Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2022, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Was pretty impressed with the food at ATL B last night. I usually avoid this club like the plague, but I had to walk past it to get to my connecting gate. It was absurdly busy and hard to find a seat.

They had a lemon-something chicken that was delicious, flavorful and not dry. Pesto pasta. A pasta salad labeled as 'green goddess salad' which was pasta, green peas, halved cherry tomatoes in a pesto sauce. They also had chicken with pesto (I guess their vendor had a sale on pesto this week ) on the salad bar that when put with the pasta salad was a great combo. A solid dinner overall between two non meal flights.

Over at ATL T they had a BBQ spiced chicken which was alright, but pretty dry. May have just been the late hour (9pm ish).
Old Nov 16, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by charlesdemar
Anyone fly through ATL in the past couple of weeks who can share what was being served at the clubs (likely I'll be at A or B)? I have a 50 min connection over dinner time on Thursday evening so wondering if I should even go in or just hit one of the fast food places. TIA!
Breakfast in A (upstairs) hasn't been bad - they keep everything fresh (generally) and turned (i.e. move stuff around).
There is also semi-grab-and-go pastries, even though it's frowned upon.
As a proxy for dinner, they are taking extra care to keep it moving - the potato bar and chicken and stuff are common, as is pasta and loaded/flavorful soups i.e. nacho soup.
AeRoSpaceman and dmarge18 like this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 3:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
For the first time since the JFK Centurion Lounge opened, I found better choices at the SkyClub.

I usually stop by the CL as it is right past TSA and if I like what they have, I stay there until close to departure. This past Monday, the CL menu didn’t look appealing so went to the Skyclub as my flight was leaving from B33, and to my surprise, the lunch selection was amazing.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old May 11, 2023, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I went to the ATL A terminal center-court club last Sunday hoping to grab a late breakfast. Admittedly, at 10:30 AM, I was expecting too much. Most of the offerings were depleted, but staff had not begun clearing out the breakfast items and bringing out lunch.

I decided that I would settle for a bowl of grits. But, in spite of warm grits and a selection of pastries still being available, there was no butter available. I asked one of the I'm-just-here-putting-in-my-time contract employees if there was any butter available and I was told that there was none. I then asked a DL employee and was told that they had run out of butter the previous Friday.

I asked why they could not obtain butter from one of the other 8 clubs at ATL, and was told that each terminal at ATL was run as a separate "station" (I assume this meant profit center) and this limited a club in one terminal from acquiring supplies from another club in a different terminal.

Really!?!?!

The DL employee told me that, if moved to the club at A19, they were likely to have butter. This left the obvious question: Even if that club could not obtain butter from another club in a different terminal, and if the DL employee was so confident that A19 would have butter, why couldn't the A center-court club obtain butter from the A19 club?

This is a small matter in the universal scheme of things, and I am no doubt healthier forgoing the butter**, but it does reinforce reservations about DL's lessening focus on customer service.

** I offset the health effect of forgoing the butter when I found pimento cheese salad in the B club. Pimento cheese salad -- one of the few good reasons for visiting the SkyClub food bar.
Old May 11, 2023, 1:02 pm

Programs: Delta PM
AUS is my favorite. Usually some TexMex food - tacos, tortilla soup, etc. And high quality stuff. JFK with their shrimp is always nice.
Old May 11, 2023, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by SDQBound
For the first time since the JFK Centurion Lounge opened, I found better choices at the SkyClub.

I usually stop by the CL as it is right past TSA and if I like what they have, I stay there until close to departure. This past Monday, the CL menu didn’t look appealing so went to the Skyclub as my flight was leaving from B33, and to my surprise, the lunch selection was amazing.
Even with a brand new Centurion at SEA, the breakfast offerings in the SkyClub have been superior. More veg/vegan options and lots more continental choices too. However since SEA has a barista I get a coffee to go then head to SkyClub for the rest of breakfast.
Old May 11, 2023, 7:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by freshmargs
Even with a brand new Centurion at SEA, the breakfast offerings in the SkyClub have been superior. More veg/vegan options and lots more continental choices too. However since SEA has a barista I get a coffee to go then head to SkyClub for the rest of breakfast.
Not my experience at SEA a few weeks ago. The SkyClub breakfast offering left a lot to be desired, while the Centurion Lounge had much more variety and better. Coffee was indeed great.
Old May 11, 2023, 9:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
The BOS Gates 1-11 Sky Club had this extremely moist, cinnamon flavored cake that was out of this world on Tuesday 5/9.
Old May 11, 2023, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by realworld
AUS is my favorite. Usually some TexMex food - tacos, tortilla soup, etc. And high quality stuff. JFK with their shrimp is always nice.
This past sunday evening at LAX club they put out a big platter of shrimp cocktail. The first platter went fast, BUT they had a refill at the ready. Pretty good shrimp but not the best i've ever had.
btw, taco bar at LAX ends at 7PM. luckily we arrived in time to grab tacos at 6:45.. they were out of salsa but... we'll live.
Old May 12, 2023, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Crawfish etouffe in the MSY club this afternoon.

Oh. My. God! I thought I’d died and gone to heaven!
ijgordon, dcadwell and hhdl like this.

Last edited by kale73; May 12, 2023 at 9:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.