Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2015, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by airindia787
I was at SFO last night and I was very impressed with the food offerings in the new SC. There was butternut squash soup and the Thai chicken soup, three different salads, cheese, crackers, olives, breads, and mini cheesecake bites. Even better is the fact that they have real plates and utensils. The SC also has food for purchase, I ordered the beef pho which made for a very nice meal before my redeye flight.
Sounds like it might give the Centurion Club a run for its money.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by mcolurker
Breakfasts (at least at ATL E/F) have had chocolate and regular croissants, muffins, etc. plus biscuits and (turkey) gravy or other hot dishes.
Anyone else seen biscuits and gravy at E lately? I will stop there upon arrival at ATL tomorrow if that were the case as things move quickly once I get to the rental car and not sure about catching a lunch later.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 12:04 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
The Mexican themed spread at JFK was pretty amazing yesterday. Fajita chicken, Mexican rice, and roasted onions/peppers for the hot buffet, and pico de gallo, sour cream, and corn salad for the cold buffet. Then garnishes of picked red onions, japaleno peppers, cilantro, and lime.

On top of the normal Sky Club spread of two soups, chicken salad, etc.

They also have Brooklyn Lager as a free local craft beer. That's usually a premium beer! I was impressed.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National Executive
I was at the LAX SC last week and the spread was awesome compared to prior visits. Mini sandwiches, high-end salads and desserts were spread in a nice display in this club. It seems my transits through ATL are always quick so I don't get there often and my home airport (SDF) has no SC and probably never will.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: DM/3MM
I haven't had much time in the SC recently to notice the new food, but all of this seems like quite an improvement. DL is screwing up quite a lot of things recently, but the SCs seem like they are moving in the right direction.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Xeno
Anyone else seen biscuits and gravy at E lately? I will stop there upon arrival at ATL tomorrow if that were the case as things move quickly once I get to the rental car and not sure about catching a lunch later.
We landed at F5 this morning and I stopped at the SC to enjoy biscuits and gravy, etc. When I leave Sunday morning, do I need to go to E or F for the complete choice of such items? I was in B10 a few days ago and the breakfast options were limited compared to F.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
A UA flyer here that has a United Club membership. I ended up over here on a lark, but are you telling me that your general clubs (not a restricted International First class Club) has biscuits and gravy, a couple kinds of salad and soup - with MEAT in it? Sandwiches made by the staff, not something you piece together yourself. What do you mean by 'desserts'- is this something more than a Kebbler Elf cookie?
Old Nov 6, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by PushingTin
A UA flyer here that has a United Club membership. I ended up over here on a lark, but are you telling me that your general clubs (not a restricted International First class Club) has biscuits and gravy, a couple kinds of salad and soup - with MEAT in it? Sandwiches made by the staff, not something you piece together yourself. What do you mean by 'desserts'- is this something more than a Kebbler Elf cookie?
Keep the United fliers away from the cheesecakes and pies...
Old Nov 6, 2015, 6:49 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Originally Posted by sethb
Sounds like it might give the Centurion Club a run for its money.
Haha funny
Old Nov 7, 2015, 1:34 am

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by keitherson
Keep the United fliers away from the cheesecakes and pies...
Uh, not to sound like a country bumpkin, but you have pie?
Old Nov 7, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: Delta PM
+1 on the LAX SC. Best food selection I have ever seen in a SC. I was there two weeks ago on a Saturday.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
I'm in F now....nice spread.

Meatballs are pretty good, but no sauce??
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:46 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Had Thai Chicken Soup at the ATL D12 SC this week that was really really tasty. Best SC soup I've had so far.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 7:08 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by CMK10
Had Thai Chicken Soup at the ATL D12 SC this week that was really really tasty. Best SC soup I've had so far.
I still like all the soups, but the chicken salad is getting really boring...
Old Nov 14, 2015, 7:19 pm

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
I'm in F now....nice spread.

Meatballs are pretty good, but no sauce??
Meatballs??!! I love meatballs. Which SC has them? Are they in all of them??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.