Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2016, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by CMK10
Nice to see Delta is getting some new bagel varieties. Last week I saw egg and asiago cheese bagels at RDU and MSP
Those aren't bagels. They're oddly-flavored bread doughnuts.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by sethb
Those aren't bagels. They're oddly-flavored bread doughnuts.
^
+1
Old Mar 26, 2016, 7:44 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Was just at LGA-C yesterday and can confirm SkyClubs are much better than Admirals Clubs both in food and comp booze offering.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
I looked for this thread. Indeed, good improvements @SFO and @LAX. In both I got stuck with IRROPS and was pleased to find out I can enjoy a healthy meal
Old Mar 26, 2016, 9:12 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
SkyClubs are much better in food and comp booze offering.
Now THERE'Z sumthin' ya don't see every day!!!

Old Mar 26, 2016, 11:17 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by davetravels
Now THERE'Z sumthin' ya don't see every day!!!

Skyclubs have halfway decent well drinks, at an Admirals Club the free booze is cheap beer or swill wine and the free alcohol at a United Club doubles as an effective chrome stripper.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
The Thai Chicken Rice Soup has been good across the board; I've had it at several SC over the last few months. Have yet to find the Mac-n-Cheese
Old Mar 26, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by In2ishn
The Thai Chicken Rice Soup has been good across the board; I've had it at several SC over the last few months. Have yet to find the Mac-n-Cheese
I saw the mac-n-cheese in LAX the other day. Since I don't generally consider mac-n-cheese to be food, I didn't try it.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 2:12 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Howste
Since I don't generally consider mac-n-cheese to be food, I didn't try it.
Perhaps, if we could see the label, we'd know if it was mac-n-cheese

OR

Macaroni and pasteurized processed cheese food product spread.

Old Mar 26, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by davetravels
Perhaps, if we could see the label, we'd know if it was mac-n-cheese

OR

Macaroni and pasteurized processed cheese food product spread.

The well-known brand name "Kraft Dinner" referred to in another thread recently is a possible option.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Also while at LGA-C there was a person that came out with hand delivered hors d'oeuvres which is a really nice touch. It was a crostini with peas and something else on top. Is this normal at SkyClubs in the afternoon or evening? Was impressing.

Another small thing I like is the fresh salt and pepper shakers so you can add freshly ground pepper to something like the chicken salad.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Also while at LGA-C there was a person that came out with hand delivered hors d'oeuvres which is a really nice touch. It was a crostini with peas and something else on top. Is this normal at SkyClubs in the afternoon or evening? Was impressing.
Not normal yet. The group running Sky Clubs likes to experiment with various initiatives in a few clubs and see whether customer survey scores in those clubs change as a result.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by Howste
I saw the mac-n-cheese in LAX the other day. Since I don't generally consider mac-n-cheese to be food, I didn't try it.
I tried the mac and cheese last week in DTW. Wasn't good -- mushy overcooked pasta and thin cheese sauce with an odd grainy texture. I stuck with the Thai soup.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by CMK10
Skyclubs have halfway decent well drinks, at an Admirals Club the free booze is cheap beer or swill wine and the free alcohol at a United Club doubles as an effective chrome stripper.
I'm still in shock that the SkyClub near A38 in DTW has self-serve booze. Haven't seen that on this side of the Atlantic or Pacific for quite sometime. Makes me think I should connect through there instead of ATL.

While the ACs in BOS have improved of late (snack-wise), the comp wine is something Carlo Rossi himself would be loathe to affix his name to. Still yet to be disappointed since making the switch over to DL two months ago.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 3:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
I'm still in shock that the SkyClub near A38 in DTW has self-serve booze. Haven't seen that on this side of the Atlantic or Pacific for quite sometime. Makes me think I should connect through there instead of ATL.
Self service booze remains at a few of the ex-Northwest Clubs. MSP has it as does ORD and probably some others I don't know about. Sure is nicer, isn't it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.