Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2017, 4:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by sky303
Maybe they're improving systemwide. The cool thing about the Sky Club recently as opposed to the AC and UC is that there's at least a nice mix of local stuff and changes/'surprise' food and beverage events and selections. Always seems like there's something sort of new, especially at larger clubs these days.
Yes, completely agree. I like that the standard options are available at every club (hummus, crudite, the crackers, etc. etc.) but it seems like local SC managers may have flexibility to add/innovate local options.

I do like it -- in the monotony of business travel a change in diet can be welcome
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Double post
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Interesting. Maybe all these years later they are still working to prevent an uprising from Midwest Airlines customers who want their 2x2 all business class seating and chocolate chip cookies back.
It is former NWA airlines top tier members and now DL DM's and nothing to do with Midwest Express.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
SkyClub at ORD last night was its usually crowded place, due to all the delays and cancellations getting out of ORD. But what surprised me was the poor food selection. They had the usual two type so far soup, but the only other food items were chicken salad, lettuce, tomatoes, cubed cheeses and the usual fruit. I knew I was going to spend a lot of time there, since my flight to LGA was delayed three and a half hours, so I was disappointed at no mac and cheese or other choices, like sandwiches. to the ORD SkyClub last night.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by apodo77
It is former NWA airlines top tier members and now DL DM's and nothing to do with Midwest Express.
Yeah. It was a joke dude.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Haven't been in T at ATL in a while. They have a fresh peanut butter machine that crushes/creates on demand. Pretty tasty and a little something different.

Minus they didn't add anything new to put the peanut butter on...
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:13 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Haven't been in T at ATL in a while. They have a fresh peanut butter machine that crushes/creates on demand. Pretty tasty and a little something different.

Minus they didn't add anything new to put the peanut butter on...
They have (or had) a peanut butter machine in the E club too FWIW.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:56 pm

I had the kickin thai rice and chicken soup in dtw skyclub yesterday. it was damn good i went back for seconds.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
LAX term 2 had the best food of a skyclub I have seen. The normal offerings plus the fixings to make a rice bowl (sticky rice, chicken, kale, etc.) - it was a welcome change.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nydave
I had the kickin thai rice and chicken soup in dtw skyclub yesterday. it was damn good i went back for seconds.
Me too a few weeks ago. It was excellent!
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
As a DL and UA flyer, I'm loving the food competition. Haven't had breakfast in MSP for a while. The grits with fixings are a nice addition to oatmeal. I also enjoy the chicken available to add to salads later in the day. I must admit that the UA free prosecco generally brings me to that club

Edited to add that the meatballs were also very good. Gotta give credit where credit is due

Last edited by In2ishn; Jun 29, 2017 at 10:16 am
Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:07 am

MKE had mini brats which tasted good... minus only had ketchup. I let DL know on twitter how terrible that was.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
MKE had mini brats which tasted good... minus only had ketchup. I let DL know on twitter how terrible that was.
Weird. Always had mustard for the mini brats when I've been there.

I do agree they are tasty.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by TommyD2
Weird. Always had mustard for the mini brats when I've been there.

I do agree they are tasty.
Someone must have gotten it all before I got there.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Very impressive spread at SFO at 10 PM last Sunday:

A build your own "Sky Bowl" with rice pilaf with scallions, ditalini pasta, chicken, peppers, carrots with raisins, kale and artichokes
Clam Chowder or pepper bisque soup
A second chicken dish with saffron rice
White bean stew

They even had marshmallows out with the hot chocolate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.