Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 5:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Really good spread at ATL B25 today at 1:30 PM. Two kinds of soup including the Thai Chicken and rice, pasta salad, chicken salad, a mixed vegetable dish, pimento cheese spread with bagel chips (really good to eat it off of), salad and all the nibbles including that delicious sea salt popcorn. Made for a great lunch.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by CMK10
Really good spread at ATL B25 today at 1:30 PM. Two kinds of soup including the Thai Chicken and rice, pasta salad, chicken salad, a mixed vegetable dish, pimento cheese spread with bagel chips (really good to eat it off of), salad and all the nibbles including that delicious sea salt popcorn. Made for a great lunch.
I have often wondered if the bagel chips are made from the morning bagel leftovers.

There are good though.

And great with the pimento cheese.

Old May 26, 2016, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by KenfromDE
Went to our local Food Lion supermarket. They had a appx. 20 Campbell's Chunky soups, but no Wicked Thai Chicken and Rice. I'll try Acme next.
)

Select Acme stores have it. Campbell's web site list all store sites. Got some and had a great lunch today.
Old May 27, 2016, 7:41 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, Delta-Diamond
Soup

I am so sick of the Thai soup. I hope they bring back that wedding soup.
Old May 27, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by guller
Agreed. I am over the Thai soup. I much prefer the Kickin the Crab. Haven't seen it since last summer however.
Old May 27, 2016, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I like the Thai soup but agree they need to switch it up. I wish they would bring back the Jumbalya
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
I noticed self-serve drinks to-day in ORD; I about fell over and I was stone cold sober There was also some nice cold salads: a green arugula salad, potato salad and a pickled vegetable dish that looked decent. On a Friday afternoon, I certainly wouldn't mind some extra time in the SkyClub at ORD or DTW.
I was in the ORD club for ~3 hours today. Nice to have the self-serve bar + the salads (1 chickpea + olive, green salad, chicken salad) and staff did a good job refilling and cleaning. Didn't go over to the soups to see the selection.

Last edited by silverthief2; Jun 9, 2016 at 9:55 pm
Old Jun 10, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
On Wednesday evening, the JFK T4 Sky Club had a hot buffet with chicken cacciatore, pasta, and Swedish meatballs. There was also a cold quinoa salad.

Meanwhile, the JFK T4 Wingtips lounge (Priority Pass) had no hot food at dinner time. A surprising reversal in offerings. Nice to see DL taking initiative here, though they still have some catching up to do with the VS Clubhouses.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Last weekend:

- RDU SC: Lunch was salad, a bean and vegetable salad that I didn't eat (but my girlfriend said was great), the Thai Rice soup that IS great, chicken salad, hard boiled eggs, popcorn, two kinds of cookies and crackers and hummus. All of it made for a really good lunch.

- DTW SC: Got there at 9 PM and a lot of the food was gone. They had a mac and cheese that was honestly a step up from Kraft (and not a big step either) and they had run out of a potato soup that they didn't replace. Ended up having to get McDonalds to take on the plane with me
Old Jun 14, 2016, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Last weekend:

- RDU SC: Lunch was salad, a bean and vegetable salad that I didn't eat (but my girlfriend said was great), the Thai Rice soup that IS great, chicken salad, hard boiled eggs, popcorn, two kinds of cookies and crackers and hummus. All of it made for a really good lunch.

- DTW SC: Got there at 9 PM and a lot of the food was gone. They had a mac and cheese that was honestly a step up from Kraft (and not a big step either) and they had run out of a potato soup that they didn't replace. Ended up having to get McDonalds to take on the plane with me
The club does not close until 10:00 PM. There is no excuse for not having a fully stocked selection.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
--- the Thai Rice soup that IS great --
Oh yes ^^ I think it is called wicked Thai Chicken soup - but it does have rice in - really great flavor.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
The club does not close until 10:00 PM. There is no excuse for not having a fully stocked selection.
I agree, I was quite disappointed in fact.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I agree, I was quite disappointed in fact.
The DTW club is bad about tearing down the food selection early. I've gone in a couple times after landing from a 9ish flight to fill my to go coffee cup up and grab something light to eat and have seen most of the food offerings gone. I've also seen the same thing at LGA clubs a couple times, I've landed an hour before the clubs are to close and have gone in to wait on a friend arriving on a later flight and the food stations are torn down and the bartender is cleaning up the bar area even though they have another 45 to 60 minutes before closing.

To be fair to their staff though they are great about staying late if there is a delayed flight with a lot of people on it. They stayed until almost 1 a.m. one time when I was on a delayed DTW/LHR flight that ended up finally having a MX delay and they stayed around to issue hotel vouchers and boarding passes for the next morning flight (they had to bring in a different plane and crew from ATL).
Old Jun 15, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
To be fair to their staff though they are great about staying late if there is a delayed flight with a lot of people on it. They stayed until almost 1 a.m. one time when I was on a delayed DTW/LHR flight that ended up finally having a MX delay and they stayed around to issue hotel vouchers and boarding passes for the next morning flight (they had to bring in a different plane and crew from ATL).
Delta employees will stay late to keep clubs open until delayed flights depart, but Sodexo staff typically clock out at the regularly scheduled time.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
TPA had the wedding soup on Sunday night, June 12th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.