FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Club Food Getting Better
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:55 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by CMK10
I agree, I was quite disappointed in fact.
The DTW club is bad about tearing down the food selection early. I've gone in a couple times after landing from a 9ish flight to fill my to go coffee cup up and grab something light to eat and have seen most of the food offerings gone. I've also seen the same thing at LGA clubs a couple times, I've landed an hour before the clubs are to close and have gone in to wait on a friend arriving on a later flight and the food stations are torn down and the bartender is cleaning up the bar area even though they have another 45 to 60 minutes before closing.

To be fair to their staff though they are great about staying late if there is a delayed flight with a lot of people on it. They stayed until almost 1 a.m. one time when I was on a delayed DTW/LHR flight that ended up finally having a MX delay and they stayed around to issue hotel vouchers and boarding passes for the next morning flight (they had to bring in a different plane and crew from ATL).