Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official “I Got Upgraded” Thread: JFK-LAX/SFO/SEA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official “I Got Upgraded” Thread: JFK-LAX/SFO/SEA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2016, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Not sure if this has been brought up before, but shouldn't SEA be dropped from the thread title, now that JFK-SEA is treated the same as a regular domestic route?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat., SPG Plat.
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
I understand. But J9 is the highest it will go. It could be 9 seats open or it could be 15.
I know my post count is low, but I've been lurking here for years and am familiar with the fare buckets, thanks for your help anyhow.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL DM
Hopefully nobody has any objections to me bringing this thread back from the dead. Some more recent experiences could be really helpful in my future business travels.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 6:19 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by MSCOTT8
Hopefully nobody has any objections to me bringing this thread back from the dead. Some more recent experiences could be really helpful in my future business travels.
There isn't really anything to bring back. Upgrades on JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO require the use of an RUC or GUC. Every once in a while if coach is oversold and there are empty seats up front there may be an op up, but the space-available upgrades that were available when this thread was in its prime are gone.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 4:53 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by bgriff
There isn't really anything to bring back. Upgrades on JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO require the use of an RUC or GUC. Every once in a while if coach is oversold and there are empty seats up front there may be an op up, but the space-available upgrades that were available when this thread was in its prime are gone.
I understand that, was hoping to gather info on how often RUC or GUC clear at the gate.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
DL425 - JFK-SFO yesterday - at least 1 RUC/GUC cleared at the gate and D1 went out with at least 2 open seats.

I was in 19C and had 19A and B all to myself - and all rows in EC except for 1 row all had 1 person per row. Multiple rows in the back were open as well.

The most wide open flight I've been on in about 5 years or so.

I tried using miles but was on a U fare so no go - though having the back as open as it was made it an easy peasy lemon squeezy flight.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
JFK-LAX applied RUC on Monday, got email on Wed for a flight one month away on a Sat night.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:19 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Just cleared JFK-SFO essentially at booking on a Thursday in June. Kinda surprised it cleared this far out, it's a 75S that had 3 seats already occupied on the map (9:40am departure). Twitter also told me the last flight of the day had OP with only 1 seat occupied.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I got the upgrade so to speak. Went to book a ticket for end of April in coach and apply a RUC. When searching I found what I can only guess was a mistaken LAX-JFK 767 flight in D1 for $460. Took the "upgrade" over the coach fare of $400. Fare was gone after I bought it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.