Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2015, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by CMK10
Had Thai Chicken Soup at the ATL D12 SC this week that was really really tasty. Best SC soup I've had so far.
The Thai soup is really good. It is even better if you are at a self service bar sky club like detoit and as a dash or two of Tabasco sauce into it or ask the bartender to add a drop or two. I did that when they had gumbo as well
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:59 pm

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Cool

I have 3 hours at ATL tomorrow. Which SC would you suggest? I'm looking for the biggest spread!
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:27 am

Programs: Formally TPAbound/Delta Diamond 1MM/Hilton Diamond/Marriott Silver/Priority Club Gold
Since you have 3 hours....definitely take the tram to F Concourse and enjoy the huge Skyclub. Not sure what the weather will be like; however, there's a great outdoor patio to enjoy as well.

Have fun!
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
A friend of mine I was meeting in ATL two weeks ago had his flight delayed by two hours so I went over to the F club I really liked the meatballs and the pasta they had. You can definitely make a meal from their offerings.

I miss the freestyle coke machine in the A-17 club, I wish they wouldn't have removed that.

I have an international connection at ATL Saturday and it looks like the last couple days that flight has left from the E gates. Does the E club have the same expanded choices as F or is the E club like the other ATL clubs?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I have an international connection at ATL Saturday and it looks like the last couple days that flight has left from the E gates. Does the E club have the same expanded choices as F or is the E club like the other ATL clubs?
I haven't been over to F to check out the spread but the E club had the pasta and meatballs during the same time frame so I think they have similar offerings.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
A friend of mine I was meeting in ATL two weeks ago had his flight delayed by two hours so I went over to the F club I really liked the meatballs and the pasta they had. You can definitely make a meal from their offerings.

I miss the freestyle coke machine in the A-17 club, I wish they wouldn't have removed that.

I had a long layover at ATL on Thanksgiving Day and I started with F then went to E for my flight to FCO but the food was the same in both lounges. I wanted to start with F so I could use to quiet room.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
expanded food optionst at DTW?

Planning on an international trip next year with a long layover in either DTW or ATL (TATL).

Does anyone know if the SC in DTW has the expanded food offerings we're seeing in ATL F & JFK T4?? I'll be paying $29 to access the SC so I'd like to get the expanded food offering (assuming it's still around come July 2016).

Thx
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by mridley2
Planning on an international trip next year with a long layover in either DTW or ATL (TATL).

Does anyone know if the SC in DTW has the expanded food offerings we're seeing in ATL F & JFK T4?? I'll be paying $29 to access the SC so I'd like to get the expanded food offering (assuming it's still around come July 2016).

Thx
I was at the main SC in DTW last week at about 7:00 p.m. They had the Thai chicken soup, the butternut squash soup, cold pasta salad, cold chicken salad, and the usual assortment of crackers, cheese spread, cookies, etc. The soups were pretty good and you could make a decent light meal out of it if you wanted. But there were no meatballs, mini-sandwiches or Mexican food as people have reported at other locations; at least not when I was there.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: Delta Silver
Sky Club Food Getting Better
And Leon's getting larrrrrrrrger!

Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:41 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
That said, considering I take the T-CON JFK-LAX almost every month, I believe that they are doing something really awesome for their D1 pax. Way to go DL.

Menu and pic of the dish I had (Tofu):
Did you get the meal voucher when you entered the lounge? Do all transcon D1 pax get a free meal or is it only for select flights (e.g. late night departures)?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:30 pm

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by babe11
Since you have 3 hours....definitely take the tram to F Concourse and enjoy the huge Skyclub. Not sure what the weather will be like; however, there's a great outdoor patio to enjoy as well.

Have fun!
Great idea! Thank you.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by KevinDTW
I was at the main SC in DTW last week at about 7:00 p.m. They had the Thai chicken soup, the butternut squash soup, cold pasta salad, cold chicken salad, and the usual assortment of crackers, cheese spread, cookies, etc. The soups were pretty good and you could make a decent light meal out of it if you wanted. But there were no meatballs, mini-sandwiches or Mexican food as people have reported at other locations; at least not when I was there.
OK. I think this assortment is standard at all sky clubs.

The expanded offerings at JFK/ATL have more options.

ATL had Chicken w/ mushrooms, roasted squash, wild rice, etc the last time I was there.

JFK had Mexican in October.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL Plat, PC Spire, Amex Reserve, Hilton Gold
Tuna back for the holidays

Originally Posted by Zorak
I still like all the soups, but the chicken salad is getting really boring...
Saw in PHL and ATL earlier today. Hope you get to taste before it turns back to chicken!
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:43 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Steven NH/BOS
Saw in PHL and ATL earlier today. Hope you get to taste before it turns back to chicken!
I've seen that before, actually, but I'm not a big fan of tuna salad.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by ajs123
Did you get the meal voucher when you entered the lounge? Do all transcon D1 pax get a free meal or is it only for select flights (e.g. late night departures)?
Prior to the SFO-JFK red-eye, I didn't get anything special.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.