Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why can’t business class award seats be booked on Delta.com for Air France flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why can’t business class award seats be booked on Delta.com for Air France flights?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: Delta Ballast Medallion, Card Carrying Honorary KM
*sigh* I wish I could say more than "I'm sorry" folks, still no word what is going on (which is unusual in and of itself). It's not that I don't want to sell you a ticket using miles, I assure you.

I do 'check in' every day to see if there's been word, and will keep you as updated as I can.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

My response from DL regarding this concern. Really? Try another computer? No other reports? Scary stuff...

Thank you for writing to Delta Air Lines and allowing me the opportunity

to review your concerns regarding website.

We appreciate your comments. We truly regret your difficult experience

when you tried booking your travel through delta.com. Our website is

currently operational, and no similar reports have been recorded. Please

know that we continuously strive to make our site accessible for all

Internet users.

Please try again at a different time, on a different computer, or with a

different Internet connection to complete your transaction.

Last edited by Denolloyd; Mar 22, 2012 at 9:23 am
Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Clearly some staff are not reading their memos. The @DeltaAssist agent I communicated with this morning was very enthusiastic about getting something up on DL.dumb indicating that this is a known problem, even if they can't post an estimated repair time. Hopefully he/she can convince someone to do it.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:21 am

Oh I hope so - even if it's 'we don't have a fix ETA yet'...

I make it a point to let them know every time I see a glitch, or perceive one - if they system isn't working, I can't do my job effectively.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Denolloyd
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

My response from DL regarding this concern. Really? Try another computer? No other reports? Scary stuff...

Thank you for writing to Delta Air Lines and allowing me the opportunity

to review your concerns regarding website.

We appreciate your comments. We truly regret your difficult experience

when you tried booking your travel through delta.com. Our website is

currently operational, and no similar reports have been recorded. Please

know that we continuously strive to make our site accessible for all

Internet users.

Please try again at a different time, on a different computer, or with a

different Internet connection to complete your transaction.
Originally Posted by mtkeller
Clearly some staff are not reading their memos. The @DeltaAssist agent I communicated with this morning was very enthusiastic about getting something up on DL.dumb indicating that this is a known problem, even if they can't post an estimated repair time. Hopefully he/she can convince someone to do it.
You do realize that no living, breathing human being read your complaint nor the response before it was sent, correct? It's only after you reply back to that email (with the KMMxxxxxx in the subject line) stating no, you totally missed the point, that it actually gets a review.

For a really fun time, ask the DL customer service machine about the meaning of your favorite provision in the CoC. I've got a whole stack of them, including one assuring me that I can get a full refund on any ticket at any time for any reason regardless of the fare rules.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: UA Plat (farewell DL :-<),Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by bostonbali
I'm pretty sure that BFE is somewhere in Egypt...
Indeed hahaha! I'm just thinking it might be a very small world, I think I made that call haha wanted to see if you could go US to middle east via SYD in one award..... you cant
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by davisew

For a really fun time, ask the DL customer service machine about the meaning of your favorite provision in the CoC. I've got a whole stack of them, including one assuring me that I can get a full refund on any ticket at any time for any reason regardless of the fare rules.
ONLY for tickets booked via DL or through res that are under "Risk free" -

Really, teasing and throwing rocks at front line res doesn't do anyone any good, and might get you re-routed to AUH via BOM with a 30 minute connection on your way to ATL from JFK...

Yeah, I went there!

PS - and the mileage credit would ONLY be from SAV to ATL, just to spice it up.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NWA/Deltaflygirl
*sigh* I wish I could say more than "I'm sorry" folks, still no word what is going on (which is unusual in and of itself). It's not that I don't want to sell you a ticket using miles, I assure you.

I do 'check in' every day to see if there's been word, and will keep you as updated as I can.
So in the meantime, could you comment on the possibility for agents to re-book me on DL metal, opening Z where it's not necessarily available, if I were to call and asking for O upgrade of my W ticket, knowing that O just opened but DL cannot see/use it?
One agent did it for me once but in a different situation where O had already been processed but a schedule change had made the itinerary impossible.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 1:19 pm

E-Mail From SkyMiles VP!

I sent an e-mail to SkyMiles VP Jeff Robertson regarding the situation and here is his reply:

Thanks for your note. I’m well aware of the situation and so is the entire leadership team here at Delta. We have put some postings out on our website with respect to the issue and we continue to apologize for the inconvenience. I assure you that we are doing everything in our power to fix it. The issue however is more complicated however than anyone would expect.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by vgb2001
So in the meantime, could you comment on the possibility for agents to re-book me on DL metal, opening Z where it's not necessarily available, if I were to call and asking for O upgrade of my W ticket, knowing that O just opened but DL cannot see/use it?
One agent did it for me once but in a different situation where O had already been processed but a schedule change had made the itinerary impossible.
Somehow I think it probably won't work - it would be a RM nightmare...
Old Mar 22, 2012, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Ringside
I sent an e-mail to SkyMiles VP Jeff Robertson regarding the situation and here is his reply:

Thanks for your note. I’m well aware of the situation and so is the entire leadership team here at Delta. We have put some postings out on our website with respect to the issue and we continue to apologize for the inconvenience. I assure you that we are doing everything in our power to fix it. The issue however is more complicated however than anyone would expect.
Have you been able to locate these postings?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
Where are these said postings on the website? No banners on award booking. Nothing in the official blog. How would you know if not for FT?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by jbminger
Have you been able to locate these postings?
I do not see any postings.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by NWA/Deltaflygirl
Oh I hope so - even if it's 'we don't have a fix ETA yet'...

I make it a point to let them know every time I see a glitch, or perceive one - if they system isn't working, I can't do my job effectively.
NWA/Deltaflygirl, I'd also like to extend my thanks for helping alert IT to this so it can get resolved. I was about to do a W to O DL/AF transaction (see the other thread) and it appears to have gotten caught up in this the day it started. I need to nail down my travel and it would be very frustrating to having to end up making TATL plans (and it's not like fares for the next month or so are any bargain), and to buy a ticket that would have me sit in the back when I could have bought an alternate ticket so I could sit in front (SWUs TATL with/AF being a great benefit).

Thanks again for your help.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:18 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by Ringside

Not wishing to kill anyone's buzz, but 'ol Slippery Jeff posted just about the same thing 4 years ago regarding DL's efforts to engineer a functional award calendar.

Y'all best not be holding your breath.

Last edited by Sabai; Mar 22, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.