Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bowgie
Delta Comfort+ FAQs
Delta Comfort+ - A New Domestic Branded Fare Product

Summary (effective November 14, 2015, for travel on or after May 16, 2016, in the U.S.50 and Canada):

No selecting C+ seats at time of booking. Eligible pax must request a C+ upgrade by checking the box in the UPGRADE REQUEST section or calling Delta. If upgrade inventory is available, DM and PM may clear after booking. If upgrade inventory is not available, you will remain in your C- seat until such time that DL either releases inventory, or it goes to the airport for gate upgrade.

GM and FO window remains the same at T-72 and T-24 hrs respectively.

Upgrades may automatically place you in any C+ seat, including middle.

F and C+ are separate checkboxes, so you can request an F upgrade without requesting a C+ upgrade. "Double upgrades" from Y to C+ followed by C+ to F are possible.

In your My Delta Preferences page there is a new box where you can choose the default setting for 1st class upgrades and C+ upgrade preferences.

Pax with a companion will be ranked for a C+ upgrade according to the highest level... ie a DM + general member companion in the same PNR will clear after booking..

Maximum of 1 companion may request a C+ upgrade. Per DL FAQ: "If you have three or more passengers in your reservation, all passengers in the reservation must have Medallion status in order for any passengers to be eligible for Delta Comfort+."

Amex Companion Cert flyers are eligible for C+ upgrades.

To "downgrade" to C- seats (exit, other preferred seats) you must call Delta.

Complimentary upgrades to C+, once on board the aircraft, are not allowed regardless of status.

C+ currently not available with corporate discounts, because C+ currently uses ticket designator /WCOM and corporate discounts also use ticket designators. A fare code can only have one ticket designator. This limitation is apparently temporary.

So far Delta is saying this does not impact upgrades to F.

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
I have two separate flights on May 16, on two separate itineraries. As a PL, I was able to choose C+ seats shortly after booking months ago, by going through the new rigamarole... Today I was notified of upgrades to F on both itineraries, at the upgrade window. So for those who were wondering if a "double upgrade" can happen, yes, it can.
Print Wikipost

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach

Which is a better hashtag?
#dontFwithmyseat
#middleseatsarenotupgrades

Too wordy?
Check Out #DoomsdayMay16 already out there!
Old May 16, 2016, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
how does MCE work on AA? Similar to DL's new policy or more in line with the old?
Originally Posted by WWads
Same as DL's old policy. Higher-tier elites get it at booking, golds at T-24.

It is considered an upsell, not a separate cabin.
AS MVPG gets AA MCE at booking (and for companion in the same PNR), which has been very helpful a couple of times in the past 6 months
Old May 16, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Widgets
If you don't want the Comfort+ middle seats, why does other people sitting in them leave a bad taste in your mouth?
So I think his point is that if a DM could have a +1 at booking then a Middle Seat is okay with a party of two. But the lone middle seats are a remnant of failed loyalty to the DM's
Old May 16, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
how does MCE work on AA? Similar to DL's new policy or more in line with the old?
I'm a AA EXP (top tier), only due to where I fly. DL was always my backup airline, pretty good experiences. Now there is zero chance I'll DL. I can fly B6 or UA and still get an extra leg room seat for a reasonable price. Why in the world would I do DL C+?
Old May 16, 2016, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WWads
The Chisholm agent I talked to said that she had gotten a ton of calls about it, and that the change is almost universally hated by the call center staff. They feel like they've been forced to bear the brunt of the negative reaction to something the higher-ups forced on everyone.

I just hope that DL comes to their senses and at the very least allows PMs and DMs to upgrade a +1 at booking. I do not see them getting rid of C+ as a separate fare class. That's here to stay, whether we like it or not.
Sadly DL mgmt has been blind to this and done this repeatedly (think when they took away the DM/PM award change rule, or when they limited pax to 3 searches for awards, etc). Sadly DL doesn't consult what would be customer friendly and instead put their own employees to face frustrated and irate customers. Mgmt never seems to care.

Originally Posted by scracer14
It blows my mind Delta stuck with no companions for DP/PM. Booked a flight for the end of the month with the +1, who has barely flown. Choice is E- and wait until T-24 to move up, or split the itin, and get one of us to a better seat for now (RUCs are waitlisted).

Currently W is wide open (at least on the seat chart), but I'm sure those will get grabbed by PM/GM/FO in the last few minutes before I can move us up.

Quick question, can companions board in PREM with a DM if not in F? I have not flown with a companion since the change where DM board in PREM (and we also weren't in F).

I suppose it would not surprise me if "For Diamond Medallion traveling with a companion, boarding zone will be determined by the lowest status on the reservation. If boarding with a no-status companion, the Diamond and companion are to board last, but before PM, GM and FO flyers, also flying with companions." #WPREMBPREM
I agree, the loss of companions was huge. I only travel with companions 3-4 times per year but every time the EC+ seating was a simple benefit.
Old May 16, 2016, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by John DELTA
Check Out #DoomsdayMay16 already out there!
Deltamageddon 2016
Old May 16, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Sadly DL mgmt has been blind to this and done this repeatedly (think when they took away the DM/PM award change rule, or when they limited pax to 3 searches for awards, etc). Sadly DL doesn't consult what would be customer friendly and instead put their own employees to face frustrated and irate customers. Mgmt never seems to care.
Yet the profits keep rolling in, load factors are great, PRSM is following general domestic trends. The profitable passengers must not be TOO irate.
Old May 16, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
just book a flight for Jun 14 and was waiting for the W upgrades, since all of my other WU cleared immediately after booking.

Check DL.com and Upgrade to Comfort Plus wasn't selected. Is that new, or just something that was a DL.com issue?
Old May 16, 2016, 10:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by carljanderson
just book a flight for Jun 14 and was waiting for the W upgrades, since all of my other WU cleared immediately after booking.

Check DL.com and Upgrade to Comfort Plus wasn't selected. Is that new, or just something that was a DL.com issue?
Oh gosh no. Thankfully Delta folks listened to the focus groups and did not by default have C+ selected by default so we can "enjoy" a middle seat that would drive most flyers to other airlines as the worst thing on earth, other than CRJ200s, is a middle seat upgrade without choice! ^^^@:-)@:-)@:-)
Old May 16, 2016, 10:11 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Flying SEA-PHX tomorrow.

Alredy checked in (I'm in Europe heading home).

I'm in W.

Upgrade thingy IS checked and confirmed with DL line.

There is no upgrade list to FC on my DL app like there always is.

Anyone else....?
Old May 16, 2016, 10:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by 355F1
Flying SEA-PHX tomorrow.

I'm in W.

Anyone else....?
Is it, by any chance, a direct flight? Meaning one flight number for the whole trip, as opposed to two connecting flights (you can still change planes and have it be a direct flight, you need to change flight numbers for it to be connecting. ) If the flight is direct and includes an international segment, you may not be able to upgrade unless someone does it manually. Either way I would call.
Old May 16, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Oh gosh no. Thankfully Delta folks listened to the focus groups and did not by default have C+ selected by default so we can "enjoy" a middle seat that would drive most flyers to other airlines as the worst thing on earth, other than CRJ200s, is a middle seat upgrade without choice! ^^^@:-)@:-)@:-)
When I purchased post 5/16 flights before today, all flights were upgraded to C+ minutes after the flights were ticketed. So it does look like they changed it today (or soon before)
Old May 17, 2016, 6:40 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
I agree, but as long as all those unhappy folks keep buying DL tickets, DL couldn't care less.
I don't know why more people don't see this.
Old May 17, 2016, 6:49 am

Programs: DL Platinum, UA Gold; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 355F1
Flying SEA-PHX tomorrow.

I'm in W.

Anyone else....?
Same problem here... Changed my ticket on 5/16 for a flight 5/17 and I can't see either upgrade list.
Old May 17, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: DL PM,
If the DL policy consistently results in my being placed in the back half of the plane, I will begin to look at SW. At least I would have a decent shot at being towards the front of the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.