Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official “I Got Upgraded” Thread: JFK-LAX/SFO/SEA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official “I Got Upgraded” Thread: JFK-LAX/SFO/SEA

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2014, 11:26 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
I upgraded JFK-SFO with a SWU on Sunday. (Not sure if that is what this thread is about... I'm just working off the thread title.)

Cleared at the gate. Old-style BE recliners on 752 TATL.
Old May 8, 2014, 11:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by andymo99
I upgraded JFK-SFO with a SWU on Sunday.
Thanks for the report. Any info on what the upgrade list looked like at the gate? Was the BE cabin completely filled at departure?

Not sure if that is what this thread is about... I'm just working off the thread title.
Contrary to popular belief, this thread is indeed for successful TCON upgrade reports -- not for complaints about nonrevs or upgrade policy.
Old May 8, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL DM
JFKSEAJFK has taken the brunt of the aircraft shortage as conversions continue on the TATL 757 equipment. When a non BE 757 is substituted, it is not as easy as it sounds to provide the BE soft product due to different catering carts, positions, provisions, etc. I agree it is sh***y when it happens, but with the Spring and Summer schedules ramping up, the cuts have to come from somewhere.
Old May 8, 2014, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by bubbashow
JFKSEAJFK has taken the brunt of the aircraft shortage as conversions continue on the TATL 757 equipment. When a non BE 757 is substituted, it is not as easy as it sounds to provide the BE soft product due to different catering carts, positions, provisions, etc. I agree it is sh***y when it happens, but with the Spring and Summer schedules ramping up, the cuts have to come from somewhere.
And the cuts aren't going to come from DL's revenues just because DL isn't providing the advertised product.
Old May 8, 2014, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by sethb
And the cuts aren't going to come from DL's revenues just because DL isn't providing the advertised product.
Don't you know, only the customer is forced to hold up their end of the contract. DL doesn't have to.
Old May 8, 2014, 2:33 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
I upgraded JFK-SFO with a SWU on Sunday. (Not sure if that is what this thread is about... I'm just working off the thread title.)

Cleared at the gate. Old-style BE recliners on 752 TATL.
Originally Posted by lamont2718
Thanks for the report. Any info on what the upgrade list looked like at the gate? Was the BE cabin completely filled at departure?
All waitlisted upgrades cleared. I think the cabin went out just about full.

FWIW, I flew SEA-JFK a few days earlier on a 26F seat 757. It had LOTS of empty seats and no upgrades (w/o certs).
Old May 8, 2014, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by HongKonger
Don't you know, only the customer is forced to hold up their end of the contract. DL doesn't have to.
When you can figure a method for converting a plane overnight, let me know....I will fund the business. Equip subs happen...some are planned, some are not. If you don't recognize that, you don't belong on a "FREQUENT" flyer website.
Old May 8, 2014, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
When you can figure a method for converting a plane overnight, let me know....I will fund the business. Equip subs happen...some are planned, some are not. If you don't recognize that, you don't belong on a "FREQUENT" flyer website.
Some businesses, when they don't (or can't) provide what they advertised, compensate the customer. Others write contracts of adhesion that they don't have to, and work to reduce competition so the customer has no better options.
Old May 8, 2014, 3:32 pm

Some businesses, when they don't (or can't) provide what they advertised, compensate the customer. Others write contracts of adhesion that they don't have to, and work to reduce competition so the customer has no better options.
Sounds like they are giving 7500 miles for the asking
Old May 8, 2014, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
... FWIW, I flew SEA-JFK a few days earlier on a 26F seat 757. It had LOTS of empty seats and no upgrades (w/o certs)
yeah, this is what I'm looking at (DCA-JFK-SEA in X/U on 16, return in V on 20/21; the old 26F warhorses in both directions) ... I'm ok with my EC window outbound, but riding up front on the redeye is a huge plus, if only for SC access to shower

it's almost beyond comprehension that there isn't a standard exception to the new UG policy (make that the "no-UG" policy) for these JFK <--> SEA flights where they know months in advance that the 16J jets won't be operating
Old May 8, 2014, 9:39 pm

You should get one of those businesses to start flying airplanes.

Not sure anyone would want to fly Target airways though- What happens when your plane gets hacked ?
Old May 9, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: DELTA Skymiles:GOLD
Flew. 442 last night from JFK-SEA. It was the old 26F configuration and I was in EC. The front went out completely full and shockingly it did not look like non-revs. No upgrades were given at the gate (besides cents).

On a side note, plane was beat up and the flight attendants were beyond atrocious. When they basically threw the Luvox wraps at us and seemed overwhelmed I decided to time the service. 1 hour and 7 minutes from serving drinks and wrap until clean up......yikes
Old May 9, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by Playsmart
On a side note, plane was beat up and the flight attendants were beyond atrocious.
While I not yet to experience "atrocious", I too have seen a continued decline here on DL flights. This was an area where DL was overall far superior to UA and AA. Not anymore. Particularly, I really am curious as to what's behind the decline in FA service. You can still get a great FA experience on DL, but it can also be bad. It's becoming hit or miss, which I how I would describe UA/AA, but never thought I would use those words to describe DL. Others DL elites I know have also mentioned similar experiences. I wonder what is causing this.
Old May 9, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: DELTA Skymiles:GOLD
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
While I not yet to experience "atrocious", I too have seen a continued decline here on DL flights. This was an area where DL was overall far superior to UA and AA. Not anymore. Particularly, I really am curious as to what's behind the decline in FA service. You can still get a great FA experience on DL, but it can also be bad. It's becoming hit or miss, which I how I would describe UA/AA, but never thought I would use those words to describe DL. Others DL elites I know have also mentioned similar experiences. I wonder what is causing this.
I am usually the guy to send compliments to DL when the inflight crew does a good job, I know it is an unforgiving position to deal with us lovely passengers sometimes but last nights crew just didn't give a damn.
Plane came in late from SLC so was a quick turnaround. Plane was pretty dirty upon boarding. The IFE only worked for about 60% of the plane and after resetting the system once! the flight attendants just didn't want to deal with it. Disappeared for most the flight and then when making preparations for landing and announcing "we are coming through the cabin for garbage pickup"..... They didn't come through. Looked back to see more than a few people holding cups and other garbage in their hands for the last 15 minutes of flight.

I know this is not the norm as most crews are top notch and usually great. I am only on my 12th flight of the year so hopefully it's not the start of a downfall.
Old May 9, 2014, 9:58 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Sounds like they are giving 7500 miles for the asking
Which is about what - $75? So $37.50 each way? Looks like DL is also aware of how cheap their product is and compensating as such.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.