Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'd just like a reliable return of the cheese for a quick and relatively high protein and high calcium little snack.
I'd love the fake cheese thread to come back.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Sitting in LGA D club right now with the usual spread laid out, but also SC staff is walking around hand-passing hors d'ouvres (probably spelled that wrong).

Got some sort of turkey/cranberry thing and then an actual lobster claw chunk on a crispy thing. Looked like there were a couple other options, and she said there was "a bunch more in the back, so please eat up!"

The food itself was quite good, actually!
Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was very happy with the spread at JFK T2 earlier this week, the chicken chili with beans soup was excellent and they had dinner rolls, salad, chicken salad, vegetables, hummus, two kinds of cookies and a bunch of other snacks. It ended up making for a filling lunch.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I am at the LGA C/D Sky Club and I just sampled the Jambalaya for the first time and I enjoyed it enough to go back for seconds. It goes well with the Provence Rose on the Premium bar menu.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL MM, UA Global Services, AA Platinum
Perhaps I simply didn't notice before, but the club staff is passing around appetizers in LGA's C club. Looks to be a tomato-based one in addition to a small wrap of sorts.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by kishkash
Perhaps I simply didn't notice before, but the club staff is passing around appetizers in LGA's C club. Looks to be a tomato-based one in addition to a small wrap of sorts.
I stopped in the D club a little after that, and they weren't. So I went home.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
There were mini croissants at ATL earlier this week. They were actually surprisingly tasty, better than the ones lower chain hotels often have in their breakfasts.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM / DM, Avis First, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Was in the JFK Sky Club today. They had hot food -- chicken fajitas, spanish rice and pinto beans, grilled onions and peppers, and round tortilla chips. Also had jalapeños, cilantro, pickled onions, pico de gallo, and a nice mild corn salsa.

Nice spread - made a solid lunch. All of the other "stuff" was there as well. Two soups, the chicken cranberry salad, couscous, etc.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by scm53
Was in the JFK Sky Club today. They had hot food -- chicken fajitas, spanish rice and pinto beans, grilled onions and peppers, and round tortilla chips. Also had jalapeños, cilantro, pickled onions, pico de gallo, and a nice mild corn salsa.

Nice spread - made a solid lunch. All of the other "stuff" was there as well. Two soups, the chicken cranberry salad, couscous, etc.
The T4 Sky Club had that last Sunday. The T2 Sky Club didn't. (I was trying to SDS so I was stuck in the airport most of the day.)
Old Oct 25, 2015, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL PM .4MM, UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
JFK T2 yesterday afternoon just had the soups. T4 had fajita bar, two soups, plus the pay menu. Skydeck was open and not too chilly so I had a few cocktails and some butternut squash soup while doing reports. I still like the ATL one better. Great sunsets, plus now they've had cheap pasta lately.

Breakfasts (at least at ATL E/F) have had chocolate and regular croissants, muffins, etc. plus biscuits and (turkey) gravy or other hot dishes.

SEA, on the other hand, took 10 minutes of standing at the bar for someone to even come out of the back. There were maybe 10 people in the club at about 9-10 pm but one soup, a bunch of salads/cold apps, and some mini-cheesecake things.

I'm liking these changes, except I'd kill to get some boring crackers instead of the ancient grain crap. Now that I can get cheese slices again I need a Ritz.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I was in ATL B10 just before the change from breakfast to lunch and there was nothing like biscuits and gravy. I landed at E and would have headed that way for something like that.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by Xeno
I was in ATL B10 just before the change from breakfast to lunch and there was nothing like biscuits and gravy. I landed at E and would have headed that way for something like that.
I was impressed with the biscuits and gravy at the E SkyClub last week. Biscuits were actually good.

Since I have a lot of morning flights I'm happy to see the overall breakfast improvements across the system.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 6:24 pm

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
Originally Posted by Xeno
That ATL B-10 Club doesn't have room for members, let alone room for anything more than the basic food assortment. Think only one kind of soup, etc. I was there last week, only because my departure gate happened to be B-12, otherwise I avoid that Club when possible.

The good news is that signs are promising a "new and larger B-Concourse Sky Club" in the middle of the Concourse, to open sometime next summer. Somewhere, maybe here on FT, I read that the new Club will have hot meals for sale like at JFK T-4.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:08 pm

I was at SFO last night and I was very impressed with the food offerings in the new SC. There was butternut squash soup and the Thai chicken soup, three different salads, cheese, crackers, olives, breads, and mini cheesecake bites. Even better is the fact that they have real plates and utensils. The SC also has food for purchase, I ordered the beef pho which made for a very nice meal before my redeye flight.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
At ORD today they had Garrett's popcorn and Eli's cheesecake bites, was pretty cool having some famous local food, I wish other Skyclubs would have local food

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.