Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bowgie
Delta Comfort+ FAQs
Delta Comfort+ - A New Domestic Branded Fare Product

Summary (effective November 14, 2015, for travel on or after May 16, 2016, in the U.S.50 and Canada):

No selecting C+ seats at time of booking. Eligible pax must request a C+ upgrade by checking the box in the UPGRADE REQUEST section or calling Delta. If upgrade inventory is available, DM and PM may clear after booking. If upgrade inventory is not available, you will remain in your C- seat until such time that DL either releases inventory, or it goes to the airport for gate upgrade.

GM and FO window remains the same at T-72 and T-24 hrs respectively.

Upgrades may automatically place you in any C+ seat, including middle.

F and C+ are separate checkboxes, so you can request an F upgrade without requesting a C+ upgrade. "Double upgrades" from Y to C+ followed by C+ to F are possible.

In your My Delta Preferences page there is a new box where you can choose the default setting for 1st class upgrades and C+ upgrade preferences.

Pax with a companion will be ranked for a C+ upgrade according to the highest level... ie a DM + general member companion in the same PNR will clear after booking..

Maximum of 1 companion may request a C+ upgrade. Per DL FAQ: "If you have three or more passengers in your reservation, all passengers in the reservation must have Medallion status in order for any passengers to be eligible for Delta Comfort+."

Amex Companion Cert flyers are eligible for C+ upgrades.

To "downgrade" to C- seats (exit, other preferred seats) you must call Delta.

Complimentary upgrades to C+, once on board the aircraft, are not allowed regardless of status.

C+ currently not available with corporate discounts, because C+ currently uses ticket designator /WCOM and corporate discounts also use ticket designators. A fare code can only have one ticket designator. This limitation is apparently temporary.

So far Delta is saying this does not impact upgrades to F.

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
I have two separate flights on May 16, on two separate itineraries. As a PL, I was able to choose C+ seats shortly after booking months ago, by going through the new rigamarole... Today I was notified of upgrades to F on both itineraries, at the upgrade window. So for those who were wondering if a "double upgrade" can happen, yes, it can.
Print Wikipost

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Got this email today from Delta:

Your flight between Raleigh and New York qualifies for this special offer for 20% off an upgrade to Delta Comfort+.

Upgrade your flight at delta.com by 11:59 p.m. PST on January 17th to take advantage of this deal.

This limited-time offer applies to select flights to or from Austin, Boston, Raleigh, Nashville, Seattle and Los Angeles between January 30 and May 23, 2018.
Means that RDU-LGA is down to $24.95 which isn't terrible but 13A vs. C+ on the CR9 isn't worth the extra expense.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by LBJ
You can downgrade yourself now via the seatmap.
Thanks. So assuming I stay on top of it, and I watch when my "upgrade" to C+ clears, if only middle seats are available, I can quickly grab my preferred exit or window or aisle seat in coach back assuming I'm quick enough before anyone else grabs my coach seat, right? I'm just debating whether it's worth opting in for the C+ upgrades.

Also, if I downgrade since only a middle in C+ was available, and I'm now back in coach, if a window or aisle in C+ opens up, can I still take it or have I lost my upgrade to C+ by downgrading?

Sorry if my questions are confusing. I'm just trying to get a better hang of this product, especially when traveling with others...
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by MarkP24
Thanks. So assuming I stay on top of it, and I watch when my "upgrade" to C+ clears, if only middle seats are available, I can quickly grab my preferred exit or window or aisle seat in coach back assuming I'm quick enough before anyone else grabs my coach seat, right? I'm just debating whether it's worth opting in for the C+ upgrades.

Also, if I downgrade since only a middle in C+ was available, and I'm now back in coach, if a window or aisle in C+ opens up, can I still take it or have I lost my upgrade to C+ by downgrading?

Sorry if my questions are confusing. I'm just trying to get a better hang of this product, especially when traveling with others...
In my experience you can switch back and forth between C+ and Y up until the day of departure. Once the day of departure hits you are locked out of C+ if you have elected to go back into coach. I've only done this a few times though so YMMV (I rarely get the privilege of getting upgraded to C+ as a lowly DM )
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ethernal
In my experience you can switch back and forth between C+ and Y up until the day of departure. Once the day of departure hits you are locked out of C+ if you have elected to go back into coach. I've only done this a few times though so YMMV (I rarely get the privilege of getting upgraded to C+ as a lowly DM )
Thanks. That's helpful. Lucky you!
Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Flying BWI-RDU on a CRJ-200 today with a companion. We were #1 and #2 on the "upgrade" list for two seats. Right before boarding I asked the Gate Agent about the seats and he tried to talk us out of them. He said they were bulkhead seats and we'd have less legroom. I said I wanted them anyway and he repeated this. He then said "this is why I don't upgrade people into these seats". So you're saying you don't do your job because you're deciding what people want? I prefer row 1 and I'm sure others do too, why not call people up and ask if they want them instead of universally assuming we don't?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by CMK10
Flying BWI-RDU on a CRJ-200 today with a companion. We were #1 and #2 on the "upgrade" list for two seats. Right before boarding I asked the Gate Agent about the seats and he tried to talk us out of them. He said they were bulkhead seats and we'd have less legroom. I said I wanted them anyway and he repeated this. He then said "this is why I don't upgrade people into these seats". So you're saying you don't do your job because you're deciding what people want? I prefer row 1 and I'm sure others do too, why not call people up and ask if they want them instead of universally assuming we don't?
Serious question. Have you actually sat in row 1 (1A or 1D) on the CRJ? I find them intolerable...no leg room at all. Actually worse seats than any other on that miserable aircraft.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:33 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mnbp
Serious question. Have you actually sat in row 1 (1A or 1D) on the CRJ? I find them intolerable...no leg room at all. Actually worse seats than any other on that miserable aircraft.
1B/C are among the more tolerable seats though since you can stretch one leg out.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Same thing happened to me. Was in in 3C (aisle) and C+ wentnout woth one seat open on window side. I was #1 for the UG. While the flight was short, it would’ve been nice if the GA asked me if I wanted to decline it. I don’t know whether to write to DL about this, or if I should just let it go.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp
According to my records, and I do keep notes about these things I've sat in: 1A (10 times), 1B (1 time), 1C (2 times), 1D (6 times). I prefer it to row 8 and even if I didn't, I'd prefer a gate agent to do his job rather than decide what other people prefer.
akcae likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

C+ now on "Economy shelf" for TATL/TPAC flights

Haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but C+ is no longer classed under the "Premium Economy shelf" for TATL and TPAC flights. This means when you search on Google Flights and other OTA's, C+ flights no longer shows up under Premium Economy when searching for TATL and TPAC flights and they will only present true PE products. Had wondered why Google Flights had stopped showing C+ options recently on TATL/TPAC PE searches.

https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...-shelf-fo.html
Old Jan 11, 2021, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Was told today that as Plat I cannot get the free upgrade to Comfort+ on a regular award ticket. Is that true?

(did not see in wiki)
Old Jan 11, 2021, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Was told today that as Plat I cannot get the free upgrade to Comfort+ on a regular award ticket. Is that true?
Definitely not.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 7:38 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by Boraxo

(did not see in wiki)
I guess that depends on how you define "regular award ticket". As long as you're talking about Main Cabin and not Basic Economy, you're eligible. There used to be a rule that Silvers couldn't get F upgrades on award tickets, but even that is gone now.

There's a slightly more active (not by a lot because the last post was in July) thread about C+ seating here as well: flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1275228-faq-comfort-seating.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.