Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N639DL
Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gooselee
Huh? There's a new Tumi kit?

ETA: NM. Found your other thread right after I posted this.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...y-cdg-phl.html
Oh yeah, sorry, I usually just copy and paste my narratives from a Facebook group, so it was obvious on FB, not so much on FT!
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:49 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
DL 1435: MSP-SAN
Equipment: MD90
Meal: Dinner

PDB's on ground; some confusion ordering the signature cocktail Southern Lemonade or whatever it is. My flt from STL-MSP the flt attendant couldn't understand what I was asking for; he kept saying we don't have sweet tea but we have vodka. Though this isn't the first time the FA's appeared to have no knowledge of the featured cocktails....anyways verdict was that it was the equivalent of drinking cough drops....and yes I did have a second.

FEBO was followed. Choice were described as salmon or beef 'short rib'. Choose the beef, I'd venture to say it was sirloin that was way overcooked but I appreciate the effort and the meal wasn't terrible.....however the overall portion was really small relative to other meals I've had on DL. And it had a rather "fishy" taste to it which might have been because of being cooked with the salmon.

Last edited by qukslvr619; Jun 29, 2016 at 12:38 pm Reason: other info
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Special Meal, Children's Meal/Breakfast

Traveling solo with my sons, 1 year old is a lap child, 2 year old has his own seat. Requested a kids meal for the Breakfast flight. Before anyone suggests it, yes I do plan on packing food for them so I'm not relying on DL to provide something they will eat. However my question is does anyone have an experience with special meals at breakfast time? Flying MSPSAN

I know he will eat the normal breakfast meal since he likes eggs etc. I'm just wondering if its even worth requesting because breakfast is pretty straight forward and its not like I'm concerned the choices will be shrimp, etc.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
If he is fine with any of the hop options that you could get (eggs, breakfast wrap, etc) then I would not worry. If he would really rather have cereal, than I would order the kids which I think will end up being a cereal, or the vegetarian. They sometimes run out of the cold cereal option (more quickly than eggs IME).
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
DL really should consider serving Graeter's ice cream (CVG)

http://www.graeters.com/

They seem to be wanting to feature local/regional 'premium' food brands, seems like something consistent with that objective and CVG still remains a hub.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
Anyone been on a transatlantic westbound (ex-Europe) "breakfast" flight lately? 9am departure. Been a long time since I was on a tatl flight leaving this early, and I seem to recall it's more like brunch. Any recent experience?
Since no one had a lot of experience here I thought I would answer my own question. Not a lot of ex-Europe flights leave at 9AM! Turned out this was a delightful flight, actually, nice range of options from breakfast to lunch.

DL270, AGP-JFK
"AGP-LIS BRUNCH (06/16)"

SETTLING IN

Smoked Salmon with Caper Onion Relish
with cream cheese and crostini

STARTERS

Seasonal Fresh Fruit

Yogurt

Breads

MAIN COURSE

Beef Tenderloin with Swiss Cheese and Caramelized Onion Omelet
with sauteed potatoes and grilled tomato

Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Breast
with tomato souffle, summer vegetable saute and chicken jus

Apple Ricotta Pecan Crepes
with pork sausage and syrup

Chilled Plate
roasted ham, bresaola, smoked turkey, deviled egg, brie cheese, smoked gouda, grilled asparagus and tomato wedge

Granola Cereal
with milk

DESSERTS

Vanilla Ice Cream Sundae

White and Milk Chocolate Mousse Gnocchi
served with dark chocolate mousse and strawberry

Selection of Fine Cheeses
white montero, blue cheese and royale morbier
offered with fresh fruit and onion jam

SNACKS

Skybreak Basket

MID-FLIGHT SNACK

Warm Chocolate Chip Cookie Service

ALMOST THERE

French Dip Roast Beef Sandwich
with mixed green salad

Mezze Plate
grilled shrimp with tomato olive topping, roasted red pepper hummus, olives, baba ganoush and stuffed dolmades served with seasonal fresh fruit

WHITES
Sokol-Blosser Evolution
Nisia Old Vines Rueda Verdejo

REDS
E. Guigal Cotes de Rhone Rouge
Ondarre Rioja Reserva

DESSERT WINE
Banfi Rosa Regale Brachetto d'Acqui
Ferreira Dona Antonia Tawny Porto

CHAMPAGNE
Jacquart Brut Mosaique

Service was lovely and unrushed; people had the flexibility to eat upon request; I saw a few people eating the beef several hours after the main meal service.

Different topic, but the 75S may not have direct aisle access, but it may now be my favorite plane. Very intimate, great for couples traveling together
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
That would be an amazing idea. As a Cincy native, it may be enough to get DL back in the city's good graces.

Never thought of it before, but next time I fly I stopping by concourse A to get some to take on the plane...
Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:44 am

I was checking my delta app for my upcoming flight on Thursday 7/7 from Tpa to lax (dl1558). I clearly remember when I booked the ticket it said there was a breakfast served. Now on the app it says no meal service. I find it hard to believe in a flight of 5+ hours there is no meal service in first. Is the app wrong? I can't imagine where I'll be able to eat breakfast before the flight since the departure time is 7am...
Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by omaralt
I was checking my delta app for my upcoming flight on Thursday 7/7 from Tpa to lax (dl1558). I clearly remember when I booked the ticket it said there was a breakfast served. Now on the app it says no meal service. I find it hard to believe in a flight of 5+ hours there is no meal service in first. Is the app wrong? I can't imagine where I'll be able to eat breakfast before the flight since the departure time is 7am...
The app is showing no meal service on both my upcoming F flights right now, even though the site showed meal service when I booked them, the flights are timed for meals, and making a new booking now for the same flights shows them with meals. Pretty sure it's just a bug with the app.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by em_attack
The app is showing no meal service on both my upcoming F flights right now, even though the site showed meal service when I booked them, the flights are timed for meals, and making a new booking now for the same flights shows them with meals. Pretty sure it's just a bug with the app.
Thanks. That's what I suspected. I tried to book my flight online but it's sold out in FC so I couldn't even do that!
Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I was checking my delta app for my upcoming flight on Thursday 7/7 from Tpa to lax (dl1558). I clearly remember when I booked the ticket it said there was a breakfast served. Now on the app it says no meal service. I find it hard to believe in a flight of 5+ hours there is no meal service in first. Is the app wrong? I can't imagine where I'll be able to eat breakfast before the flight since the departure kitime is 7am...
The columbia cafe opens at 6 and probably far better than delta f meals but def a glitch. Enjoy
Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by dopey!
The columbia cafe opens at 6 and probably far better than delta f meals but def a glitch. Enjoy
Thanks. Good to know. Is this after security? I would definitely prefer to eat before, as I want to try to sleep as much as possible
Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
PVG-DTW Chinese meal anyone?

Flying from Shanghai to Detroit in Delta One this Saturday. I am debating if I should pre-order Chinese meal? Does anyone have pictures or description of what is served for the Chinese meal?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks. Good to know. Is this after security? I would definitely prefer to eat before, as I want to try to sleep as much as possible
After security, along with the delta skyclub
Old Jul 4, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
DL 1719: MSP-LAX
Equipment: 757-300
Meal: Breakfast
Distance: 1535 miles, block time: 4h

This was the first leg of three legs of my trip to China. It was nice to have the upgrade — and the meal was good. Filling even. Service was good. Drinks were plentiful, and it's always nice to turn left and not ever have to deal with the unwashed masses back in Y.

Entree: Cheese and tomato omlet
Sides: Fresh fruit, sausage, breakfast potatoes and a sesame seed bagel
"Dessert:" Strawberry yogurt
Drink: Orange juice

Verdict: It was all quite good. There was plenty of food — a lot, even — and it was hot and fresh. I know Delta's breakfasts are boring, but I don't get them often. So it was good for me.

We also got a snack basket that had a few items in it I didn't recognize. I don't know if it was the early hour or what, but I hadn't seen the pita chips and hummus before. It was a nice way to end the flight.

Another good offering by Delta. Crew was good and food was too.
Why not fly msp nrt china?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.