Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
BNA had cocktail sausages in BBQ sauce yesterday. Have to admit it didn't look very appetizing.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Friday at DTW main a guy a couple places in front of me at the hot dog cart asked for a bun with the coney sauce and no hotdog and heard him tell the lady making the hotdogs he liked to put the meatballs in the bun. I decided to try it and it was really good. I love the coney island hot dogs but it was better with meatballs in it instead of a hotdog
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by C W
Ahhhh! I would have never left, that's amazing
Probably would have missed a flight for that also, although ersters "rnt" in season in a month w/o an R, are they?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:30 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by mot29
Probably would have missed a flight for that also, although ersters "rnt" in season in a month w/o an R, are they?
Yes, I would miss the flight for it. And then you completely lost me
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
[QUOTE=C W;28437874And then you completely lost me [/QUOTE]

If you grew up in New Orleans, you might find it -- oysters pronounced ersters and the traditions are that oysters are in season in months with R in them -- September through April. Maybe because those are cooler months, although there are some tales that oysters are in the process of changing sex during the summer months.
tom
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:46 pm

Farmed oysters are triploid and thus don't spawn. Thanks to modern refrigeration and genetics, oysters are safe and delicious year round.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Amtrak Member
The DTW SkyClub in B/C today had the mac'n'cheese. I was skeptical but it tasted like a good cheddar sauce. Also, the staff were good about refilling it. The club was pretty dead for the middle of a Tuesday.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Anyone see these new "Sky Bowls" in the ATL clubs (E and F at least)? They have cous cous, rice, or pasta with grilled chicken pieces and a ton of mix-ins (feta, hard-boiled egg, roasted broccoli, etc) and like five dressing options. Very nice and makes a good light meal. Also looks like later on today in E they'll be having a Dark 'n Stormy station in relation to the America's Cup.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by sky303
Anyone see these new "Sky Bowls" in the ATL clubs (E and F at least)? They have cous cous, rice, or pasta with grilled chicken pieces and a ton of mix-ins (feta, hard-boiled egg, roasted broccoli, etc) and like five dressing options. Very nice and makes a good light meal. Also looks like later on today in E they'll be having a Dark 'n Stormy station in relation to the America's Cup.
Yes, I reported about the Sky Bowls at BOS back in late May. Chicken quality wasn't great, but they had a lot of healthy options with which to create your bowl.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by TommyD2
My hometown club seems to do things a bit differently than the major hubs.

They typically have the same 'regular' food as the other clubs (2 soups, salad, chix salad, pasta salad, etc.) but often add something different.

For example, in addition to the normal breakfast offerings, there is usually kringle (google it if you don't know) and often a muffin-sized sausage and fried egg (so you can make your own McMuffin). Afternoons have featured mini-brats, meatballs, and last week a taco bar which was cool.

I haven't seen this kind of variety at the other clubs I've been to lately.
Several other clubs do have enhanced food and it often highlights foods connected to the region (ORD has hot dogs, SFO has pho and sometimes curries being a pacific gateway city, etc).

However, the markets I am aware of that have this generally are competitive in nature, so I'm really surprised to learn that MKE has enhanced food like this. Nice.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:23 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
However, the markets I am aware of that have this generally are competitive in nature, so I'm really surprised to learn that MKE has enhanced food like this. Nice.
Apparently MKE has a very high concentration of DMs. Perhaps they're trying to keep those customers happy.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by C W
Apparently MKE has a very high concentration of DMs. Perhaps they're trying to keep those customers happy.
Interesting. Maybe all these years later they are still working to prevent an uprising from Midwest Airlines customers who want their 2x2 all business class seating and chocolate chip cookies back.
silverthief2 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Yes, I reported about the Sky Bowls at BOS back in late May. Chicken quality wasn't great, but they had a lot of healthy options with which to create your bowl.
Just looked and saw. Thankfully the chicken at ATL has been of much better quality than most other clubs I've been to. It's real grilled breasts, cubed. Not some pressed gloop made to look like chicken, which I have seen at JFK et. al.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:53 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by sky303
Just looked and saw. Thankfully the chicken at ATL has been of much better quality than most other clubs I've been to. It's real grilled breasts, cubed. Not some pressed gloop made to look like chicken, which I have seen at JFK et. al.
3 weeks ago I visited JFK around dinnertime and they had some sort of chicken breast glazed in some sort of brown sauce (can't remember the description). I was impressed they were whole chicken breasts.... Albeit overcooked and dry, but still full chicken breasts nonetheless.

That being said, I have seen the gloop cubes you have mentioned at JFK. Almost seems like the "grill marks" were painted on....
Old Jun 16, 2017, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by bj27
3 weeks ago I visited JFK around dinnertime and they had some sort of chicken breast glazed in some sort of brown sauce (can't remember the description). I was impressed they were whole chicken breasts.... Albeit overcooked and dry, but still full chicken breasts nonetheless.

That being said, I have seen the gloop cubes you have mentioned at JFK. Almost seems like the "grill marks" were painted on....
Maybe they're improving systemwide. The cool thing about the Sky Club recently as opposed to the AC and UC is that there's at least a nice mix of local stuff and changes/'surprise' food and beverage events and selections. Always seems like there's something sort of new, especially at larger clubs these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.