Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bowgie
Delta Comfort+ FAQs
Delta Comfort+ - A New Domestic Branded Fare Product

Summary (effective November 14, 2015, for travel on or after May 16, 2016, in the U.S.50 and Canada):

No selecting C+ seats at time of booking. Eligible pax must request a C+ upgrade by checking the box in the UPGRADE REQUEST section or calling Delta. If upgrade inventory is available, DM and PM may clear after booking. If upgrade inventory is not available, you will remain in your C- seat until such time that DL either releases inventory, or it goes to the airport for gate upgrade.

GM and FO window remains the same at T-72 and T-24 hrs respectively.

Upgrades may automatically place you in any C+ seat, including middle.

F and C+ are separate checkboxes, so you can request an F upgrade without requesting a C+ upgrade. "Double upgrades" from Y to C+ followed by C+ to F are possible.

In your My Delta Preferences page there is a new box where you can choose the default setting for 1st class upgrades and C+ upgrade preferences.

Pax with a companion will be ranked for a C+ upgrade according to the highest level... ie a DM + general member companion in the same PNR will clear after booking..

Maximum of 1 companion may request a C+ upgrade. Per DL FAQ: "If you have three or more passengers in your reservation, all passengers in the reservation must have Medallion status in order for any passengers to be eligible for Delta Comfort+."

Amex Companion Cert flyers are eligible for C+ upgrades.

To "downgrade" to C- seats (exit, other preferred seats) you must call Delta.

Complimentary upgrades to C+, once on board the aircraft, are not allowed regardless of status.

C+ currently not available with corporate discounts, because C+ currently uses ticket designator /WCOM and corporate discounts also use ticket designators. A fare code can only have one ticket designator. This limitation is apparently temporary.

So far Delta is saying this does not impact upgrades to F.

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
I have two separate flights on May 16, on two separate itineraries. As a PL, I was able to choose C+ seats shortly after booking months ago, by going through the new rigamarole... Today I was notified of upgrades to F on both itineraries, at the upgrade window. So for those who were wondering if a "double upgrade" can happen, yes, it can.
Print Wikipost

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by sethb
I've been informed that Delta's front-line employees are getting really upset over this change (and the effects it has been having on passengers and their attitudes).
I feel sorry for them once these changes go in effect if Delta doesn't backpedal on giving DM and PM's a C+ seat at time of booking.

The GA's have enough on their plate to deal with as it is. Now they are going to have to deal with people requesting a C+ window or aisle if it opens up. If I can't clear into a C+ aisle seat ahead of time and it looks like my FC upgrade won't clear I'm going to be asking the GA if they can clear me into a C+ aisle if they upgrade someone out of one of those seats into first.

The SC agents are probably going to be listening to customers complaining in Mid May as well as the FA's hearing DM's and PM's who are stuck in C- complain and they had nothing to do with this nonsense.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
I just booked a flight for tomorrow/Wednesday RT, and it was so nice to just pick my seats from the available C+ seats. I promise you, Delta, I will not be playing your enhanced C+ upgrade game next summer ...
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Really interested to see where the new W fares fall when it comes to upgrades to first class. If they fall just below Y, I could see a lot of elites, especially DMs, purchasing them to boost upgrade chances.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
Really interested to see where the new W fares fall when it comes to upgrades to first class. If they fall just below Y, I could see a lot of elites, especially DMs, purchasing them to boost upgrade chances.
But it will not really matter as the FCM would have probably filled the plane and you still paid for the buy up to C+. If you are buying up, would it not be smarter to buy up (FCM) directly. You even get extra MQM.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
If you have the freedom in your ticket purchases to purchase fares other than the cheapest fare available you're probably either buying full Y always for the flexibility or would just be buying FCM.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Zeeb
If you have the freedom in your ticket purchases to purchase fares other than the cheapest fare available you're probably either buying full Y always for the flexibility or would just be buying FCM.
I'm not a corporate traveler, so I obviously have more flexibility, and am willing to pay for FCM or first at booking if the price is right. In many cases, C+ is good enough, and I'd definitely be willing to pay for it if it significantly boosts my upgrade chances, while simultaneously being cheaper than FCM.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
In many cases, C+ is good enough, and I'd definitely be willing to pay for it if it significantly boosts my upgrade chances, while simultaneously being cheaper than FCM.
Why would it?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:50 am

Location: Just relocated to Phoenix, so I guess that does it for Delta for me
Programs: DL "Annual" GM 2MM, AA lifetime Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Club
I'd definitely be willing to pay for it if it significantly boosts my upgrade chances, while simultaneously being cheaper than FCM.
Not only does it not increase your chances of upgrading, but if you pay extra for it and then get the upgrade, you don't get your extra money back. You lose either way.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Looks like we will be returning to those silly drink coupons unless Delta decides on another "enhancement" and stops printing them.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by yogimax
Looks like we will be returning to those silly drink coupons unless Delta decides on another "enhancement" and stops printing them.
That "enhancement" has already been implemented IIRC.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
That "enhancement" has already been implemented IIRC.
There was really no need for them with the automatic ability to choose delta Comfort. I actually found four of them the other day, all with 2016 expirations.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 9:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
This is unbelievable. I found out about an event in Boston on Saturday July 9 and went to book the ticket. It didn't confirm me into C+ and I called the diamond desk and they said availability wasn't available for free C+ either way at this time and said I could either be upgrade requested or flat out pay $78 to be upgraded to C+, so the diamond desk can't force you into a C+ seat, either that or he didn't know how to.

I had looked up the same flight (DTW/BOS) on JetBlue and it was $75 cheaper than the basic economy fare on Delta and I told the agent I wasn't going to play the game of waiting around to see if I was able to get a C+ seat and risk giving up an aisle for a middle and to just cancel the reservation and I was going with JetBlue.

Jet Blue has a better coach product and provides free wifi. I'd like to know why I should pay an extra $75 to fly on Delta in regular coach when JetBlue has a better product and has similar flight times.

Before this change if a C+ aisle was available on DTW/BOS I wouldn't have even thought to look for a ticket on Jet Blue.
my sentiments exactly. I have done precisely the same thing with a nyc - pbi flight. I didn't get cleared into C+ right away so I called and cancelled it and rebooked on JetBlue. Plus you get the free wifi, you really cant beat it.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sethb
I've been informed that Delta's front-line employees are getting really upset over this change (and the effects it has been having on passengers and their attitudes).
Front-line employees are going to be far more upset in May when Delta's system automatically "upgrades" medallions into middle seats in C+, those medallions ask for their original aisle or window seats back, and the agents/FAs have to tell them that the original aisle or window seats have already been reassigned.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GatorBlues
Front-line employees are going to be far more upset in May when Delta's system automatically "upgrades" medallions into middle seats in C+, those medallions ask for their original aisle or window seats back, and the agents/FAs have to tell them that the original aisle or window seats have already been reassigned.
included this scenario in my e-mail to DL, which of course got the customary cut and paste response.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
my sentiments exactly. I have done precisely the same thing with a nyc - pbi flight. I didn't get cleared into C+ right away so I called and cancelled it and rebooked on JetBlue. Plus you get the free wifi, you really cant beat it.
I hope you are going to do what I'm doing on the flight I cancelled and went to JetBlue on and snail mail Delta along with a print out of the receipt of the cancelled Delta flight along with the copy of the JetBlue receipt so they know how much business they are losing over their pettiness.

If you've never been on Jet Blue I think you'll like it better than C- on Delta. The free wifi they give all customers (something Delta doesn't even give diamonds) is nice and I think the seating is more comfortable on JetBlue than C- on Delta.

If you are going to be using JetBlue a lot you should see if they still have the Mosaic match going on. Last year they had a promo where they were giving PM and DM's on Delta automatic Mosiac status. I can't remember if that was a promo open to everyone or if it was targeted to DTW Delta Elites when they started DTW service last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.