Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Dtw center sc had meatballs instead of the usual mac and cheese in Friday night that were pretty tasty.

Last edited by jamesteroh; Feb 6, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:48 pm

PBI yesterday had Wings with choice of BBQ, Oriental and Hot sauces. Also had different chips with salsas/dips
Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:15 am

LAX started finger sandwiches which was a nice change from the usual "salads." I hadn't seen those before. Granted, they weren't very good.

The HNL club is still an embarrassment to the brand.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: DL DM
On Sunday evening at the new SEA SC (Concourse A), they were walking around with sliders. They weren't the best sliders I have ever had, but I appreciated the effort. I had not seen that before. They also seem to be mixing up the salads and desserts there the last few times I have went. Overall the food there is usually better than the food I get in first class on the plane.

Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
The HNL club is still an embarrassment to the brand.
Hmm. I guess I did not think it was THAT terrible. I appreciated that they had some pseudo-local items (taro and sweet Hawaiian rolls, free Mai Tais, macadamia nut chocolates). The pasta and meatballs tasted like a tv dinner, but it got the job done. I was not impressed with the ambiance of the club, and the bathrooms were sad.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by nystateofmind
PBI yesterday had Wings with choice of BBQ, Oriental and Hot sauces. Also had different chips with salsas/dips
PBI has some of the best and varied spreads of food I have had in a SC. The staff is pretty nice too.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL DM MM Marriott Plat Hertz PC
PDX SC agents lately have been circling the seating area asking if they can get us a refill on our beverages. Haven't noticed that in previous years. Food is still blah.....mayonnaise with a little chicken salad and some soups...veggies..etc. staff is still excellent.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Dtw center sc had meatballs instead of the usual mac and cheese in Friday night that were pretty tasty.
I noticed that too...not bad. Filled the void between dinner and my late AMS flight. I was in the center SC from 6p-820p
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Saj8986
PDX SC agents lately have been circling the seating area asking if they can get us a refill on our beverages. Haven't noticed that in previous years. Food is still blah.....mayonnaise with a little chicken salad and some soups...veggies..etc. staff is still excellent.
I've noticed this at DCA too ^
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
MSY has grits in addition to oatmeal in the morning.

Also rotating between Gumbo (Andouille sausage. and chicken) and Jambalaya soup for the afternoon/early evening. Both are really good.

The CSR's have always been topnotch and the service side (bar and food) has had a major staff upgrade.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
MSY has grits in addition to oatmeal in the morning.

Also rotating between Gumbo (Andouille sausage. and chicken) and Jambalaya soup for the afternoon/early evening. Both are really good.

The CSR's have always been topnotch and the service side (bar and food) has had a major staff upgrade.
Only thing the MSY club is missing is pimento cheese.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:02 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
On Monday ATL E and F Sky Clubs had hot chicken, cooked mixed vegetables, and rice pilaf. Nice for a fairly substantial meal, although they could really use some full-sized, non-paper plates.

Is it just me who misses the Mac and Cheese? I loved a good bowl of that with a Bloody Mary.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by flyerslc
PBI has some of the best and varied spreads of food I have had in a SC. The staff is pretty nice too.
Agreed. The only problem I have is the size of the club. Fortunately I was able to get a seat next to the window (allowed great views of Air Force One in the distance!), but it can sometimes be difficult if there is a flight to ATL with a large number of passengers who have access to SC
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Does anyone know if VS and BA now use The Club at MCO instead of the Sky Club? Most of my flights leave in the morning but I remember in the afternoon the Sky Club could get really crowded when BA and VS had flights leaving.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Does anyone know if VS and BA now use The Club at MCO instead of the Sky Club? Most of my flights leave in the morning but I remember in the afternoon the Sky Club could get really crowded when BA and VS had flights leaving.
BA's website still lists the SC as their MCO lounge. I doubt that VS would switch, since they are a DL partner.

Is that the only instance of a non-SkyTeam/partner airline using a DL SkyClub?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Saj8986
I still find it weird that the PDX Sky Club (And the AS Board Room too) don't serve alcohol other than beer and wine.

I certainly haven't been to all the Sky Clubs, but are there others that are Beer/Wine only?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.