Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why can’t business class award seats be booked on Delta.com for Air France flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why can’t business class award seats be booked on Delta.com for Air France flights?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:12 am

I cannot get any date Air France non-stop JFK-CDG in Business to book. Sometimes you can see it on the website but then it can never be booked without the sold out error message! Plenty of availability on airfrance.us. DL agents say the flights must all be out of award inventory!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Still having issues on my end as well. I'm hoping this gets resolved soon.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by Denolloyd
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

I gave @DeltaAssist a specific example of something that should show up but won't. I find it odd that KL inventory shows up, but then you get the sold out message when you try to do anything with it. Has anyone even seen an AF business seat in the last three days? I've only seen coach, and that gave me "sold out".
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by mtkeller
I gave @DeltaAssist a specific example of something that should show up but won't. I find it odd that KL inventory shows up, but then you get the sold out message when you try to do anything with it. Has anyone even seen an AF business seat in the last three days? I've only seen coach, and that gave me "sold out".
The frustrating thing is @DeltaAssist will just think you're upset b/c an award seat isn't available like all the phone agents. No one believes us that this is a problem b/c they're so used to award seats not being available.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: Delta Ballast Medallion, Card Carrying Honorary KM
Originally Posted by Ringside
Plenty of availability on airfrance.us. DL agents say the flights must all be out of award inventory!
Is that for Flying Blue? Remember, DL/KLM/AF are in an alliance but will still offer more inventory to their own FF programs before freeing it up for SM, and please understand it's just as frustrating for us if we can't make you happy!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:02 am

The frustrating thing is @DeltaAssist will just think you're upset b/c an award seat isn't available like all the phone agents. No one believes us that this is a problem b/c they're so used to award seats not being available.
I'm citing space on EF and af.us to them right now in a series of DMs. Also pointed out how KL inventory shows up on DL.dumb but then says "sold out" when trying to click through.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by NWA/Deltaflygirl
Is that for Flying Blue? Remember, DL/KLM/AF are in an alliance but will still offer more inventory to their own FF programs before freeing it up for SM, and please understand it's just as frustrating for us if we can't make you happy!
This is nothing more than an urban legend in the case of AF/KL. (It's clear that KE reduces what they give to partners, and it's likely true for other programs as well. I think CI was one that has been tested and is believed to be in that boat.) Before this hiccup happened, flights would show O1 in EF and be perfectly bookable through DL. Now there are simply zero AF flights that can be booked on DL.dumb, it seems. I can't even find an AF seat in business on flights that are O9. The only AF flight I've seen come up since last week was in coach, and it gave me the sold out error.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:07 am

The problem is it seems impossible to book any Air France Business Class award seat right now. The frustrating thing is, everyone seems to have your attitude that I'm just upset over award seat availability when there seems to be some kind of system bug.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: UA1k, DL

Originally Posted by Denolloyd

Last J seat I saw was Friday night JFK-CDG. When I tried to book, I received the sold out error. Since then, all I see is Y. Even then, I still get the sold out message. Something is surely amiss if you and I are unable to book an award .

Paging 3C. Any thoughts / info on your end?

I have a wedding to attend in OTP and want to fly ST but may be forced to do *A.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:22 am

Well, now @DeltaAssist has started treating me like I don't know what I'm doing and claiming the seats I'm seeing aren't award seats. I've reiterated that this worked until late last week and am awaiting a response.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:33 am

Well, now @DeltaAssist has started treating me like I don't know what I'm doing and claiming the seats I'm seeing aren't award seats. I've reiterated that this worked until late last week and am awaiting a response.
Can we challenge @DeltaAssist to book any Business Class AF ticket on any date right now without getting the message "We're sorry. One or more of the flights you selected just sold out. Please search again to view and select alternate flights."
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:46 am

The problem is it seems impossible to book any Air France Business Class award seat right now. The frustrating thing is, everyone seems to have your attitude that I'm just upset over award seat availability when there seems to be some kind of system bug.

I'm only suggesting what it could be, bearing in mind that I don't know if it is a bug or not - I DO know that award travel to Europe is pretty heavy this year all across the board as apposed to my 'usual suspects' (IE FCO and any point in Italy is always a bear due to cruises) - if it's a bug, (which it very well might be, I wouldn't know unless I was at work and saw a memo) I hope they would fix it ASAP - again, it's just as frustrating for res if we can't get what our customers need - unhappy callers make for long work days.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:55 am

I'm only suggesting what it could be, bearing in mind that I don't know if it is a bug or not - I DO know that award travel to Europe is pretty heavy this year all across the board as apposed to my 'usual suspects' (IE FCO and any point in Italy is always a bear due to cruises) - if it's a bug, (which it very well might be, I wouldn't know unless I was at work and saw a memo) I hope they would fix it ASAP - again, it's just as frustrating for res if we can't get what our customers need - unhappy callers make for long work days.
Can you successfully get an AF Business award flight for any date without getting the message "We're sorry. One or more of the flights you selected just sold out. Please search again to view and select alternate flights."

I'm now checking flights in Jan/Feb 2013 and receiving the same message for any date.

Last edited by Ringside; Mar 19, 2012 at 10:00 am
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:07 am

I'm not at work (and never can post from there) but I was getting error messages on my end, even on a couple domestic flights yesterday - which makes my best guess is 'yep, it's a bug, and they are working on it'.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: UA Silver
I'm not at work (and never can post from there) but I was getting error messages on my end, even on a couple domestic flights yesterday - which makes my best guess is 'yep, it's a bug, and they are working on it'.
I assume you are getting the "just sold out" message. This is a problem for years. It happens especially frequently when you search 2 BE seats on transpacific flights. When you select a "low" award, you almost always get "just sold out". The fact is, there is simply no TPAC DL flight that has 2 BE low award seats. However, the calendar keeps showing green on a couple of dates. Trust me, DL is NOT working on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.