Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why can’t business class award seats be booked on Delta.com for Air France flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why can’t business class award seats be booked on Delta.com for Air France flights?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: Delta Ballast Medallion, Card Carrying Honorary KM
It's a BUG - KL/AF and ST have had some kind of sibling cat fight, and the systems are not talking to each other - IT is aware of the issue and both DL IT and the Joint Venture partners are working on it - no ETA for a fix, but they are working on it.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by SantoDomingo
Can you explain me how a longsell works? that'd be great thanks!
Instead of pulling inventory directly from the GDS, a long sell involves a "message" request to the other airline (Sell me two seats on this flight in this bucket) who then responds either "Yes, the seats you're requesting are now yours (confirmed)" or "No dice".
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by NWA/Deltaflygirl
It's a BUG - KL/AF and ST have had some kind of sibling cat fight, and the systems are not talking to each other - IT is aware of the issue and both DL IT and the Joint Venture partners are working on it - no ETA for a fix, but they are working on it.
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that the fact it's a bug has been identified.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by mtkeller
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that the fact it's a bug has been identified.
Ditto! Thanks flygirl. Although you are an unofficial presence here on FT, it's nice to have someone on the "inside" confirm matters such as this.

I appreciate staying around through thick and thin!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:57 pm

Programs: dl gold, Senator, premier
Originally Posted by davisew
Instead of pulling inventory directly from the GDS, a long sell involves a "message" request to the other airline (Sell me two seats on this flight in this bucket) who then responds either "Yes, the seats you're requesting are now yours (confirmed)" or "No dice".
Thanks for the explanation, I'll defenitely try this out sometime!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:00 pm

No worries - glad I could save a few people a phone call!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Thanks for the update NWA/deltaflygirl.
Now, while they are working on fixing the issue, it would be nice if Delta could communicate to their agents and allow their agents to long sell when O is available.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:23 pm

I hope they figure out the problem soon too.

Currently, I am "confirmed" on Delta complete with an emailed itinerary showing that I have a seat on a CDG-ORD flight in O, whereas checking the reservation on AF.us shows the outbound flight, but not the return (CDG-ORD) flight.

One of the more helpful res agents I spoke to on Sunday (the 18th) claimed that the reason for the current problem is that AF is performing a schedule change which should be resolved by (Tuesday) tomorrow.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jbminger
I hope they figure out the problem soon too.

Currently, I am "confirmed" on Delta complete with an emailed itinerary showing that I have a seat on a CDG-ORD flight in O, whereas checking the reservation on AF.us shows the outbound flight, but not the return (CDG-ORD) flight.

One of the more helpful res agents I spoke to on Sunday (the 18th) claimed that the reason for the current problem is that AF is performing a schedule change which should be resolved by (Tuesday) tomorrow.
Was it an award ticket, or an upgrade from PV?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by vgb2001
Thanks for the update NWA/deltaflygirl.
Now, while they are working on fixing the issue, it would be nice if Delta could communicate to their agents and allow their agents to long sell when O is available.
I don't know if long sell will work - and if they did, it may not 'stick'.
Normally they would tell us to LS a flight if that was a viable work around. We have to do it with some partners anyway, so doing it for KL/AF wouldn't be any different.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:46 pm

We have to do it with some partners anyway, so doing it for KL/AF wouldn't be any different.
Which partners do you have to do it?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nada :(
I assume alitalia, last time I booked tickets I had to call back about 3 times before someone would actually call them and ask for the tickets.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:07 pm

AZ - Atilla (not a typo ) and Jet Air come to mind...
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by vgb2001
Was it an award ticket, or an upgrade from PV?
Its an award ticket. However one thats been booked awhile ago now. A schedule change forced me to change the return from CDG-DTW to CDG-ORD-DTW the next day. Then on Sunday I saw the CDG-DTW flight on DL.sucks in J (still the next day) and called into DL to have it changed. Res agent says, ok, done, I'll email you the itin. I got the email after hanging up and noticed it was in economy. Called back, and after many times of, "I see the flight on AF.us and on EF" and "There is no O-class availability" I said, just change it back to the CDG-ORD-DTW. She did and emailed me the itin. This is when I thought to double check on AF.us and noticed I was not on the CDG-ORD flight according to AF, and still am not.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:21 pm

Spoke with the more knowledgeable agents at the Manual Reissue desk. They tried to long sell AF/KL award yet to no avail. So a long sell does not solve the problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.