Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by anon2k2
I still find it weird that the PDX Sky Club (And the AS Board Room too) don't serve alcohol other than beer and wine.
That's a liquor licensing issue, I think there's a thread on it over in the AS forum.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by C W
Is it just me who misses the Mac and Cheese? I loved a good bowl of that with a Bloody Mary.
Had it in ATL A-centerpoint 3 weeks ago on a Sat. Is it gone?

Reminds me of being a broke student. :-)
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:37 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by exwannabe

I was only at ATL E and F. Last time I had it was at LAX in early January.

Glad somebody else enjoys it too
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by C W
On Monday ATL E and F Sky Clubs had hot chicken, cooked mixed vegetables, and rice pilaf. Nice for a fairly substantial meal, although they could really use some full-sized, non-paper plates.
Is SFO the only club that has china or have other remodels lead to this? Is SEA using paper plates? In my mind this makes a huge difference in the feel and sense of quality. The plates at SFO are not full sized dinner plates, but they are larger than the little paper plates at most clubs, and IMO just the right size for a club.

Last edited by jdrtravel; Feb 8, 2017 at 11:52 pm
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Is SFO the only club that has china or have other remodels lead to this? Is SEA using paper plates? In my mind this make a huge difference in the feel and sense of quality. The plates at SFO are not full sized dinner plates, but they are larger than the little paper plates at most clubs, and IMO just the right size for a club.
The new B club in ATL has real plates.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: DL DM MM Marriott Plat Hertz PC
I still find it weird that the PDX Sky Club (And the AS Board Room too) don't serve alcohol other than beer and wine.

I certainly haven't been to all the Sky Clubs, but are there others that are Beer/Wine only?

Oregon law requires a full kitchen blah blah to serve the "HARD".stuff....I've been in many many SCs and this is the only one I've encountered this annoyance. For many many years I've overheard ..." I'd like a vodka tonic" "sorry we only serve beer and wine.....WHAT? Feel sorry for the employees having to. Explain this 20-30-100 times a day. Curiously though you can take a quick cab and buy some pretty strong marijuana edibles....that I've heard are quite tasty.

I would probably find this funny only if the PDX SC was not my hub SC.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Is SFO the only club that has china or have other remodels lead to this? Is SEA using paper plates?
The new SEA SC has real plates. I agree, it is a seemingly small detail that adds a lot.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Biscoff27
The new SEA SC has real plates. I agree, it is a seemingly small detail that adds a lot.
Good to hear that both the new SEA and ATL clubs have this. It really just feels so much classier, not to mention how wasteful it is to use all those plates, and plastic utensils even worse. Hopefully this means that as they do renovations they will be adding dishwashers.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC

I certainly haven't been to all the Sky Clubs, but are there others that are Beer/Wine only?
Portland laws.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
JFK T4 Sky Club march 1017

Has anyone else had the fresh fruit tarts for dessert in the evening? They are little bites of heaven with fresh berries and delightful cream.

These are amazing and this little detail sets JFK's T4 Sky Club apart from ATL or SFO for fresh items on offer.

Last edited by unitedbusiness; Mar 10, 2017 at 4:16 pm
Old Mar 11, 2017, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Dtw center sc had meatballs instead of the usual mac and cheese in Friday night that were pretty tasty.
I had them on Tuesday night. They were pretty decent.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by exwannabe

The newly refurbished MSP lounge has had it the last two times I've been there, along with a pretty outstanding turkey chili.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:38 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
It would be great if there were more diverse breakfast offerings. I understand hot options (like eggs or bacon) aren't realistic but since cold cuts and it cheeses would be nice.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:33 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by TTT
It would be great if there were more diverse breakfast offerings. I understand hot options (like eggs or bacon) aren't realistic but since cold cuts and it cheeses would be nice.
Despite its other shortcomings I like PDX's breakfast because they have great bagels and a crawling-belt toaster. One or two of those with cream cheese and some fresh fruit make a very filling breakfast for me.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by TTT
I wish they would have kept the pancake machines. Those were nice while they lasted it. I'm going to miss the one the pancake machine at the Alaska BR at LAX when Delta moves to terminals 2 and 3

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.