Wiki Posts
Search

ATL Skyclub E or F?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL,Marriott,Hilton, Avis, SPG
ATL Skyclub E or F?

I'm going to be on DL176 from ATL-DUB next week and will have about a five hour layover. In past year's I've spent a few hours in the E Skyclub and not enjoyed it much due to being crowded and noisy. I was there in mid afternoon so that was to be expected. DL176 uses gates in in either E or F and I was thinking of going directly to the F Skyclub with the assumption that it might be a little quieter. Has anyone been in the Skyclub F recently and could give me any data? If the flight goes out of E I'd just take the train back to E.
DL 176 doesn't leave ATL until after 9pm so I'm also thinking about getting dinner before boarding. I've been on that flight often and never had a meal in Delta One worth staying awake for. I know the food options in F are not as good as in E but I'm hoping for a decent light meal there.
Thanks for any help.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:37 am

F upstairs is usually very quiet you can also sit outside in F. Sometimes E lounge has better food but not always. E food court has much better food options including One Flew South.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
The club of choice between E and F is clearly F, IMHO.
Duke787 and puck021 like this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I like both, but I typically always head to F if I have the choice and time. Nice to sit outside and plane spot, the buffet is usually a bit better. They're both definitely the top 2 clubs in ATL though.
blueflyer3, puck021 and QDDawg like this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:50 pm

I haven't been in the F club recently, but as I recall, the F is usually very quiet after 6-6:30pm or so. Most of the Europe flights depart between 5-6pm.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
F upstairs is usually very quiet you can also sit outside in F. Sometimes E lounge has better food but not always. E food court has much better food options including One Flew South.
Agree with this 100%

With 5 hours though you have time to do a full ATL SkyClub crawl...
QDDawg likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Are the hours different in the E or F Skyclubs?

I have a connection arriving at 9pm and departing just after 11pm.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
F on the SkyDeck if the weather is nice- Upstairs is nice, they have a “quiet room,” and the area near the showers is generally not crowded and quiet. Food is not as good, but eat at OFS in E or Ecco in F, and you’ll be fine.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Lately I have found the food in E and F to be virtually identical at the same time in the late afternoons/evenings.
If you want to sit outside, choose F. Otherwise it is not that big of a deal. The food drink area at E is less congested than F.
I do like the quiet tunnel walk between E and F, so consider that if you choose both clubs.
The DL flight to ICN leaves from F after midnight. So it should stay open and well-stocked into the night.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I haven't noticed much difference in food between E and F, but I like the F Skydeck if the weather is nice. If you have priority pass the Club in F is worth checking out. If I'd have a five hour layover in ATL I would just take Marta into the city and eat, you'll have plenty of time.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL,Marriott,Hilton, Avis, SPG
Originally Posted by SeaHawg
F on the SkyDeck if the weather is nice- Upstairs is nice, they have a “quiet room,” and the area near the showers is generally not crowded and quiet. Food is not as good, but eat at OFS in E or Ecco in F, and you’ll be fine.
Thanks for all of these suggestions. Several years ago we did fly out of F but did not have Club access. We walked from E to F and the tunnel was pleasant and the distance was manageable for old people like we are.
We have a similar problem coming home from DUB. Our flight arrives about 4pm and the flight to DAY doesn't leave until about 10:15. I think we'll hole up in the F club and stake out space in the quiet room to try to minimize the effects of the 22 hour day. Just have to set an alarm to give us time to get to the B concourse for the final leg.
Thanks again.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rybolt
Thanks for all of these suggestions. Several years ago we did fly out of F but did not have Club access. We walked from E to F and the tunnel was pleasant and the distance was manageable for old people like we are.
We have a similar problem coming home from DUB. Our flight arrives about 4pm and the flight to DAY doesn't leave until about 10:15. I think we'll hole up in the F club and stake out space in the quiet room to try to minimize the effects of the 22 hour day. Just have to set an alarm to give us time to get to the B concourse for the final leg.
Thanks again.
F definitely the winner on the return -- good showers that typically don't have a long wait
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
The DL flight to ICN leaves from F after midnight. So it should stay open and well-stocked into the night.
DL has a number of late international departures at ATL. However, when I've been on the last ATL-LHR flight (11pm-ish departure) the SkyClub at E closed at 10pm and they booted everybody out. They started making closing announcements at 9:30pm. I was totally baffled as to why DL doesn't keep the E & F SkyClubs open until the last scheduled international departure.
jamesteroh and lsquare like this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:05 am

Relax in the SkyClub but if you are expensing dinner anyway then I definitely vote for One Flew South in E. Not because it's super pricey (there are delicious options in the teens) but it's just way better than the typical SkyClub offerings. OFS is a legitimate restaurant that just happens to be located in a concourse...
jamesteroh and Duke787 like this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by rybolt
Thanks again.
How do you know you're departure will be out of the B Gate?

If it is I really like the newer skyclub at b-18 or 19. They use real plates and it's one of the nicer skyclub in the system.

If you want to get a quick nap in and have priority pass Minute Suites is in concourse B and you get an hour. But be prepared for a long wait. Last time I tried using them during a three and a half hour layover the waitlist was longer than that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.