Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official “I Got Upgraded” Thread: JFK-LAX/SFO/SEA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2014, 9:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by RMAnalystATL
I'm sure that there are some non-revs that misbehave but quite honestly in all the flying I do, I haven't really seen it. It always surprises me that on this board everyone seems to have the initial reaction if someone was misbehaving up front or didn't look like they belong that they must be a non-rev.

As I always tell new employees, flying standby is a privilege and not a right. If any non-rev is misbehaving or creating a "party" atmosphere on board, people should report that to the FA. I guarantee it stops after that and the FA may even write the employee up which could lead to pass privileges being suspended or revoked. Every non-rev should understand that we get the last of everything (seats, meal choice, priority, etc) and DL agents/FAs are primarily there to assist revenue passengers.
Your absolutely correct. God forbid a non-rev chats and smiles with a FA they might happen to be friends with, its considered to be misbehaving and having a party type atmosphere. Guess they are not supposed to talk, smile, look at anyone etc....
Old May 21, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Since I'm a glutton for punishment, I'm booked on DL 419 JFK-SEA on June 3, confirmed in O. For the record: It was sold as a 757-200 (16J) with Business Elite service. I'm only even trying because the flight was cheaper than the 1 stop this time as part of one of my wonderful multi-trip itineraries.

PS To any Delta schedulers- please don't take out your frustrations on me by subbing in N690DL...
Old May 21, 2014, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
419 is the 0715 trip, right? it was operating with an ex-TW jet (ship 6803, N704X) this morning ... I was on 1542 SEA-JFK last night (N696DL, 26F) which parked at the adjacent gate; the redcoat working the flight was the same one who helped me SDC my SEA-DTW-IAD flight to go via JFK a couple months ago (and got a JWD for it) ... she processed a number of Op-Ups due to oversold in coach, but I enjoyed my free Woodfords in my EC window seat
Old May 21, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by jrl767
419 is the 0715 trip, right? it was operating with an ex-TW jet (ship 6803, N704X) this morning ... I was on 1542 SEA-JFK last night (N696DL, 26F) which parked at the adjacent gate; the redcoat working the flight was the same one who helped me SDC my SEA-DTW-IAD flight to go via JFK a couple months ago (and got a JWD for it) ... she processed a number of Op-Ups due to oversold in coach, but I enjoyed my free Woodfords in my EC window seat
I think that's 440, DL 419 is the afternoon flight. World of difference between those 75X's and the no AVOD no power 22F configs for a daytime flight, however the 75X isn't a super comfy redeyemobile.

Oddly I don't recall ever seeing a BE equipped plane on 1542, where it would be of the most value... Given how well that flight sells in Y, you would almost expect to see a A33x of 76W on it. Unfortunately I think those birds have 'day jobs' at night
Old May 23, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, United Premier Silver, SPG Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
I have an upcoming LAX-JFK flight and for weeks the iphone app has been saying something to the effect of not upgrade eligible. Looking at it again today it now says Medallion Upgrade Requested. Is this normal?
Old May 24, 2014, 1:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
"Medallion Upgrade Requested" is definitely not normal for LAX-JFK. Does the website show the same language? Did you request an upgrade using miles?
Old May 24, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by FlyMusic
I have an upcoming LAX-JFK flight and for weeks the iphone app has been saying something to the effect of not upgrade eligible. Looking at it again today it now says Medallion Upgrade Requested. Is this normal?
In another thread there were reports of people seeing "Upgrade Eligible" on International BE flights as well. The thought was it was Delta's masterful IT at work again.
Old May 24, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, United Premier Silver, SPG Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond

I inquired about a mile upgrade. One phone rep said no problem but then discovered it would need to be manually done so transferred me. The next agent said I would need to buy up to B fare for $900 and I said no thanks to that.
Old May 24, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, SkyClub, CO, AA, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by FlyMusic
I inquired about a mile upgrade. One phone rep said no problem but then discovered it would need to be manually done so transferred me. The next agent said I would need to buy up to B fare for $900 and I said no thanks to that.
What's the fare class of the ticket?

If it's L, U, T, X, V, E then it's not eligible to do a miles upgrade. Otherwise call back. Third try seems to work the best.
Old May 25, 2014, 11:24 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Just booked two JFK-SFO roundtrips for July and August. It seems DL is now releasing OP seats months prior to the travel dates.. I was surprised that both return segments had OP availability at the time of booking as long as I was booked in K class. My outbounds are waitlisted for the upgrade.
Old May 27, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: Skymiles member
question:

i was just upgraded confirmed JFK-LAX with a K fare using 12.5k miles for next month, and now my fare class shows OP....will i still accrue miles and MQM? Did I just forfeit that?
Old May 27, 2014, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by i2ad10head
question:

i was just upgraded confirmed JFK-LAX with a K fare using 12.5k miles for next month, and now my fare class shows OP....will i still accrue miles and MQM? Did I just forfeit that?
you will get miles based on your purchased fare.
Old May 27, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
You will accrue both miles and MQM. It will post in your skymiles account as fare class paid/flown (K/OP).
Old May 27, 2014, 11:51 pm

JFK is the armpit of Delta's network. Rude, uneducated staff and a third world service culture. I got stuck at JFK this week after a late connection from SJU. I've had better connections in Beijing. The customer service agents were dumbasses. They had no clue how to treat customers. I will avoid JFK from now on.

My 'new' connecting flight to SEA had first class seats available but was overbooked in coach. They insisted on making me standby for a seat (silver elite) while they tried to sell fc upgrades. I made as much noise as i could and i was the first to clear the standby list. But they refused to upgrade me even if my delay was Delta's fault. The customer service desk gave me 11,500 miles as compensation for their incompetence.

Last edited by cruzmeister; May 27, 2014 at 11:58 pm
Old May 28, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by cruzmeister
JFK is the armpit of Delta's network. Rude, uneducated staff and a third world service culture. I got stuck at JFK this week after a late connection from SJU. I've had better connections in Beijing. The customer service agents were dumbasses. They had no clue how to treat customers. I will avoid JFK from now on.

My 'new' connecting flight to SEA had first class seats available but was overbooked in coach. They insisted on making me standby for a seat (silver elite) while they tried to sell fc upgrades. I made as much noise as i could and i was the first to clear the standby list. But they refused to upgrade me even if my delay was Delta's fault. The customer service desk gave me 11,500 miles as compensation for their incompetence.
I agree the staff at JFK is more often than not at all customer friendly. The JFK-SEA route does not have complmentary UG's, an IRROP does not give you any special "right" to one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.