Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N639DL
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Delta DM, Hertz Presidents Circle

Jan 1, 2016
JFK > SFO
DL 454

Delta One Transcon - Winter 2016 Menu

Completely forgot to take pictures of the food. Loved the apps - beef was OK. Red wine was great.
Attached Images      
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jblpro5
Jan 1, 2016
JFK > SFO
DL 454

Completely forgot to take pictures of the food. Loved the apps - beef was OK. Red wine was great.
I don't know about the beef because I don't eat it, but they have been serving that cedar planked salmon for several years now. Once I liked it and another time I thought it was horrible--not sure what makes the difference.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I don't know about the beef because I don't eat it, but they have been serving that cedar planked salmon for several years now. Once I liked it and another time I thought it was horrible--not sure what makes the difference.
I think it has to do with the glaze. When I last had it the salmon was cooked perfectly, but there was way too much vinegar in the glaze and the salad was too overdressed so that left a foul aftertaste
Old Jan 3, 2016, 11:49 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
ATL-JFK
757 with flat beds
Lunch

Choice of chicken and shrimp jambalaya or a cold beef dish. I don't eat seafood so I went with the beef and it was a really chincy offering. Barely 3-4 tiny slices of beef with carrotts and zucchini with a chipotle mayo sauce. Side salad and a small bowl of berries.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
ATL-JFK
757 with flat beds
Lunch

Choice of chicken and shrimp jambalaya or a cold beef dish. I don't eat seafood so I went with the beef and it was a really chincy offering. Barely 3-4 tiny slices of beef with carrotts and zucchini with a chipotle mayo sauce. Side salad and a small bowl of berries.
sounds disgusting
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
sounds disgusting
I had that same meal in September and honestly thought it was some type of catering error
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jblpro5
Jan 1, 2016
JFK > SFO
DL 454

Amusingly, the wine list sub-headings read "WHITES" and "REDS" when there's only one of each type on offer. More egregiously, the inexpensive Spanish cava is listed under "CHAMPAGNE."
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
ATL-JFK
757 with flat beds
Lunch

I don't know why Delta insists on getting cute with a flight this short. Just offer a sandwich or burger and be done with it.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Flying atl-sjo in a week or so in business aka domestic first. Do they typically offer a vegetarian option for meals on this route? I don't think they do menus, but I have had some not so great special meals and was hoping to avoid ordering one if a veg option is usually offered.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by travelchick72
Flying atl-sjo in a week or so in business aka domestic first. Do they typically offer a vegetarian option for meals on this route? I don't think they do menus, but I have had some not so great special meals and was hoping to avoid ordering one if a veg option is usually offered.
Your only way to ensure the availability of a vegetarian meal is to request a special meal. There may be a meatless pasta option or something, but you can't count on that.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:14 pm

Any idea what is served LAX -SYD on delta metal in Y?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:47 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by azdmelani
Any idea what is served LAX -SYD on delta metal in Y?
For almost all international routes, Delta will serve a choice of vegetarian pasta, chicken or a salad with grilled chicken for the main meal service. A pre arrival service will be a light breakfast or snack depending on arrival time. This is all indicated in the wiki.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:18 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by WWads
I don't know why Delta insists on getting cute with a flight this short. Just offer a sandwich or burger and be done with it.
I agree.....this "beef" dish was a joke. It really annoys me that usually on these shorter meal flights, DL makes the hot dish some seafood entree. For a cold entree option I would much prefer an entree salad.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:00 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Okay, question. Aren't all the meals (except for breakfast) supposed to have some sort of 'desert' item served? Even the pastrami sandwich on long late night flights got a cookie or something. The reason I ask is because our ATL-SLC flight on Dec 31st didn't have anything. No ice cream, no dancing deer packaged treat, nothing. Only one pass at the snack basket about an hour after dinner. This confused me, but I never really bothered to ask because the FAs were only occasionally present in F, and I didn't want to go find one just to ask. But even our very-delayed flight the week prior managed to get dessert. And that flight was originally catered for breakfast, weather held us for about 6 hours, crew told us not to expect to be recatered; lo and behold they come around about half an hour after takeoff serving us the cheese ravioli, and it had peppermint ice cream. Anyway. Was that an anomaly, that we didn't get dessert? A mixup with catering? Laziness by the cabin crew? Should I try to get compensation? (haha )
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: Delta PM
WDBD (sorry, had to!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.