Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N639DL
Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2016, 9:22 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I really wish DL would get more creative with the salad dressings in domestic FC. I'm sick of that boring and tiny balsamic bottle/dressing.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 2:08 pm

Delta 2395
7/15/2016
LGA-PBI

Full PDB on ground

Choice of Chicken Apple Sausage/Egg/Cheese breakfast sandwich or Granola cereal with Yogurt was description given.

Both came with fruit bowl (2 pieces of kiwi, Orange slice, Pineapple slice, 2 slices of Cantaloupe) and addictive mini cream cheese stuffed puffs (for lack of a better description). I guess not enough people were having the Granola cereal so they were adding the Strawberry Greek Yogurt to some of the breakfast sandwich plates as well.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nystateofmind
Delta 2395
7/15/2016
LGA-PBI

...addictive mini cream cheese stuffed puffs (for lack of a better description).
They're Bantam Bagels (they were on Shark Tank) and they're produced in Brooklyn. You can buy them online too
Old Jul 16, 2016, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
LGA-ATL 12PM
MD90
LUNCH

NO PDB
"Chicken with quinoa" (cold dish but not called out as cold)
OR
Turkey sandwich (sucks for you vegetarians)

I know what the sandwich entails so I tried the chicken dish.

I get that Delta is trying to offer healthy meals but this dish was so bland and boring. There was guacamole mixed in but this dish desperately needs some sort of yogurt sauce or spicy sauce to liven it up. It was a huge bowl of quinoa with 4 strips of ice cold chicken.....I wish Delta would get back to serving normal food....its either a gas station sandwich with chips or something awful / "healthy"

All 4 cabin crew chatted in the galley for the last 45 minutes of flight with no walk throughs for FC.....almost as pathetic as AA.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Another weird meal on Delta:

A319
Dinner
Crab cakes or
Meat plate

I'm not even a vegetarian and I find it really odd that Delta is all fish or meat domestically.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Another weird meal on Delta:

A319
Dinner
Crab cakes or
Meat plate

I'm not even a vegetarian and I find it really odd that Delta is all fish or meat domestically.
What was the meat plate?
Old Jul 17, 2016, 2:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WWads
What was the meat plate?
I guess I was supposed to make a sandwich out of this (given the flatbread on the side)?

Awesome FA up front too. I ordered a Margarita on the ground and she suggested adding a splash of OJ to it because that's how she likes it. I said sure and it made the DL Margs even better in case anyone is looking for in-flight drink tips
Old Jul 17, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I guess I was supposed to make a sandwich out of this (given the flatbread on the side)?

Awesome FA up front too. I ordered a Margarita on the ground and she suggested adding a splash of OJ to it because that's how she likes it. I said sure and it made the DL Margs even better in case anyone is looking for in-flight drink tips
I actually like that a lot. Nice job DL. ^
Old Jul 17, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Agreed! Nice presentation--I really like the idea of a charcuterie plate rather than a sandwich.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 6:31 pm
Pam

I love those little dill pickles Delta serves!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Alaska,Delta Silver
Refreshments ?

PDX-LAX RT 2 hours 20 minutes 839 miles. It says Refreshments. Delta says short flights get snack basket. Even for 6:45am departure? or search for an egg mcmuffin?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by JetstreamJ
PDX-LAX RT 2 hours 20 minutes 839 miles. It says Refreshments. Delta says short flights get snack basket. Even for 6:45am departure? or search for an egg mcmuffin?
"Refreshments" means snack basket, and the snack basket you will get, even at 6:45 a.m.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by JetstreamJ
Except for a few 'business competition' routes the distance qualifier for a plated snack is 900 miles, as noted in the Wiki.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
As the other posters have said, the threshold generally is 900 miles, with few exceptions. So, I'd start bracing for the snack basket. AFAIK the LAX SC has some decent stuff up for grabs for when you get there, but I may be wrong.

Anyhow, yeah it's probably best you get some decent meal prior.

--Random rambling starts here; keep scrolling--
I remember my leg from IAH-MSP in a old CR7, sitting in 1A, I got jealous passengers from both cabins as I ate my BBQ ribs on the plane as people were boarding. Best decision I could of made for the otherwise, freezing cold, food deprived trip home.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL PM
Flying DTW -> PVG in D1 at the end of the month. Any idea what the menu will look like? what are the options for a special meal? (Chinese? Anyone have any photos of a recent one?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.