Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Deleted....wrong thread

Last edited by AANYC1981; Dec 2, 2016 at 12:51 pm
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by JetstreamJ
Please flame free for a newbie: what can we expect for a 1-2pm visit at PDX?
Or should we eat in one of several restaurants nearby on concourse. Wanting more than finger food for a much later trans-pacific flight.
I was there recently and found it to be slim pickings relative to most other skyclubs. This was around 11AM, so perhaps the lunch options weren't out yet, but the food service area is quite small. I think I just ate a couple boiled eggs. Unfortunately, I'm not too enamored with the restaurant offerings at PDX, either - shame for such a great restaurant town. I'll probably pack a lunch next time I'm flying out of there.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 3:12 pm

SFO's choice of pho, burgers, vegetarian chile, pasta and salads is simply outstanding.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
People weren't kidding about the F/G club at MSP. A messy spread of prepackaged snacks, and random liquor bottles scattered about.

I know they're renovating, but I didn't think that SC could get any worse.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by WWads
People weren't kidding about the F/G club at MSP. A messy spread of prepackaged snacks, and random liquor bottles scattered about.

Casually eats bacon and breakfast burrito in the escape lounge.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Casually eats bacon and breakfast burrito in the escape lounge.
I stopped by there first. The food spread was half empty, and the hot option was old looking roast beef sliders.

I'm sick, so I'm in a bad mood, but I don't think I'm exaggerating. Food on my flight isn't much better (see my most recent post in the food/beverage thread).
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:17 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First

Was just there....my feelings...meh. I do like being able to take water bottles with you or soda etc.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
What's going on with the Newark SC? They used to have a decent SC that had plenty of work areas.

Landed there Friday morning and went in to use the restrooms and fill my coffee cup up and it was moved and is now called "delta hospitality suite". No restrooms and only some prepackaged food with a tiny bar about the size of a podium. None of the regular food and didn't look like there were any work areas or many places to sit.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
What's going on with the Newark SC? They used to have a decent SC that had plenty of work areas.

Landed there Friday morning and went in to use the restrooms and fill my coffee cup up and it was moved and is now called "delta hospitality suite". No restrooms and only some prepackaged food with a tiny bar about the size of a podium. None of the regular food and didn't look like there were any work areas or many places to sit.
Maybe they started the much needed renovations.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was at the new B Concourse SC in ATL last weekend and they had a couple nice touches with breakfast. They had mini vegetable frittatas which were delicious and a selection of good cream cheeses. A plain one, a veggie one and a pumpkin cream cheese instead of just the prepackaged stuff I find in outstations.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:05 pm

I stopped by there first. The food spread was half empty, and the hot option was old looking roast beef sliders.

I'm sick, so I'm in a bad mood, but I don't think I'm exaggerating. Food on my flight isn't much better (see my most recent post in the food/beverage thread).
Their hot food can be lacking in freshness at times, but overall, they have a better spread than the SkyClubs, a better view, less crowded, and arguably better beverages, both alcoholic and non.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by mnCO
Their hot food can be lacking in freshness at times, but overall, they have a better spread than the SkyClubs, a better view, less crowded, and arguably better beverages, both alcoholic and non.
Yeah, I was lucky. I got their at 5AM (and TBH, I hoarded the bacon).

Then a cook came out and noticed..

His response: "You love bacon, don't you. Let me get you some fresh bacon"

Walks out a little later and fills the food station.

Me: (Thinks to self: LOL ^, I love this place)
Old Dec 20, 2016, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Maybe they started the much needed renovations.
Yes it's a weird SkyClub during renovations...no bathrooms.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Happy to report that the SkyClub at MCO is doing walk around appetizers; at least during the afternoon. Made multiple walk throughs during our one hour visit. Chicken flautas weren't bad; went very well with the margaritas
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Nathan's hot dogs were complimentary today at LGA-C around 3pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.