: 2480
Size:  172.1 KB
Old Dec 30, 2016, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
29 Dec 2016 DL 0211 DTW-SFO (dinner)

PDB: yes, although it took a while to get started because catering showed up relatively late in the boarding process so kudos to the FAs

FEBO: yes -- bad news because I was in 1D but I still got my choice of either a stuffed chicken breast or Thai-style salmon with bok choy and mushrooms. While describing the choices the FA showed us pictures of the dishes on the red tablet gizmo which I thought was a nice touch.

The salad was still frozen in parts (insert something about "iceberg lettuce" ). I had the chicken, which was merely adequate. Kinda bland (not sure I could identify any component of the stuffing) and the chicken was dry. The sauce helped somewhat. Fries were decent.

Dessert was the amaretto chocolate gelato in a cup.

Sorry for the graininess (the picture came out pretty dark, this is "auto" enhanced from the Android photo app), and the finger in the upper left corner
This was the exact same meal that I had on my return MSP-SFO, except we were served chocolate ice cream. We actually liked this dish, except the roll that it was served with was hard and stale.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:59 pm

Programs: DL PM
Just getting caught up... will post my remaining 2016 posts here, and then the 2017 posts in the 2017 thread...

October 19th, 2016 JFK -> LAS, F, Dinner. Burger. Was very good!

Name:  Burger.jpg
Views: 2138
Size:  490.2 KB

October 24th, 2016 LAS -> JFK, F, Breakfast. Omelette, potatoes, sausage, bagel, fruit salad.

I didn't eat the omelette as I don't really like eggs, but I really enjoyed the potatoes and sausage!

Name:  Breakfast.jpg
Views: 2082
Size:  453.3 KB

November 21, 2016 LAX -> SYD, D1, Dinner. I got the dine and rest option, Lamb Pavé. All in all, a very disappointing meal and service. Lamb was dry/overcooked. FAs were rude, forgot to bring me silverwear twice, skipped over me for beverages ("by accident"). Disappointing menu too; one of the least memorable D1 meals I've ever had.

Anyways, Menu was BE-LAX-SYD 11/16:
Name:  Menu1.jpg
Views: 2150
Size:  740.5 KB
Name:  menu2.jpg
Views: 2008
Size:  657.6 KB
Name:  menu 3 wine.jpg
Views: 2040
Size:  749.8 KB

Lamb Pavé:
Name:  Lamb Pave.jpg
Views: 2140
Size:  422.6 KB

Breakfast (The potatoes and sausage was really good... ate them before I remembered to take a photo. Best thing of the whole meal IMO :-/):
Name:  Breakfast oops.jpg
Views: 1965
Size:  403.6 KB
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:03 am

Programs: DL PM
And last one for 2016.

12/30/2016, DTW -> DEN, F, Dinner. Options were chicken w/ ravioli or shrimp w/ corn salad. Soup was a beer something or other.. actually pretty good and unique flavor. Both of these were surprisingly good.

Chicken:
Name:  Chicken.jpg
Views: 1823
Size:  853.0 KB

Shrimp:
Name:  Shrimp.jpg
Views: 1821
Size:  521.9 KB
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:15 pm

I flew domestic F several times recently and I feel like I am noticing a lot more variety. Others?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Mods can we lock this thread to prevent further accidental posts since the information here is no longer relevant
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:34 pm

Alcohol choices in international economy

I'll be on a USA-Europe flight later this year. I've been on the Delta site but I can't find a list of wines and alcohol they serve. On UA it's pretty easy to find. I'm not expecting anything fancy, just the basics.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by zitsky
I'll be on a USA-Europe flight later this year. I've been on the Delta site but I can't find a list of wines and alcohol they serve. On UA it's pretty easy to find. I'm not expecting anything fancy, just the basics.
This link on the 2017 Meal/Food Service thread should provide the up-to-date information. It should be under "Beverages."
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerWx
This link on the 2017 Meal/Food Service thread should provide the up-to-date information. It should be under "Beverages."
Thanks much! I was looking at the wiki. Just somehow missed that section about beverages.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:24 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Thanks all for participating in this thread. Moving on.....Click http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...7-edition.html for the current 2017 meal service thread.
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator

Last edited by obscure2k; Jan 18, 2017 at 9:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.