Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by bubbashow
Wicked Thai Chicken soup right now in HNL. I'm soooooo glad DL limited guests. Sky clubs are tolerable now. An example of raise the price and make it better!
Or was it more a function of being a Saturday during a holiday?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by CalVol
Or was it more a function of being a Saturday during a holiday?
I vote the latter due to most recent experiences.... the D SC dungeon club was standing room only last week...
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I really like the spreadable Pimento cheese they have at ATL, it goes great on the rolls.

Also, I was at the E Concourse SC last week and they had some excellent food out: penne pasta with red sauce and chicken with mushrooms to go along with the usual hot spread ^
Old Feb 25, 2016, 6:45 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Sky club yogurt downgrade

Anyone else notice this month that chobani yogurt has been replaced by a lower grade Upstate Farms Greek yogurt? I observed the downgrade at multiple sky clubs.

I'm sure I'm not the only one disappointed in this apparent downgrade since I eat more breakfasts at Sky clubs than my own home. Even AA's admirals clubs still have Chobani.....
Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
the aura at SFO SC today is decidedly from across the Pacific: Wicked Thai Chicken soup, Asian chicken salad, Asian noodle salad
Old Feb 25, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
Anyone else notice this month that chobani yogurt has been replaced by a lower grade Upstate Farms Greek yogurt? I observed the downgrade at multiple sky clubs.

I'm sure I'm not the only one disappointed in this apparent downgrade since I eat more breakfasts at Sky clubs than my own home. Even AA's admirals clubs still have Chobani.....
There was an entire thread about it: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ni-yogurt.html
Old Feb 25, 2016, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jrl767
the aura at SFO SC today is decidedly from across the Pacific: Wicked Thai Chicken soup, Asian chicken salad, Asian noodle salad
Was there a sign "Since we don't fly there from here anymore, we know you won't be eating this at your final destination" ?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: DL PM; SPG Platinum; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Diamond; UA Silver
2/19 from ATL Concourse E.
Upper Left: the famous Thai Chicken Soup
Upper Right: the Moroccan Veggie Soup
Lower: Pasta, White Cheddar Grits, Mushroom Chicken (cooked to perfection)

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  508.1 KB
Old Feb 27, 2016, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by sqg13
2/19 from ATL Concourse E.
Upper Left: the famous Thai Chicken Soup
Upper Right: the Moroccan Veggie Soup
Lower: Pasta, White Cheddar Grits, Mushroom Chicken (cooked to perfection)

Attachment 2685
Outstanding ^^ - I should get to sample next month - next weekend I am going through JFK to use a GUC not ATL E/F.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by sqg13
Mushroom Chicken (cooked to perfection)

Attachment 2685
When you say cooked to perfection, do you mean slightly unnaturally soft and moist?

It looks just like the chicken they had been serving in E, but with a sauce on it, and that stuff was obviously not properly cooked real chicken breast, but a simulated chicken breast that doesn't get tough/dry (Sysco ServeSmart type product).

The new E club menu is a bucatini in a rather tasty but slightly gritty cheese sauce, tortellini in marinara, and turkey meatballs. It's a shame nobody has come up with pasta which would remain al dente while being held hot...

The meatballs go really well in the tomato basil soup btw.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 4:35 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mother-
a simulated chicken breast
Heavens to Betsy!

I just did a "LOL" trying to picture what a simulated chicken looks like!
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL PM; SPG Platinum; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Diamond; UA Silver
Originally Posted by mother-
When you say cooked to perfection, do you mean slightly unnaturally soft and moist?

It looks just like the chicken they had been serving in E, but with a sauce on it, and that stuff was obviously not properly cooked real chicken breast, but a simulated chicken breast that doesn't get tough/dry (Sysco ServeSmart type product).
Hmm... It did taste different than the BBQ chicken that they serve in SC.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 2:02 am

After not having a membership for ?3? years decided in February to signup again and shocked at how many additional food options are now available at SCs. Especially like the additional breakfast items that have been added including cereal (but where's the Frosted Flakes !?!).
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:34 pm

I noticed Mac n Cheese showing up in different SC's. Brings out the kid in me.
Mixed it with a little of the Wicked Thai Chicken soup. Yum.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 5:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Nice to see Delta is getting some new bagel varieties. Last week I saw egg and asiago cheese bagels at RDU and MSP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.