Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2019, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Can you please tell me what kind of food they serve in F/G? I just found out there is an Escape lounge and I have an AMEX Platinum. I'm not sure if that is any better. I'll be flying in and out of MSP on DL2555, DL968, DL2549, and DL665 if that helps with where exactly I'll be in MSP.
When I was in F/G recently, I remember thinking that they had pretty much all of the salads I've seen in ATL, e.g. Catalan chickpea, mango cucumber, etc. I also remember having a vegetable curry dish.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
They're connected. If the food gets "culinary award" better, I'm sure that either DL would collect more from Amex for the Club benefit, or Amex would jack the rate for the Platinum card.
I don't see a problem with that. Have you ever had real mac and cheese and the kind that's served at high cafeterias? Night and day. I'll gladly pay more for better food. I'm sure most people would pay more to get better food. I'm already getting my money's worth even after AMEX raised the AF. I lost track how many lounges I've visited in 2019 as a result of having my AMEX and before they cut the restaurant benefits. If I were to make a guess now, I'm going to say at least 50 lounge visits in 2019 and most likely more.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The TPA SkyClub food was pretty bleak both last Friday and this Friday. The only hot option besides soup was cauliflower korma which I didn't ever really realize was a thing. They had that, the delicious wicked thai chicken soup, and the usual rabbit food and salad options. Definitely not one of the good food SkyClubs. Fortunately if you have Priority Pass, there is an excellent PP restaurant over in the F gates. I had dinner there not wanting to chance SC food.

They currently have Coppertail Free Dive on tap as the local beer though ^
Old Dec 28, 2019, 8:28 am

One thing I've noticed recently is that the F Sky Club in ATL usually has one additional hot vegetarian item (using T and A17 for comparison). I had wild mushroom ravioli dish that was pretty decent.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, UA Silver, EI Silver
Has anyone posted pics of the revamped JFK T4 lounge? Wow. Great selection and ambience much improved.

I'll go snap some now if people want.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
Has anyone posted pics of the revamped JFK T4 lounge? Wow. Great selection and ambience much improved.

I'll go snap some now if people want.
Please do that and let us know what kind of food is served!

Thx!
Old Dec 29, 2019, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have anyone been to MSY recently? I was there earlier this year, but that was before the new terminal and the new SC opened. Apparently they're serving seafood at the new MSY SC? Is that for real? The whole day or only at a certain times of the day?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by lsquare
Have anyone been to MSY recently? I was there earlier this year, but that was before the new terminal and the new SC opened. Apparently they're serving seafood at the new MSY SC? Is that for real? The whole day or only at a certain times of the day?
I know during the grand opening of the club they were serving raw oysters and shrimp. I think it was just for the opening though. Haven't seen anything here about the standard daily offerings yet.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
I know during the grand opening of the club they were serving raw oysters and shrimp. I think it was just for the opening though. Haven't seen anything here about the standard daily offerings yet.
To be clear, that's what I read as well. Surely someone here have been to MSY recently?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, UA Silver, EI Silver

View from side of bar

lounge area between bar and sky deck that replaces the sterile room that used to be a separate space.

several salad options I hadn't seen elsewhere e.g. a red cabbage slaw and a chickpea salad

Warm options included some beef dish (didn't taste), rice, and a veggie tagine (quite nice)

The veggie tagine and a pot of pasta. The area behind the food counter is not accessible to pax, just to staff who use it to replenish and keep area clean and tidy (much welcomed). On the other side of the kitchen is an area with a large table. Elsewhere seating hasn't changed much but some seating configurations have been refreshed.

Bar area is less sterile, more clubby than previous incarnation.

Images of refreshed JFK T4 - it's a refresh rather than a remodel, and all changes are positive. Place has a better, more clubby vibe, with expanded food offerings that are better organized.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
The beef is roast beef in a (very) mild curry. I paired with couscous [with cilantro and scallion] and the warm Moroccan veggies (chickpeas, and I forget what else) last week and was fairly satisfied.

Roast beef was a decent quality, but I tasted no curry nor spiciness. C’mon DL, if you’re going to offer a “curry” at least make it a 2/10 spicy instead of 0.01/10 spicy.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:19 pm

Long layover in ATL tomorrow. Which Skyclub would you guys recommend for the best food?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:56 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Long layover in ATL tomorrow. Which Skyclub would you guys recommend for the best food?
I think most would say E or F. B also, but it's often overcrowded.

Depending on your parameters/logistics/time of day etc consider also OFS, Ecco, leaving the airport, Delta Museum, etc.

ATL Skyclub E or F?

Best Way to Spend a 8hr Layover in ATL (which lounges?)

Best Delta Sky Club at Atlanta Airport?

7 Hours in ATL on the 30th. Which Sky Club
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
I think most would say E or F. B also, but it's often overcrowded.

Depending on your parameters/logistics/time of day etc consider also OFS, Ecco, leaving the airport, Delta Museum, etc.

ATL Skyclub E or F?

Best Way to Spend a 8hr Layover in ATL (which lounges?)

Best Delta Sky Club at Atlanta Airport?

7 Hours in ATL on the 30th. Which Sky Club
Which one would you go with?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
The TPA SkyClub food was pretty bleak both last Friday and this Friday. The only hot option besides soup was cauliflower korma which I didn't ever really realize was a thing. They had that, the delicious wicked thai chicken soup, and the usual rabbit food and salad options. Definitely not one of the good food SkyClubs. Fortunately if you have Priority Pass, there is an excellent PP restaurant over in the F gates. I had dinner there not wanting to chance SC food.

They currently have Coppertail Free Dive on tap as the local beer though ^
The TPA SC is almost always “meh”. A couple of weeks ago they did have a good tomato Gouda soup, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.