Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL DM MM Marriott Plat Hertz PC
Originally Posted by drjazz
Any plans to finally bring back a Sky Club to PHX??
Yes but not until 2018.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by flyerslc
Why is the chicken salad always like soup? It is so goopy that it is unappetizing.
This salad is more properly referred to as mayonnaise seasoned with just a dash of chicken.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by Renes Points

Being given out right now at main DTW club.

Started about 2pm local.

Chocolate Eclair.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by TommyD2
Being given out right now at main DTW club.

Started about 2pm local.

Chocolate Eclair.
I suppose they will be melted when I get there at 7 am tomorrow morning from GRU.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 5:09 pm

The pesto chicken salad at ATL A SkyClub yesterday was pretty good and not just by SkyClub standards. It also had the consistency of chicken salad and not mayonnaise. The quality of everything on that buffet was really good.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 4:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Nice spread at RDU last Friday. The chicken tortilla soup is really good, you can even add sour cream to it if you want (?). The pesto chicken salad was also quite good as was the egg salad. Lastly, they have a pretty decent local beer on tap that's free. Good pre-dinner this was.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
That RDU offering looks a lot like ATL, SEA, SFO, SAT, DFW, DTW..... you get my drift.

Wish they'd mix it up a bit.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by EditingFX
That RDU offering looks a lot like ATL, SEA, SFO, SAT, DFW, DTW..... you get my drift.

Wish they'd mix it up a bit.
Only wish we had a DC at SAT. UA has a UC, which is always busy. However that's in the other terminal and requires flying UA. Although once the Polaris aircraft come online I may give them a chance.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Only wish we had a DC at SAT. UA has a UC, which is always busy. However that's in the other terminal and requires flying UA. Although once the Polaris aircraft come online I may give them a chance.
Unless UA has a specific policy for SAT, UA permits lounge access so long as you have a same day ticket, doesn't even have to be UA ticket. I use the UC in PHL all the time when flying AA. DL has the same policy and I use their lounge in JAX (only show in town) even when I'm not flying with DL. But, I'll grant you: few, if any, domestic lounges are worth going to a different terminal.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Was in ATL D12 SC last night. Jesus, what an awful club that is. I don't think I had been in that one before. One restroom...to share with everyone. Went to get some soup. Sign said it was chicken tortilla...sounded good, so I got that. No. It ended up being what looked like Butternut Squash Bisque. Absolutely disgusting. #ohwell
Old Oct 26, 2016, 7:57 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
D12 is the new B10
Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Unless UA has a specific policy for SAT, UA permits lounge access so long as you have a same day ticket, doesn't even have to be UA ticket. I use the UC in PHL all the time when flying AA. DL has the same policy and I use their lounge in JAX (only show in town) even when I'm not flying with DL. But, I'll grant you: few, if any, domestic lounges are worth going to a different terminal.
I've also used the UC at LAS when flying delta with no problem. I get a couple UC passes every year in my Hyatt Diamond pack and since the UC club is near the Delta gates at LAX and I never fly United, I just use them there.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
For those curious, MEM now serves Interstate BBQ (pulled pork, slaw, rolls, and sauce) on Thursdays and Fridays. Wonderful little club with awesome agents ^
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Alaska,Delta Silver
PDX Sky Club - fare?

Please flame free for a newbie: what can we expect for a 1-2pm visit at PDX?
Or should we eat in one of several restaurants nearby on concourse. Wanting more than finger food for a much later trans-pacific flight.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Finger foods (soups, salads, cheese, crackers, mini sandwiches, etc. ) -- see picture a few posts above from the RDU lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.