Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bowgie
Delta Comfort+ FAQs
Delta Comfort+ - A New Domestic Branded Fare Product

Summary (effective November 14, 2015, for travel on or after May 16, 2016, in the U.S.50 and Canada):

No selecting C+ seats at time of booking. Eligible pax must request a C+ upgrade by checking the box in the UPGRADE REQUEST section or calling Delta. If upgrade inventory is available, DM and PM may clear after booking. If upgrade inventory is not available, you will remain in your C- seat until such time that DL either releases inventory, or it goes to the airport for gate upgrade.

GM and FO window remains the same at T-72 and T-24 hrs respectively.

Upgrades may automatically place you in any C+ seat, including middle.

F and C+ are separate checkboxes, so you can request an F upgrade without requesting a C+ upgrade. "Double upgrades" from Y to C+ followed by C+ to F are possible.

In your My Delta Preferences page there is a new box where you can choose the default setting for 1st class upgrades and C+ upgrade preferences.

Pax with a companion will be ranked for a C+ upgrade according to the highest level... ie a DM + general member companion in the same PNR will clear after booking..

Maximum of 1 companion may request a C+ upgrade. Per DL FAQ: "If you have three or more passengers in your reservation, all passengers in the reservation must have Medallion status in order for any passengers to be eligible for Delta Comfort+."

Amex Companion Cert flyers are eligible for C+ upgrades.

To "downgrade" to C- seats (exit, other preferred seats) you must call Delta.

Complimentary upgrades to C+, once on board the aircraft, are not allowed regardless of status.

C+ currently not available with corporate discounts, because C+ currently uses ticket designator /WCOM and corporate discounts also use ticket designators. A fare code can only have one ticket designator. This limitation is apparently temporary.

So far Delta is saying this does not impact upgrades to F.

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
I have two separate flights on May 16, on two separate itineraries. As a PL, I was able to choose C+ seats shortly after booking months ago, by going through the new rigamarole... Today I was notified of upgrades to F on both itineraries, at the upgrade window. So for those who were wondering if a "double upgrade" can happen, yes, it can.
Print Wikipost

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: IHG Spire
Originally Posted by WWads
Yet another datapoint in regards to upgrades to FC from purchased W fares.

Agent in SLC said that W fares would fall below M fares, but above S fares, so the order would be YBMWSHQ etc.
All I know is that FO with purchased W BIL>MSP>BDL is still at the very bottom of the upgrade list.

BIL-MSP was full, as usual. MSP>BDL I had three left side C+ seats on a mad dog all to myself, & I'm fine with it.
Old May 19, 2016, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
This all sounds so complicated
Old May 19, 2016, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
This all sounds so complicated
I'm afraid that's exactly how DL wants it.
Old May 19, 2016, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
A little back-paddling and enhancing the enhancements by DL, as reported by René here: http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...-level-counts/

Starting this fall, Medallion members traveling with one companion will clear for Complimentary Upgrades to both First Class and Delta Comfort+™ based on the status of the higher-tiered member. Diamond and Silver traveling together? Your upgrade will clear at the Diamond level, when available.
Old May 19, 2016, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by akcae
A little back-paddling and enhancing the enhancements by DL, as reported by René here: http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...-level-counts/
Looks like PM/DMs will get a +1 at booking, but only if their companion has status. The language seems to exclude non-status companions.
Old May 19, 2016, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by akcae
So does this mean if a DM is travelling with an FO on an S fare both will trump a DM travelling on a T fare for a first class upgrade at the window?
Old May 19, 2016, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
So does this mean if a DM is travelling with an FO on an S fare both will trump a DM travelling on a T fare for a first class upgrade at the window?
That's my interpretation.
Old May 19, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
It means a DM who is traveling with an FO on a X fare will trump a solo DM on a V fare. So, basically the FO gets the FC upgrade, and you, as a DM on the V fare won't get it.

This updated policy not only negatively affects me as a DM who usually travels solo, it also really devalues PM, GM, and FO chances at an UG...
Old May 19, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I have a booked W fare flight tomorrow evening out of JFK. I just checked in, and I was surprised to see that my boarding pass has SkyPriority marked on it, which means I get expedited security. Do all paid Economy Comfort fares include expedited security (I currently do not have Delta status)?
Old May 19, 2016, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Adelphos
I have a booked W fare flight tomorrow evening out of JFK. I just checked in, and I was surprised to see that my boarding pass has SkyPriority marked on it, which means I get expedited security. Do all paid Economy Comfort fares include expedited security (I currently do not have Delta status)?
So it has the Sky Priority banner on it, not just zone sky?
Old May 19, 2016, 8:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
It means a DM who is traveling with an FO on a X fare will trump a solo DM on a V fare. So, basically the FO gets the FC upgrade, and you, as a DM on the V fare won't get it.

This updated policy not only negatively affects me as a DM who usually travels solo, it also really devalues PM, GM, and FO chances at an UG...
I am almost always traveling by myself so this negatively affects me as well; nevertheless I think it is a good decision.
Old May 19, 2016, 8:53 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by WWads
So it has the Sky Priority banner on it, not just zone sky?
Yes - full red Sky Priority banner across the top. Similar to what I see on paid first class fares (I've only achieved FO on Delta in the past)
Old May 19, 2016, 9:00 pm

Yes - full red Sky Priority banner across the top. Similar to what I see on paid first class fares (I've only achieved FO on Delta in the past)
Interesting datapoint. If you plan on checking a bag, let us know if they give you a priority tag.
Old May 19, 2016, 9:08 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
C+ gets Sky Priority status, but according to the footnote #1, gets no other SP services (e.g., additional baggage allowance, lounge access, etc.): http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...fort-plus.html

Please report back and let us know if you get any other perks.
Old May 19, 2016, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
C+ gets Sky Priority status, but according to the footnote #1, gets no other SP services (e.g., additional baggage allowance, lounge access, etc.): http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...fort-plus.html

Please report back and let us know if you get any other perks.
Previously, those seated in C+ would have zone sky, but no red Sky Priority banner on the mobile boarding pass.

Its presence indicates that OP is eligible for full Sky Priority benefits, as far as the system is concerned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.