Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why can’t business class award seats be booked on Delta.com for Air France flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why can’t business class award seats be booked on Delta.com for Air France flights?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by michael2500
Spoke with the more knowledgeable agents at the Manual Reissue desk. They tried to long sell AF/KL award yet to no avail. So a long sell does not solve the problem.
Wow, does this signal a start of increasing hassles using SWU's on DL too? Ugh, DL award bugs just get more and more numerous.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Wow, does this signal a start of increasing hassles using SWU's on DL too? Ugh, DL award bugs just get more and more numerous.
It will be a hassle/impossible to use a DL SWU on AF/KL until they get the IT problem resolved. Once they do, it should go back to the normal very difficult situation.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
This is a very major issue and its been broken since last week. If anyone is trying to use an SWU on AF, you're screwed... same with trying to book BE seats as people have noticed.

I know the "IT" link between DL/AF was not very good before, but come on... now its just totally broken. I wonder who is even working on this or if it has any sense of urgency or priority, or are resources being funneled to work on destroying whats left of the skymiles program to convert it to revenue based earning and redemption.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nada :(
If I actually flew delta to earn my miles I would be pretty upset right now, they can also be sure I will avoid them when given the chance from now on. Why do they treat us like idiots
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by rylan
This is a very major issue and its been broken since last week. If anyone is trying to use an SWU on AF, you're screwed... same with trying to book BE seats as people have noticed.

I know the "IT" link between DL/AF was not very good before, but come on... now its just totally broken. I wonder who is even working on this or if it has any sense of urgency or priority, or are resources being funneled to work on destroying whats left of the skymiles program to convert it to revenue based earning and redemption.
What makes this 1000 x's worse is Delta's lack of communication. If they could bother to simply explain the situation and give us updates, it would make a world of difference. Thus far they won't even officially acknowledge the problem.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: DL Platinum
I think the evidence from NWA/Deltaflygirl is pretty compelling DL is aware of and working the problem. If it is IT related or in the domain of one of their JV partners, they probably cannot offer an ETA of how long it will take to solve. Most large companies are understaffed these days and who knows how high AF will prioritize making the fix and whether they will pull employees off revenue-positive work to help give away more tickets.

Also, there is a kind of machismo at work in large corporations, airlines included, that seems to preclude the kind of communication most of us would prefer. An acknowledgment of problems or mistakes, a thank you for understanding, etc. Most big companies I know of are reluctant to even admit their failings internally among employees who are well aware of them.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: Delta Ballast Medallion, Card Carrying Honorary KM
Thanks - good grief, I was seriously having some hindsight issues there for a bit!

Honestly, all I've done is pass on info that you would have got if you had called - just trying to save a few people the bother (and as I had said, a long sell was not a viable solution, or we would have been told we could do it.) I don't know why DL didn't post a message on the site - I don't know the reason for a lot of things, or the inner working of the company, (and I have NO information on the future of SM, so needless to say I've not commented on the rumored restructuring thread.) In short, I'll never say anything that you wouldn't hear from me if you called in. The only difference is here on FT, I can say it once and inform a lot of people, and hopefully save a little time for all of us in the long run.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by NWA/Deltaflygirl
Thanks - good grief, I was seriously having some hindsight issues there for a bit!

Honestly, all I've done is pass on info that you would have got if you had called - just trying to save a few people the bother (and as I had said, a long sell was not a viable solution, or we would have been told we could do it.) I don't know why DL didn't post a message on the site - I don't know the reason for a lot of things, or the inner working of the company, (and I have NO information on the future of SM, so needless to say I've not commented on the rumored restructuring thread.) In short, I'll never say anything that you wouldn't hear from me if you called in. The only difference is here on FT, I can say it once and inform a lot of people, and hopefully save a little time for all of us in the long run.
You've got 100% the right attitude about this, and that's why we like having you around ^^ I don't get why DL doesn't take an approach like some other programs (SPG and UA for example) and actively post on FT. One post from a DL employee acting in their official capacity when this bug was first reported along the lines of "Huh. That doesn't sound right. I'll escalate it to IT." and then another a while later saying "Yup, it's definitely a bug. We're working on it, and please be patient. There's no way to book, even by phone right now." would save a lot of people (res agents and customers) a lot of time. Until DL HQ decides to do that, we're very glad to have NWA/Deltaflygirl giving us updates so long as she doesn't get in trouble! ^^^^

Now, are you qualified to head up IT? I'm thinking that you'd be a vast improvement over what they've currently got over there
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Ringside
SkyMiles replied to my e-mail! Enjoy the comedy of bad customer service!

My E-Mail:
There is no award availability on Air France from JFK to Paris in
Business class on any date. Something is wrong with your system. If you
even see a flight come up, if you try to book it, it says sold out. This
is for ANY date you can try. Please fix it.

SkyMiles Reply:
Thank you for contacting Delta Air Lines. We apologize for the
inconvenience caused while navigating on delta.com.

Currently, we are unable to view, assign or change seats for flights
operated by Air France at www.delta.com. Please contact Air France
directly to request pre-reserved seats on this portion of your journey.
I regret any inconvenience.

Mr. Ringside, thank you again for giving us an opportunity to respond
to your concern. We very much appreciate your Medallion loyalty to Delta
and look forward to the privilege of serving you again soon.

Sincerely,

Sean Smith
Online Customer Support Desk
http://www.delta.com
My Followup E-Mail:
Dear Mr. Smith,

You did not understand my e-mail.

Business Class award tickets are not showing up in your system for Air
France on any date and any flight.

This is some kind of IT bug.

My e-mail had nothing to do with seat assignments.

It would be wonderful if you could address my real issue please.

Thanks,
Mr. Ringside

SkyMiles Reply:
Thank you for your e-mail describing your recent experience with
delta.com. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you taking
the time to share the details.

I truly regret your difficult experience when you tried booking your
travel through delta.com. Our website is currently operational, and no
similar reports have been recorded. Please know that we continuously
strive to make our site accessible for all Internet users.

For further assistance, a representative with our 24-hour Online
Customer Support Desk is available to help with any questions you may
have about delta.com. Please feel free to contact us toll-free at
888-750-3284 so that we may assist you with navigational or web-related
needs.

Mr. Ringside, thank you again for giving us an opportunity to respond
to your concern. I very much appreciate your Medallion loyalty to Delta
and look forward to the privilege of serving you again soon.

Sincerely,

Andrew Gerald
Online Customer Support Desk
http://www.delta.com
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:21 am

I can see why you are so upset, you are a Medallion. Probably not for long though...

Honestly, the email responses you are getting are in line with first-line average customer service in the USA. I have kept my blood pressure at normal levels in the past by not expecting more. just my 2 cents.

Last edited by michael_v; Mar 20, 2012 at 11:30 am
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by NWA/Deltaflygirl

Unfortunately everyone above you in IT and SkyMiles Marketing and many of your co-workers in customer service don't share your passion and don't care about the anger and frustration this issue is causing for many customers.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nada :(
That customer support is so hilariously bad, what are they doing over there?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Ringside
Unfortunately everyone above you in IT and SkyMiles Marketing and many of your co-workers in customer service don't share your passion and don't care about the anger and frustration this issue is causing for many customers.
I don't know that it's fair to say that the ones in IT don't care. I think most IT professionals want their systems to work reliably, and when they fail, they're not happy. By all accounts, it sounds like this is something that was caused by changes AF made in their systems without consideration for how it would impact partners. Anyone know if there's an IT worker strike on in Paris right now?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by mtkeller
I don't know that it's fair to say that the ones in IT don't care. I think most IT professionals want their systems to work reliably, and when they fail, they're not happy. By all accounts, it sounds like this is something that was caused by changes AF made in their systems without consideration for how it would impact partners. Anyone know if there's an IT worker strike on in Paris right now?
This is pure speculation, but if it was indeed a change on the AF side of things, how is that EF still shows what Flying Blue shows and if EF picked-up whatever change they made, why couldn't DL do the same?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: Delta Ballast Medallion, Card Carrying Honorary KM
Well, I do! And I guess that's all I can do...

I didn't see an update on the issue this AM (still on 'short time') but I DO hope they get it sorted ASAP if they haven't by this afters...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.