Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N639DL
Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dzflyer
Why not fly msp nrt china?
$1000 cheaper.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Others have already commented on this, but wanted to share that all of my flights in my ios Delta app say "none," in meal service, including D1 SEA-AMS, so there is for sure a problem with the app. Delta.com still shows the correct meal service in the reservation.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles 1M & DM ; Hyatt Discoverist
PDX->AMS DL 178 Summer 2016 menu

DL 178
Route: PDX->AMS
Equipment: Unsure
Date: 2016-07-03
Class: Delta One
Menu: Summer 2016

I didn't get an pictures of the food (I forgot) but here's the current Summer 2016 menu eastbound on PDX->AMS.

Old Jul 10, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles 1M & DM ; Hyatt Discoverist
DL 163 AMS-MSP; 2016-07-10 in DLOne; AVML requested,but mix of AVML & standard eaten

DL 163
Route: AMS->MSP
Equipment: 767-300
Date: 2016-07-10
(Ostensible) Flight Time: 9hr 6m

I got upgraded on this flight at T-1, but to my surprise my AVML (Asian Vegetarian Meal) was processed. The purser was very nice, and allowed me to pick and choose between the default Delta One menu and my AVML. So, I'll explain below when the items are from the main menu or my AVML:

As a vegetarian, I opted out of the Asian Beef starter, and they thought they couldn't find an AVML starter for me at first, but then when my salad came, they'd found it and brought both:

I opted for the main course described on the menu rather than my AVML one. The "Sun Dried Tomato Frittata" is shown below:

The "arriving" meal I took as AVML as well. My picture of it didn't come out, but it was excelent. It was a selection of some Indian starters (pakoras and the like) and also a small Spanakopita. The latter is an odd addition to AVML, but it was good. The arrival meail also included a fruit medley.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 8:47 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by shipitfish
DL 178
Route: PDX->AMS
Equipment: Unsure
Date: 2016-07-03

I didn't get an pictures of the food (I forgot) but here's the current Summer 2016 menu eastbound on PDX->AMS.

What'd you get? I really wanna know how the BBQ Chicken tastes. Can someone elaborate? ...Anyone?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
What'd you get? I really wanna know how the BBQ Chicken tastes. Can someone elaborate? ...Anyone?
I bet it tastes like chicken
Old Jul 10, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
I bet it tastes like chicken
Perhaps like chicken with barbecue sauce? XD
Old Jul 10, 2016, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sky303
DL 20, EWR-CDG, 20 June 2016

Main Course: BBQ Seasoned Chicken with english peas, edamame, and wheatberry risotto, steamed baby carrots, and peach BBQ sauce

The chicken was pretty good. There was a pretty good kick to the sauce which I appreciated. My particular chicken was still nicely moist and it was seasoned nicely with a run-of-the-mill tasting barbecue rub. The wheatberry risotto was really nicely done--cheesy and comforting, slightly heavy. The carrots--well they're carrots. I liked it overall. A nicely composed dish. But as with most things on a plane, the chicken always runs the risk of being dried out to hell, depending on your crew and their following of the instructions accompanying the meals.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
LAX-JFK redeye question

Wiki says the LAX-JFK redeye in Delta One is a light one-course offering.

Wife is departing LAX at 10:30p this week and wonders what that might be specifically.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by arunhn
Flying from Shanghai to Detroit in Delta One this Saturday. I am debating if I should pre-order Chinese meal? Does anyone have pictures or description of what is served for the Chinese meal?
What did you end up doing/getting? I've seen other threads suggesting to just wait until on-board and selecting whichever meal sounds better on the menu, but if you're able to report what those options were, it would be much appreciated.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 8:57 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Bowgie
Wiki says the LAX-JFK redeye in Delta One is a light one-course offering.

Wife is departing LAX at 10:30p this week and wonders what that might be specifically.
I've gotten a cheeseburger with potato salad on this red-eye. Not sure if it's changed, this was probably 6-months ago.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
I like it. It's not too BBQ sweet. And the wheatberry risotto is tasty.

Had the same menu (above) AMS to JFK. Menu was printed for all AMS to US destinations. Seems like there's only a separate ("celebrity") menu to AMS on the outbound from JFK.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: DL PM
July 8th, JFK -> LAS in F: Meal options were a chicken dish or penne with tomato sauce.

I got the chicken; FA observed FEBO and started taking orders from the back.

I'd best describe it as "indian style"... had some really good flavors and was served with pita bread and rice.

Name:  Chicken.jpg
Views: 1239
Size:  464.5 KB
Old Jul 11, 2016, 11:40 pm

Programs: DL PM
July 11th, LAS -> JFK, Dinner in F. Meal options were Beef Shortrib or Salmon

The FA had photos and descriptions of the two options on her windows mobile device; first time I've seen this:

Name:  Menu.jpg
Views: 1181
Size:  318.2 KB

Not the greatest presentation, but nonetheless, very useful!

I got the short rib. Despite asking for my meal nearly an hour after everyone else was served, mine came out warm (even the rolls!), and was NOT overcooked/dried out at al. I was shocked! Hats off to the SLC-based FA; she was very friendly and on the ball!

Name:  Shortrib.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  473.9 KB
Old Jul 12, 2016, 2:46 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Flew D1 ZRH-JFK and have to say the food was delicious. Similar to that menu exiting Europe above with the Thai coconut soup but it was a custom main entree for Switzerland which offered a chef's recommendation of chicken cordon bleu.....all very good and the French dip pre-arrival meal was great too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.