Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bowgie
Delta Comfort+ FAQs
Delta Comfort+ - A New Domestic Branded Fare Product

Summary (effective November 14, 2015, for travel on or after May 16, 2016, in the U.S.50 and Canada):

No selecting C+ seats at time of booking. Eligible pax must request a C+ upgrade by checking the box in the UPGRADE REQUEST section or calling Delta. If upgrade inventory is available, DM and PM may clear after booking. If upgrade inventory is not available, you will remain in your C- seat until such time that DL either releases inventory, or it goes to the airport for gate upgrade.

GM and FO window remains the same at T-72 and T-24 hrs respectively.

Upgrades may automatically place you in any C+ seat, including middle.

F and C+ are separate checkboxes, so you can request an F upgrade without requesting a C+ upgrade. "Double upgrades" from Y to C+ followed by C+ to F are possible.

In your My Delta Preferences page there is a new box where you can choose the default setting for 1st class upgrades and C+ upgrade preferences.

Pax with a companion will be ranked for a C+ upgrade according to the highest level... ie a DM + general member companion in the same PNR will clear after booking..

Maximum of 1 companion may request a C+ upgrade. Per DL FAQ: "If you have three or more passengers in your reservation, all passengers in the reservation must have Medallion status in order for any passengers to be eligible for Delta Comfort+."

Amex Companion Cert flyers are eligible for C+ upgrades.

To "downgrade" to C- seats (exit, other preferred seats) you must call Delta.

Complimentary upgrades to C+, once on board the aircraft, are not allowed regardless of status.

C+ currently not available with corporate discounts, because C+ currently uses ticket designator /WCOM and corporate discounts also use ticket designators. A fare code can only have one ticket designator. This limitation is apparently temporary.

So far Delta is saying this does not impact upgrades to F.

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
I have two separate flights on May 16, on two separate itineraries. As a PL, I was able to choose C+ seats shortly after booking months ago, by going through the new rigamarole... Today I was notified of upgrades to F on both itineraries, at the upgrade window. So for those who were wondering if a "double upgrade" can happen, yes, it can.
Print Wikipost

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
I just booked 3 RT flights for June/July on delta.com and had to manually select the upgrade to C+ box for all three. I was given an immediate "upgrade" for two of them and allowed to select (aisle) C+. On the third flight, I'm on a single PNR with my spouse, who has no Medallion status, so I could check the upgrade box but no immediate upgrade was forthcoming. I'm not seeing that delta.com remembers your choices for the upgrade checkbox.
Old May 17, 2016, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Sucks that you will be stuck in the back on that 3rd flight because you are penalized for bringing your wife.
Old May 17, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by rylan
Sucks that you will be stuck in the back on that 3rd flight because you are penalized for bringing your wife.
I don't think Delta realizes just how big of a deal removing allowing even 1 companion is when it comes to marital bliss.
Old May 17, 2016, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Zeeb
I don't think Delta realizes or even cares just how big of a deal removing allowing even 1 companion is when it comes to marital bliss.
fixed that for you :/
Old May 17, 2016, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
My C+ seatmap for my flight tomorrow - Upgrade anyone?

Name:  CirQ1hAVAAMXt2e.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  30.3 KB
Old May 17, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
So am I correct in saying that now the already harried GAs will have to process two upgrade lists, the normal F list which will undoubtedly open up C+ seats, then the C+ list, which has the potential to be more disruptive if folks are upgraded to a crappy C+ seat from a preferred exit row?
Old May 17, 2016, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yes you are correct. I also wonder which gets processed first. F upgrade list and then C+? Are the GAs going to wait to upgrade everyone until after boarding starts?
Old May 17, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Lol Ok Delta, sure...
Attached Images  
Old May 17, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by WWads
Lol Ok Delta, sure...
The last line in the ad is patently untrue. Comfort+ is not the first to stow their bags and the first off the plane. They are "among" the first, but not the first. One can find these casual lies in many DL ads/promotional materials. And then it's no wonder when someone is unhappy when they actually aren't the first on/off, etc.
Old May 17, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Hahahahahaha

Originally Posted by wwads
lol ok delta, sure...
Old May 17, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Booked a ticket today for next week and when I click on "upgrade for delta comfort" I get an unable to process request error.
Old May 17, 2016, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
was the flight showing "C+ Upgrade Available"?
Old May 17, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
was the flight showing "C+ Upgrade Available"?
I should have written my post better. When I go to manage upgrades and click on request upgrade to C+ I get the error (upgrade to first box is already checked).
Old May 17, 2016, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if you're logged in when booking, clicking the "Check UG Availability" link above the flight number will show whether you can get a C+ seat (almost) immediately ...
Old May 17, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Just talked to another agent, who said that upgrades from purchased W fares would be based on the underlying economy fare, not YBMWS etc like another agent had told me.

I wish that DL would come out and clarify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.