Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2019, 6:38 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
What time was this at?

I mentioned this earlier but they've been having a really great taco bar, along with a great salad bar + those turkey/truffle club sandwiches. All of this gets pulled between 5-6pm and replaced with this unmarked slop (aka "nacho bar"). It's a massive downgrade and I've yet to figure out why they are cutting the options so drastically during dinner hours.
Best guess: the only flights that leave the west coast between ~5pm and ~10pm are shorthaul intra-west-coast flying since the latest non-redeye flights to the east will have left by then, so maybe they feel the volume of passengers and/or a less premium mix of passengers doesn't warrant the same niceness of food offering.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
Best guess: the only flights that leave the west coast between ~5pm and ~10pm are shorthaul intra-west-coast flying since the latest non-redeye flights to the east will have left by then, so maybe they feel the volume of passengers and/or a less premium mix of passengers doesn't warrant the same niceness of food offering.
Perhaps, but there's red eye flights to the east coast starting at around 9:30.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I think I said this up-thread, but I do think it could be about preventing over-crowding with the capacity issues of these clubs. Encourage people who are looking for dinner to go elsewhere.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wasn't at all favorably impressed by the (self serve) wine at MSP C: B&G "reserve" Chardonnay and rose plus some Pinot Grigio for the whites and a sparkling thing that certainly wasn't champagne or even prosecco. Red seemed better with IIRC Federalist cab.

Butternut summer squash soup at MSP and CVG was decent as expected.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by kabanaman
I assume this picture was from the T2 lounge? That does look gross but the taco spread was much different at T3 north - much smaller serving white rounded serving dishes with 6 or so toppings guac salsa cabbage tomato onion etc.

Goes to show you the variations between lounges and how much YMMV.
No, that's T3... not sure how to label north or south, but the original one, not the new annex.

I asked the attendants what those 3 pans of unlabeled things were, and they had no clue and suggest I try them. I travel to Asia often, so I am generally very brave when it comes to food but that was too much for me to try. Wasn't sure if they were Indian or Mexican dishes...
Old Oct 28, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Good lunch choices. Braised pork and Orecchiette with broccoli rabe, artichokes and Fresno peppers.
wlau, lsquare, AANYC1981 and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:50 pm

FYI to anyone traveling through JFK in the next week or so, there’s no hot food at T4 SkyClub. Kitchen is under renovation so they’re just offering pre-packaged sandwiches and dry snacks.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
FYI to anyone traveling through JFK in the next week or so, there’s no hot food at T4 SkyClub. Kitchen is under renovation so they’re just offering pre-packaged sandwiches and dry snacks.
On the other hand T-2 had a nice dish of braised chicken thigh and rice.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by kmersh
On the other hand T-2 had a nice dish of braised chicken thigh and rice.
RDU and SEA have also had this recently.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
I'm at the ATL sky club near gate B-18 right now. What an improvement from the last time I was here. BBQ meat balls and cheesy tortilla soup. Very good!^

Earlier, this morning I was at the Centurion lounge in MEX. First and probably last time I will go to one. What's all the rave about. The service was very poor and non-existent. The food was boring. The atmosphere was dry.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
does anyone know where DL sources the DCA Thai coconut BROTH (you can add green onions, lime, thai basil leaves etc)? It's definitely not the wicked thai chicken soup that the other clubs have.....it's a broth and much lighter/better and no rice.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
does anyone know where DL sources the DCA Thai coconut BROTH (you can add green onions, lime, thai basil leaves etc)? It's definitely not the wicked thai chicken soup that the other clubs have.....it's a broth and much lighter/better and no rice.
https://www.campbellsfoodservice.com...onut/?l=search
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold

780mg of sodium in a 1/2 cup, wow!
Old Dec 2, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
780mg of sodium in a 1/2 cup, wow!
The good thing is there was available product info on the internet. Think about all that buffet food we eat and have no clue how much sodium is in it. Unfortunately, all buffet food is loaded with sodium and sodium type additives to make it taste better 😞
Old Dec 4, 2019, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I'm at the ATL sky club near gate B-18 right now. What an improvement from the last time I was here. BBQ meat balls and cheesy tortilla soup. Very good!^

Earlier, this morning I was at the Centurion lounge in MEX. First and probably last time I will go to one. What's all the rave about. The service was very poor and non-existent. The food was boring. The atmosphere was dry.
Don't think that's the same Centurion lounge as in the US like SFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.