Sky Club Food Getting Better

Old Jun 11, 2015, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Sky Club Food Getting Better

I haven't traveled for a little while, so maybe things got better a while ago, but I was mildly impressed by the food offerings in both my Sky Club visits yesterday.

It was hot and humid in the FLL SC yesterday morning at 5am (probably as it just opened at 4:45am), but the choice of breakfast snacks made up for it. Enough for a nice light breakfast for sure.

Last night around 5:30pm, the T gates SC at ATL had a very nice soup and other offerings.

Still a ways away from the best clubs worldwide, but a very positive move in the right direction. Still think they need flagship Delta-One clubs at a minimum in ATL and JFK for international business class customers.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 8:29 am

This has been the case since last August. And I for one find the food offerings to be a mixed bag. The soup varies and is sometimes better than others. Same story with the salads. I very much enjoyed the chicken salad as well as the couscous salad that was offered some time ago, but I was less than thrilled with the corn salad that was circulating around last year.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
The new(ish?) Thai-style chicken and rice soup is quite good, I've found.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CLEguy
The new(ish?) Thai-style chicken and rice soup is quite good, I've found.
That's the one I had !
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Although the complexity of the salad, aka Romaine lettuce with your choice of Ranch or Balsamic, is pretty pitiful. I guess you can chop up some of the carrot and celery sticks to add in yourself...

I'm glad they have some snacks, and I hope they are getting positive feedback to adjust accordingly!
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
I concur with the posters above, in that the SC offerings sometimes can be a hit or miss. I loved their cranberry chicken salad, and although it has been removed from a majority of the SC's, I believe on some occasions you can still find it in some SC's/ Same with the soup-I loved the lentil soup they had.

That said, considering I take the T-CON JFK-LAX almost every month, I believe that they are doing something really awesome for their D1 pax. Way to go DL.

If mods/FT'ers want, this can be made into a thread and D1 pax can post their SC meal experiences on T-CONs.

Menu and pic of the dish I had (Tofu):

IMG_5170 by AvidFlyer1990, on Flickr

IMG_5169 by AvidFlyer1990, on Flickr

IMG_5181 by AvidFlyer1990, on Flickr
jaimemayo likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I wish that they would add kitchens to other major lounges, so that real food could be served. I get having to charge for some things, but they should still be able to do some hot options other than soup.

I like the idea of giving Delta One customers free premium drinks and meals in the lounges. Ideally, Delta should do what AA has done and offer a separate lounge for premium route customers.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
I concur with the posters above, in that the SC offerings sometimes can be a hit or miss. I loved their cranberry chicken salad, and although it has been removed from a majority of the SC's, I believe on some occasions you can still find it in some SC's/ Same with the soup-I loved the lentil soup they had.

That said, considering I take the T-CON JFK-LAX almost every month, I believe that they are doing something really awesome for their D1 pax. Way to go DL.

Menu and pic of the dish I had (Tofu):

IMG_5170 by AvidFlyer1990, on Flickr

IMG_5169 by AvidFlyer1990, on Flickr

IMG_5181 by AvidFlyer1990, on Flickr
That's a nice looking snack.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
That's a nice looking snack.
Even served on the same trays as on-board!
Old Jun 11, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: delta dm
Skyclub food nothing to write home about but at least it's something
Old Jun 11, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Even served on the same trays as on-board!
Yeeppp....they sure were! I believe that they were trying to create a streamline experience of what you can expect on-board (giving a little taste of what's to come in the air, when you're on the ground)!

Originally Posted by dzflyer
Skyclub food nothing to write home about but at least it's something
Yes, the point is, that DL is trying to improve SC offerings, food-wise. Especially rolling out the full meals for premium TCON pax at JFK T4 SC, is much appreciated. I wish that they expanded this to atleast all the SC's that serve international D1 pax.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Yeeppp....they sure were! I believe that they were trying to create a streamline experience of what you can expect on-board (giving a little taste of what's to come in the air, when you're on the ground)!
Honestly a large tapas/sampler plate like pictured above would be great for late-night departures where people want something quick and efficient. Offering choice is good but for a late night flight quick and easy service is my preference. I know HA does a small plates style service with something like eight selections where you choose 2-3, B6 does this for Mint as well, and VX had something like this when they first launched (haven't seen it in trip reports recently so not sure).
Old Jun 11, 2015, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
It would be great if Delta offered a full meal in the SC, in exchange for declining meal service on the plane. This would be good for shorter Delta One flights (like JFK-LHR), or for business travelers who want to immediately get to sleep. The meal would obviously have to be superior to the one offered on the plane, however.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 12:24 pm

Programs: DM/3MM

Yes, the point is, that DL is trying to improve SC offerings, food-wise. Especially rolling out the full meals for premium TCON pax at JFK T4 SC, is much appreciated. I wish that they expanded this to atleast all the SC's that serve international D1 pax.
I think it's great that they are trying to do something for D1 pax. But I (and others traveling with me) were fairly underwhelmed by the new D1 SC complimentary light food offer. It was fairly tasteless and seemed to need a bit of salt. We could have caught them on a bad day though.

The free drink was nice but still a bit confusing as to what you can choose. I asked what was available, and was asked "what would you like"? Then went through drink after drink and was told each had a surcharge. It might be better if they could just say what's actually included.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Especially rolling out the full meals for premium TCON pax at JFK T4 SC, is much appreciated. I wish that they expanded this to atleast all the SC's that serve international D1 pax.
It has already expanded to ATL E and F, and more Sky Clubs will be included in the near term.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.