Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
They were passing out some really good Toffee Crunch Blondies from Sweet Street (individually wrapped) a while back (via tray) in the ATL B club.

I see folks in ATL B, E and F usually doing something "special," whether it's a Bloody Mary Cart in the AM, or special wraps or other hors d'oeuvres on a tray going around, I really like those little touches. I've seen this in some other clubs, but my experience in those isn't as broad as ATL, where I've found it's basically a common thing.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Fly_Delta_Jets
Bombay Dry is the well gin.
In the last week, they have served Damrak at MKE, DCA and MSP F/G and not Bombay. Bombay Sapphire was available for an upgrade.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by bergamini
In the last week, they have served Damrak at MKE, DCA and MSP F/G and not Bombay. Bombay Sapphire was available for an upgrade.
I'd attribute that to a one-off sourcing issue. Haven't seen anything internally on a switch and menus on delta.com still show Bombay.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by keitherson
I visit all the hubs a lot and IMO, right now the best domestic lounges in terms of food selection:

1. SEA
2. SFO
3. JFK T4
4. LAX T2
5. ATL F

honorable mention: MIA

it's got nothing to do with being a hub but how competitive the market is. SLC, DTW, MSP, PDX have a pretty terrible food selection.
I have to agree with your ranking as I really do enjoy the JFK T4 lounge. And as someone who uses AA very frequently to MIA, I would put the DL SC in MIA higher up only because that lounge is a luxurious oasis compared with the ACs there. Then again, I'm happy with the sbux espresso machine
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:15 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
DCA had either chili or a buffalo chicken and blue cheese soup (the later pretty good!)
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I really like the Buffalo Chicken and Blue Cheese soup (really good with a couple drops of hot sauce added).

Kroger discontinued carrying the Campbell's Wicked Thai Chicken soup, I hope it was a decision by Kroger and Campbell's is still carrying it since that was one of my favorite SC soups and I haven't seen it in over a month
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Fly_Delta_Jets
I'd attribute that to a one-off sourcing issue. Haven't seen anything internally on a switch and menus on delta.com still show Bombay.
I asked at MKE and she said that they switched it several weeks ago. I am not sure it is one-off because DCA is pretty far from MSP/MKE but I am hoping this to be the case because I hate the Damrak, I really do hate it. Someone described it as oily and that is correct. It just doesn't have any bite or flavor. I am flying through MSP again on Friday so I won't know this week but if anyone goes to another SkyClub, LMK as I'm very interested.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:33 am

Messaged Twitter and got nowhere so submitted a TTU for Sky Club questions to see. The bartender in MKE seemed to think it was permanent. I do not like that Damrak at all so I am hoping she was wrong.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond
Yea...Bombay is out for now. I did find a bottle of Bombay at MSP C SC 2 weeks ago, but I bet they're switching as well. I do not like the Damrak at all. Speaking to the staff in ATL, opinions are mixed...its either love or hate. I wish they'd go back, personally.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Anyone else notice the cold baby shrimp during lunch/dinner? They look far from appetizing and seriously look like an imitation version cooked up in a laboratory somewhere and injected with a pinkish dye to slightly resemble shrimp.

I would strongly prefer jumbo Gulf shrimp sautéed with garlic, herb butter and sage with a side of horseradish grits than the crap "shrimp" that is currently being offered.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Tmsmedic
Yea...Bombay is out for now. I did find a bottle of Bombay at MSP C SC 2 weeks ago, but I bet they're switching as well. I do not like the Damrak at all. Speaking to the staff in ATL, opinions are mixed...its either love or hate. I wish they'd go back, personally.
Hopefully they won't switch out other liquors. I don't want to return to the days of Gordon's vodka and no comped Bailey's
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Tmsmedic
I'd like to talk to someone who likes Damrak better and understand their reasoning. It is so blah.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
Anyone else notice the cold baby shrimp during lunch/dinner? They look far from appetizing and seriously look like an imitation version cooked up in a laboratory somewhere and injected with a pinkish dye to slightly resemble shrimp.

I would strongly prefer jumbo Gulf shrimp sautéed with garlic, herb butter and sage with a side of horseradish grits than the crap "shrimp" that is currently being offered.
That's kind of like saying I'd rather have an entree when they are offering an appetizer. Now if they are serving chilled shrimp, we could maybe hope that they offer a large and fresher type.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness

The SC chicken strips are also so gross and weird looking. Barely look cooked and no grill marks....kind of like the chicken at Subway.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
The SC chicken strips are also so gross and weird looking. Barely look cooked and no grill marks....kind of like the chicken at Subway.
Those aren't 100% chicken, if you didn't know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.