Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by TTT
It would be great if there were more diverse breakfast offerings. I understand hot options (like eggs or bacon) aren't realistic but since cold cuts and it cheeses would be nice.
One thing that would be fairly easy to implement would be much higher quality fresh baked breads and pastries, including whole grain options.
Old May 7, 2017, 1:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
While sitting at the B Skyclub this morning, food service agents came around offering banana parfaits. They were actually quite tasty, it had granola and pieces of banana in yogurt. Nice treat and the first time I've seen this.
Old May 7, 2017, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
They had mini cheese omletes at DTW Main yesterday that were pretty good
Old May 7, 2017, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TTT
It would be great if there were more diverse breakfast offerings. I understand hot options (like eggs or bacon) aren't realistic but since cold cuts and it cheeses would be nice.
Agreed. Breakfast options are really lacking. They do a pretty good job for lunch and evening so you would think they could do better in the morning. I was in a different club a couple of years ago that had poached eggs. That would be easy enough to offer. They already offer English muffins so just add some Canadian bacon and that would offer something nice.
Old May 7, 2017, 4:41 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Agreed. Breakfast options are really lacking. They do a pretty good job for lunch and evening so you would think they could do better in the morning. I was in a different club a couple of years ago that had poached eggs. That would be easy enough to offer. They already offer English muffins so just add some Canadian bacon and that would offer something nice.
Actually poached or cooked in a mold? Either way, I agree it would be a nice addition.
Old May 7, 2017, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I wish they would have kept the pancake machines. Those were nice while they lasted it. I'm going to miss the one the pancake machine at the Alaska BR at LAX when Delta moves to terminals 2 and 3
^^^
Old May 7, 2017, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Agreed (keeping it friendly in this thread )

A source of protein (other than hard-boiled eggs) would be welcome.

For example, my go-to breakfast when rushing out of a Hampton Inn in the morning is an English muffin and a few strips of bacon.
Old May 30, 2017, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I'm at the BOS-A SC and there is a make your own "Sky Bowl" station with some nice Mediterranean ingredients
Old May 30, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Breakfast is weak. You basically have hard boiled eggs, bagels/toast and oatmeal. At least a couple times I've seen grits in ORD and ATL. But some rotation of different eggs. Bacon. Something. Basically have no real option for a protein. If hotels can do bacon & eggs feel like the SkyClub could.

I also wish there was something more 'basic' to eat as well. I know it's not meant to be a 'meal' but one time in DTW they had hot dogs. It's pretty simple setup and easy to maintain. Hot dogs, buns and basic condiments. Nice to grab and go.
Old May 30, 2017, 12:58 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Breakfast is weak. You basically have hard boiled eggs, bagels/toast and oatmeal. At least a couple times I've seen grits in ORD and ATL. But some rotation of different eggs. Bacon. Something. Basically have no real option for a protein. If hotels can do bacon & eggs feel like the SkyClub could.

I also wish there was something more 'basic' to eat as well. I know it's not meant to be a 'meal' but one time in DTW they had hot dogs. It's pretty simple setup and easy to maintain. Hot dogs, buns and basic condiments. Nice to grab and go.
If people are talking about "protein" as in strictly the nutritional component, the Greek yogurts that are available at most clubs at breakfast actually have quite a bit of protein in them.

But if you mean "protein" like "meat", that doesn't help
Old May 30, 2017, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I like the coney island dogs they have at the DTW SC on Friday's. They had hot dogs at the ORD sky club yesterday that looks nasty, food offerings weren't very good at ORD yesterday.
Old May 30, 2017, 1:55 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
At least a couple times I've seen grits in ORD and ATL.

Grits at ORD??? I am going to go out on a limb and guess it was oatmeal.
Old May 30, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
If hotels can do bacon & eggs feel like the SkyClub could.
PREACH. They really could step up their game for what I believe is next to nothing. The lower end Marriott hotels offer some cheap hot breakfast items that can't possibly kill the budget. Those would be good (though admittedly the last time I was there I think Marriott went too cheap).
Old May 30, 2017, 2:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by pvn
I've seen grits (not oatmeal) at the SEA SC before during breakfast hours.

I remember distinctly because I opened the pot thinking it would be oatmeal and it was not.
Old May 30, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
Born in NC and raised in GA. I can assure you it was grits

It was so random that I texted my dad(born and raised in GA) to ask if it was normal and he said yes.

Also Oatmeal is not tasty IMO so I wouldn't have even gotten it if it was oatmeal.

Originally Posted by scongro
PREACH. They really could step up their game for what I believe is next to nothing. The lower end Marriott hotels offer some cheap hot breakfast items that can't possibly kill the budget. Those would be good (though admittedly the last time I was there I think Marriott went too cheap).

Agreed.

And by protein I am referring to 'meat'. The idea of english muffin, eggs, cheese slices and such would be nice. Make little sandwiches. I feel like a major issue is the idea/front of the SkyClub being a 'luxury'. Which it is in a way but that axes the idea of hot dogs or things that a hotel breakfast offers. However IHG or similar free hot breakfast is tasty sometimes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.