Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2019, 8:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: SkyMiles, Global Entry, Non-Rev
I'm one of those "few" who actually pays full price for a SkyClub membership as I usually fly in Main Cabin or Comfort Plus, but honestly the food/drinks I get in the SkyClub usually far exceeds the amount I'd pay for in the terminal so I feel I get my money's worth.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 10:53 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
LGA-D: just heard the bartender turn down someone requesting two drinks (one for a friend who wasn't in the absurd line for the bar)......bartender said we only do one drink at a time which is such a joke and made up rule.
hah. I was at LGA D sky club in early October and the bartenders. I think there was 2 bar staff. They would only serve 1 drink per person without the 2nd persons ID. I was worried it was some new law in NY that made them enforce this stupid policy. Sounds like it was just a variation of the “rules” you were dealing with. Such BS.

Be Thankful you weren’t at LGA C club with the drink nazi. He believes no person should have more than 2 drinks before a flight. No matter now many hours you’ve been at the club.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 9:33 am
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
The MSP F/G club had mini bratwursts for Monday Night Football on 12/23, complete with sauerkraut and mustard (no chopped onion or pickle relish however). When they made the announcement the line quickly got long.

Not sure if it was a special occasion because the Vikings were getting beat by the Packers , or if they do it every Monday night during the season.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by kpbadger
The MSP F/G club had mini bratwursts for Monday Night Football on 12/23, complete with sauerkraut and mustard (no chopped onion or pickle relish however). When they made the announcement the line quickly got long.

Not sure if it was a special occasion because the Vikings were getting beat by the Packers , or if they do it every Monday night during the season.
That's actually an improvement over the usual slop that they serve in the clubs.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Sorry if this have been answered before, but this is a really long thread. I'm currently looking at some flights with to and from along with connections in the following airports: SEA, MSP, LGA, and JFK. For some of those flights, I can stay choose between a 1 hour or 3 hour layover at MSP. Is the food, especially at MSP, good enough for even a 3 hour layover? In general, I'm not in a rush and if I can get a couple hour layover at a nice lounge, then I would especially after flying a few hours on a narrowbody airplane in Y.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL - PM
Originally Posted by lsquare
Sorry if this have been answered before, but this is a really long thread. I'm currently looking at some flights with to and from along with connections in the following airports: SEA, MSP, LGA, and JFK. For some of those flights, I can stay choose between a 1 hour or 3 hour layover at MSP. Is the food, especially at MSP, good enough for even a 3 hour layover? In general, I'm not in a rush and if I can get a couple hour layover at a nice lounge, then I would especially after flying a few hours on a narrowbody airplane in Y.
MSP is...interesting when it comes to Sky Clubs. The F/G club usually has some food that qualifies as substantive, but I'm partial to the C club which is much less crowded and has a self-service bar. For a three hour layover I typically visit both. F/G just for the food and then migrate to C where I can actually find a seat.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ordhater
MSP is...interesting when it comes to Sky Clubs. The F/G club usually has some food that qualifies as substantive, but I'm partial to the C club which is much less crowded and has a self-service bar. For a three hour layover I typically visit both. F/G just for the food and then migrate to C where I can actually find a seat.
Can you please tell me what kind of food they serve in F/G? I just found out there is an Escape lounge and I have an AMEX Platinum. I'm not sure if that is any better. I'll be flying in and out of MSP on DL2555, DL968, DL2549, and DL665 if that helps with where exactly I'll be in MSP.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LAX_AUS_DL_FLYER
It truly is. I forgot I was there for the first time in February. IIRC, there was amazing Clam Chowder. I pigged out at the buffet after getting of the plane from LAX for a job interview up there.

SFO Sky Club is pretty huge for a surprisingly deader than expected operation at the airport. When I was there, it seemed less busy than EWR and that club is probably half the size of SFO.

One of the lamer clubs in the system. Bathrooms have terrible ventilation and one time when I was there in 2015 the bartender was having a verbal meltdown about his job.
How does the SFO SkyClub compare to the SFO Centurion Lounge?
Old Dec 26, 2019, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kabanaman
I didn't mix up the two i have been to both, I agree T2's is bigger but i like the fact that in T3 there are actually 2 SkyClubs, North and South both are in the same area upstairs so you can pick which one is less crowded, though i do prefer the planewatching out of the North with the fills in one and their food spread seems to be better than the South one.

Agreed the SkyClub in SEA is Delta's best IMO, blows LAX out of the water. Place is huge and love the fact they serve Pike Place Clam Chowder along with other local flavors, usually don't even have to get up for a drink there either they got enough waitresses coming around to take care of you.

I assume this picture was from the T2 lounge? That does look gross but the taco spread was much different at T3 north - much smaller serving white rounded serving dishes with 6 or so toppings guac salsa cabbage tomato onion etc.

Goes to show you the variations between lounges and how much YMMV.
Wow, do they serve that all day long? Does DL serve decent food from opening to late morning and from 5/6 PM to closing? I'm just afraid that all of these good data points are only for peak hours.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 6:08 pm

Can you please tell me what kind of food they serve in F/G? I just found out there is an Escape lounge and I have an AMEX Platinum. I'm not sure if that is any better. I'll be flying in and out of MSP on DL2555, DL968, DL2549, and DL665 if that helps with where exactly I'll be in MSP.
The "entree" I've seen most frequently is chicken and rice. It's definitely passable as a meal but won't win any culinary awards.

The flights you listed are likely to be in F and G, although you may see D as well. D gates are about equal distance from the C club and the F/G club.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
The "entree" I've seen most frequently is chicken and rice. It's definitely passable as a meal but won't win any culinary awards.
And if any did, it would be the perfect excuse for Delta to jack the annual fee for SkyClubs to $999. Careful what you wish for.
Ordhater likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
And if any did, it would be the perfect excuse for Delta to jack the annual fee for SkyClubs to $999. Careful what you wish for.
Why would you even pay when AMEX gives it as a benefit?
DenverBrian likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The flights you listed are likely to be in F and G, although you may see D as well. D gates are about equal distance from the C club and the F/G club.
What kind of chicken dishes are they serving?
Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Why would you even pay when AMEX gives it as a benefit?
They're connected. If the food gets "culinary award" better, I'm sure that either DL would collect more from Amex for the Club benefit, or Amex would jack the rate for the Platinum card.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:50 pm

What kind of chicken dishes are they serving?
Teriyaki, if I remember correctly? It probably varies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.